💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Thinking Out Loud’s Grammy win also invalid

Lighter

Featured Posts

KatieJudasGaga4
1 minute ago, LeJudas said:

I don't think it should matter. If a song takes a while to get noticed, but it gets noticed eventually that just proves how great of a song it is.

Like Just Dance, it took 6-8 months for it to get noticed. Now its one of the most memorable pop songs in HISTORY

1 hour ago, Bel Esprit said:

January 2011 is in the 2012 eligibility period though. 

Are you sure? January 2011 is literally the beginning of 2011..

isn't it from October 2011 to September 2012

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Bel Esprit
16 minutes ago, River said:

Are you sure? January 2011 is literally the beginning of 2011..

isn't it from October 2011 to September 2012

Yes, Grammy eligibility for 2011 ended in 2010.

zakariah

i’m pretty sure the grammys judge if a song should be nominated by WHEN the song gains commercial success

Lighter
2 hours ago, Aquarius said:

i’m pretty sure the grammys judge if a song should be nominated by WHEN the song gains commercial success

Yep they should qualify that part cuz stan twitter will rage out every year

andy232000

Apparently there’s this loophole where you can submit a song as either a standalone single and then as an album track, which is what Post Malone and Ed did. They submit the song under the lable “Track song” and then the Grammy’s consider it using the time in which THE PARENT ALBUM that contains the song is released. 

Example: 

Rock Star came out as a single in September 15 2017 

Rock Stars’s Parent album “Beerpongs & Bentley’s” was released on April 2018

what post Malone did was submit the song as a “track off an album” instead of a “single from the album”, making the Grammys use the albums release date instead of the song’s

it’s kinda like how Gaga got DITD to get nominated despite it only being a single in some select countries 

The nomination for both songs are technically valid...but the Grammys should consider changing their rules so that previously nominated/submitted tracks cannot be nominated again unless they are re-released in a new body of work and in a new format like Joanne was...kinda like how years ago you couldn’t be nominated for Best New Artist if you were previously nominated (the reason Gaga never won that award) 

either way they wont do anything about it this year. Next year they might adjust the rules for future nominations but for now this is as much as it’s gonna get 

Archived