Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

When I first heard of Gaga, I thought...

Mus

Featured Posts

...that she was some scandinavian model that started a singing career :poot:

What where your initial thoughts on Gaga? :sis:

There could be a 1000 doves in the sky...

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spartacus

Up until VMAs 2009 (the night a stan was born :wub:), I thought she was a British-born DJ.

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™

tomsches

I thought she was another cheap one hit wonder that relies on her sex appeal like the Mr. Saxobeat girl

kabirartfling

I thought  she was a crazy person with Barbie hair cut, and really weirdly funny name! I can recall giggling at the name LaDy GaGa every time I saw it :ladyhaha:

Give your love to me

aaron l

When I first heard Just Dance I thought by her vocals that she was a woman of color. Needless to say I was shocked. :messga:

derpmonster

I first heard Poker Face and the robotic vocals seemed weird and I thought when I heard the "muh muh muh mah", "wow does she have a d!ck or something :laughga:" I just thought the voice was a little masculine and low.

I was a dumb child.

The video was also too much for my innocent boy heart and eyes to handle. I thought of her as this weird performer who wore weird clothes and never paid much attention to her. Until I found Til It Happens To You and I was blown away. I then started letting go of my prejudices and found all of her work.

Keep in mind that I'm from a non-English speaking country so Gaga wasn't on the radio generally. Only on the internet.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Didnt have a huge opinion of her tbh. I liked the few songs I had heard, thought she had talent but I barely ever listen to the radio or watched any TV that had to do with entertainment, so I didnt know much. Took me awhile to catch up for that reason. The first time I heard her name, it was because the LoveGame video was on and I also found out she sang three huge songs that I heard all of the time. It was an awakening.

35 minutes ago, aaron l said:

When I first heard Just Dance I thought by her vocals that she was a woman of color. Needless to say I was shocked. :messga:

Me too I was just going to comment this! 

ItWasntLaauv

The first time I heard “Lady Gaga” I thought people were talking about a kid’s program or baby food. :emma: The first time I heard Just Dance, I thought it was Gwen Stefani. :emma:

Defmix100

I remember Just Dance was playing on tv and my nan said "all music sounds the same these days" and I said something like "yeah but I think she's different, there's something different about her" but then when Poker Face came out I thought she just rehashed JD

derpmonster
5 minutes ago, Defmix100 said:

thought she just rehashed JD

You were right though :creepflop:

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

TheSlash

I really first thought of the song "Radio Ga Ga" and was like "Why is she dishonoring such an iconique song with such a cheap name :cryga: ".

I was 13 and very dumb, btw :vegas: 

Ew, David!

Archived