Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

New York Times predicts Shallow will win SOTY

NewRules

Featured Posts

NewRules

New York Times Chief pop critic Jon Pareles predicts Shallow will win Record of the Year and Song of the Year at the Grammys

PARELES Joe, I want to see that Cardi B acceptance speech as much as you do, but I fully expect song and record of the year to belong to “Shallow.” It’s not only a ballad and a song from a movie soundtrack — the Grammys like those — but it’s also a song from a movie about the music business itself, with big-screen images and sympathetic characters for Grammy voters to remember. Lady Gaga is a familiar name and a familiar (and boffo) Grammy show performer. To me that win seems inevitable

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/07/arts/music/grammy-nominations-snubs-surprises.html

Bonkers

NY Times is always right in it's predictions!  Just ask President Hillary Clinton.

:emma:

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

NewRules
Just now, Bonkers said:

NY Times is always right in it's predictions!  Just ask President Hillary Clinton.

:emma:

In fairness, they correctly predicted Bruno would win all of the big categories last year 

HitTheBoat

I have a feeling they will split. ROTY going to This Is America and SOTY going to either Shallow /All The Stars

Teal Ambition

That's called wishful thinking :huntyga:

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

Versace

I have hopes for Song of The Year 

Shallow has the song buzz and movie buzz behind it, it would be a win that will commercialize the Grammys, in other words its the popular thing to do. 

YAS

We will see Bradley pee on stage again :woot:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

ImTired
36 minutes ago, Needlesslyrics said:

New York Times Chief pop critic Jon Pareles predicts Shallow will win Record of the Year and Song of the Year at the Grammys

PARELES Joe, I want to see that Cardi B acceptance speech as much as you do, but I fully expect song and record of the year to belong to “Shallow.” It’s not only a ballad and a song from a movie soundtrack — the Grammys like those — but it’s also a song from a movie about the music business itself, with big-screen images and sympathetic characters for Grammy voters to remember. Lady Gaga is a familiar name and a familiar (and boffo) Grammy show performer. To me that win seems inevitable

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/07/arts/music/grammy-nominations-snubs-surprises.html

Will he meltdown with us when she doesn't? :stalkga:

HosedDownGypsy

I think its between all the stars and shallow, they kinda come from similar places, both performers are acclaimed grammy winners, both have multiple nominations this year, both songs are critically acclaimed and comercially succesful, and both come from universaly acclaimed/boxoffice hit movies. its all or nothing:pray:

RAIN ON ME

Blackwillow
44 minutes ago, HitTheBoat said:

I have a feeling they will split. ROTY going to This Is America and SOTY going to either Shallow /All The Stars

Wrong answer :triggered:

ArtGagaPop

I never thought she would get more then 2-3 noms so it wouldn't surprise me if she sweeps the actual wins! Hopefully we can finally get a gaga pic like this :vegas:
adele-600-17.jpg?w=600&h=600&crop=1

HosedDownGypsy
3 minutes ago, ArtGagaPop said:

I never thought she would get more then 2-3 noms so it wouldn't surprise me if she sweeps the actual wins! Hopefully we can finally get a gaga pic like this :vegas:
adele-600-17.jpg?w=600&h=600&crop=1

I also get the feeling from the last few grammy shows that artists either sweep or leave empty handed :ohwell:

RAIN ON ME

Archived