💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Academy Dropping Kevin Hart

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

GoldenPonyboy

The thing that bothers me most about his apology is that he brings the focus back to him and how he has changed. How about instead you tell us what you have learned and how your past statements would have made people feel. This apology does not seem sincere but more like a pre rendered statement just to get it over with. 

Also oscars please get jonathan van ness to host thanks 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Woolfsmck
11 minutes ago, GoldenPonyboy said:

The thing that bothers me most about his apology is that he brings the focus back to him and how he has changed. How about instead you tell us what you have learned and how your past statements would have made people feel. This apology does not seem sincere but more like a pre rendered statement just to get it over with. 

Also oscars please get jonathan van ness to host thanks 

Good point..

Nothing in his apology about the hurtful content and how LGBT people are affected.

like a cat in a sil, I observe life, moving and still. My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true

AStarIsBorn21
11 hours ago, RAMROD said:

I am not at all sorry for him :classy:

Also, I replied :sis:

Your profile pic says straight man but your username says otherwise. :vegas:

How can some of you, as members of LGBTQ just look away from something like this? And defend him? The fact that he isn't apologizing and literally says "I know who I am and so do the people closest to me" in that caption..... so you arent apologizing because you know you're homophobic and don't care? Good to know. He deserves all the backlash he is receiving. Its 2018, get with the program or get lost. 

omg why is princess is princess high my new nickname

I don't buy it... If he wanted to apologize he would have done it as soon as he was exposed not when news and academy make him do it... It makes it fake... And it proves that he meant what he wrote on Twitter...  He never apologized for it before because he meant every word of that tweet... The saddest part is because he was talking about his own child and he talked about beating him up which is child abuse... 

Also if this was about the white man or anyone being racist and having racist tweets in the past people would linch him and ask... Not ask demand an apology and demand for him to be fired from everything...

So I am happy that the academy fired him...

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

JohnnyVersace

The guy is a tool. We been knew. 

But...this constant witch-hunt to cancel people is so tired. Our culture moves at such a rapid pace, and while is comments were hateful and misinformed, people can learn and change. 2009 was a different time, that's basically ten years ago. LGBT discussion was not nearly at the level it is today. I don't even know if most people knew what it meant to be transgender at the time. I'm by no means defending his words, but I think we gotta learn to forgive and move on, and stop ****ing digging up 10 year old tweets as ammunition. 

That all being said, he hasn't apologized to the people he's offended, and he absolutely should. I totally get his stance of not wanting to be another victim of "cancel culture", but he still did hurt a lot of people, and should say something to them. He should still decline to host, but he should fix the mess he created, and learn how to apologize. That's just the right thing to do, period. 

EDIT:

He did apologize...so why are we still lambasting him? He realized his own wrong-doing and addressed it publicly. 

Reality
2 hours ago, MelbHawker said:

So... because it's in his past, we should completely disregard it? I don't think so.

It may not be representative of who he is now, but he said it. & it was a statement laced with homophobia and violence. It's a statement that represents what the overwhelming majority of the entertainment industry does not stand for. & the social statements this specific industry makes filters down through social media and other forms of media into people's homes and peoples', young people's minds.

I'm glad he was called out on these statements, and I'm glad the academy asked him to apologise. I find it ridiculous he didn't apologise; it says a lot about him as a person. He could've made a statement about inclusion, acceptance and equality but instead he claimed he loves the man he's becoming and stepped down. In other words, 'I said what I said - bye'. 

A person with that sort of mindset is not the right sort of person to be hosting film's night of nights. Next.

I mean, I agree that he should have apologized. The way he's handling this situation isn't making it any better, but at the same time, there are actual, legitimate issues that the LGBTQ community has to face. I'm not saying that what he said was wrong, because it's vile, disgusting, inappropriate, etc., etc., etc., however, to pull up tweets from almost a decade ago doesn't do anything. If people want to fight against homophobia and bigots, there are other more productive ways of doing it.

Once again, I bring up the situation with James Gunn. I vividly remember many people here defending his actions, yet, when Kevin Hart does the exact same thing, all of a sudden people are against it? Why? It's because the majority of this site is LGBTQ (including myself) and because of that, there's an inherence bias towards homophobic rhetoric. Once again, I'm not saying that what he said was wrong because it completely was, however, to bring up these kinds of things seem petty in my opinion. 

🃏🖤👹

MJHolland
5 hours ago, Admin said:

Yeah, I agree, I wrote that because I assumed he did apologize (that's what he said in the video).

I mean according to the OP, the Academy dropped him bc they asked him to apologize and he is refusing to apologize 

While I agree that we shouldn’t judge people TOO much for what they said a decade ago (it was muuuch cooler to be homophobic 10 years ago in America), but he should ABSOLUTELY apologize now. That’s the whole controversy. 

hoebitch11

those tweets were such a non-issue. It's so awkward how like... all these productions no longer have a backbone.

That being said, he could have said something much more thoughtful about it anyways...

AndyDWUW

Good Riddance.

This + Baby its cold outside being banned on radio

HAPPY HOLIDAYS Y’all

20 minutes ago, hoebitch11 said:

those tweets were such a non-issue. It's so awkward how like... all these productions no longer have a backbone.

That being said, he could have said something much more thoughtful about it anyways...

Did you see all of his tweets?

I'm all for humor that pushes social boundaries, I like a roast, I enjoy comics who aren't afraid to be politically incorrect, but let's be honest, his dozens of homophobic tweets aren't jokes, they are just juvenile hateful remarks. There is no punch line to "your profile pic looks like a gay billboard for AIDS," or "if my son comes home & try's 2 play with my daughters doll house I'm going to break it over his head say n my voice stop that's gay."

It's subjective, and you are obviously entitled to your opinion, but if you look at the scope of his tweets I think it's understandable why a lot of people were upset.

Archived