💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Camila Taking A Break

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

Camila has announced on Twitter that now that her touring is over (Jingle Ball included), she is going to step back and take her first real break since X Factor. 

No word on how long this will be. However, it sounds like she hasn't begun production for her next era yet, so we most likely won't see her until the '20s

Good for her though. 

Source: https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/8489380/camila-cabello-taking-a-break-next-era

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DiscoHeaven23
4 minutes ago, Runway said:

Bad idea 

from a business standpoint...

i feel the same. i feel like when ur a new solo act that's so popular, u gotta bang that sophomore album out fast (like less than 1.5 years)

Madonna did it (1 year, 4 months)

Britney did it (1 year, 4 months)

Rihanna did it (8 months)

Gaga did it (1 year, 1 month)

Ariana did it (1 year)

DelusionalGaga

I wonder what that means for her career. She may have been in the industry for years but this was her first solo era. I don't know if it's smart to disappear at such an early stage. 

mmmmm, very bad idea. i hate to be so negative, but her music is so mainstream and she really does not offer much for anyone besides radio. shes most likely gonna come back with a very lukewarm single thats not gonna catch because the new it girls will be around. interesting to see how it plays out tho

omg why is princess is princess high my new nickname

Dominic

It'd be better to release your follow up album and then break but considering shes been in the game for 6 years it's understandable. She will still have hype when she gets back I'm sure. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Mirrion Rizzons

good idea for her mental wellbeing

TERRIBLE idea commercially, she only just became a solo pop act

I think if she wants to stay relevant then she should feature on some pop collabs in the mean time

Hopefully she will come back with good music next time :poot:

툭 êčŒëłŽë©Ž ì–Žêč€ì—†ìŽ ì†ŒëŠŹì§ˆëŸŹì™€

Slovakialop

She literally killed her first era by dissapearing after Never Be The Same.

They could have milked the Camila era, but instead of releasing She Loves Control or Into It as summer smash singles, they waited like 7 months to release an orchestra verision of Consequences (wich, of course, floped).

It feels like if the Havana or NBTS thing happend 2 years ago (actually, Havana was released 1.5 years ago).

And now she want to take a rest? Really? Like what? 2-3 years?

If it's a long break she won't be able to have a big comeback, becouse she doesn't have such a big fanbase.

33 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

from a business standpoint...

i feel the same. i feel like when ur a new solo act that's so popular, u gotta bang that sophomore album out fast (like less than 1.5 years)

Madonna did it (1 year, 4 months)

Britney did it (1 year, 4 months)

Rihanna did it (8 months)

Gaga did it (1 year, 1 month)

Ariana did it (1 year)

honey loooool and other heney above as well

Like this is the same as

Let me make sure yall know im gonna go to the basement slave SIA to write me some songs. Probably have a week in some paradise and that's her break right there

gypsy101

she might be having some mental health issues which obviously most people have so i can relate with wanting to take a break, this just seems like the wrong time to do it. i wish her the best though!

Archived