💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Academy Dropping Kevin Hart

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

I think this.is less about his opinion towards LGBT but more of how he handled the situation. If he was smart in his choice of words he would'vebeen able to keep the.job  and turn the issue around to get people talk about social media hatred...

As a comedian he,s also taking himself too seriously and doesn't have much sense of humor either in the way he handles this

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GoldenPonyboy
6 hours ago, Admin said:

I'm pretty sure people can grow and change at any age...

No not on that, I just don’t buy it for him. And trying to get sympathy. He clearly put out the video just to put the academy in a tough spot. 

For exemple, shane dawson, a youtuber that I adore, made some pretty bad jokes ij the past. However, he not only made an apology video but deleted all the other ones and says how sorry he is everytime it is brought up. Kavin made it seem like what he said and the mindset behind it did not drserve more than a whoops sorry my bad. If he grew and learned from it, he could have made a video to help educate and spread the word instead

Woolfsmck

I can see how his unwillingness to (re)apologize again should prevent him from hosting such a big important event.  He represents,  therefore viewers will associate his past/present statements with the show...

However, holding past statements as if they're current and ignoring his apologies, makes it seem like any further apologies wouldn't be accepted anyway...

like a cat in a sil, I observe life, moving and still. My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true

Hillary was against gay marriage but now she is for it. Why wasn't she cancelled? :ohwell:

Don't visit my profile

SharkmanthaC
1 hour ago, chiuga said:

I think this.is less about his opinion towards LGBT but more of how he handled the situation. If he was smart in his choice of words he would'vebeen able to keep the.job  and turn the issue around to get people talk about social media hatred...

The arrogance he had in this whole situation is ridiculous. 

We have had discussions on here about how Gaga has said inconsistent things from 2010, but yet he shouldn’t be accountable for things he said 10 years ago? 

Should the internet trolls go digging these things up? No, but we all know they will. If you’re a celebrity, your past is going to come up. Should celebrities be held to a higher standard than “normal people”? Honestly, I think I’m some way they should, your influence is much greater when you’re famous. If he didn’t act so arrogant about it, I think it would have been okay. No one has produced any evidence of where he has apologized in the past, only this morning because he got caught. 

Just let Gaga and Bradley host. They’ll be on the stage most of the night anyway. :vegas:

she/her/hers

Gov Hooka
4 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Hillary was against gay marriage but now she is for it. Why wasn't she cancelled? :ohwell:

False equivalence sis.

hillary apologized wholeheartedly and went the extra mile to continue the fight for LGBTQ rights. She wasn’t an arrogant ass who refused to apologize for the reason of validating twitter cancel culture... She wasn’t someone who continued to sweep homophobic comments under the rug until the last possible moment.

7 hours ago, M Monstre said:

I'm gonna be completely honest, I don't really see the problem...

Now before anyone starts, I saw the tweets and I think they're vile, disgusting, abhorrent, homophobic, and just plain wrong; however, I don't understand why it's become such a trend to bring up people's past and act like what they've done in the past is representative of who they are now.

I'm not defending Kevin Hart specifically because truthfully I don't care for the guy, but what's the difference between this and James Gunn?? You know at first I was vehemently against Gunn, but as I thought about it more, I thought that it didn't make sense to hold someone accountable for what they've said a literal decade ago. I mean, when the whole James Gunn thing broke, I remember pages upon pages where people here were defending him. So, what's the deal here? 

One case was obviously satarical (albeit super weird and inappropriate).

And one literally supports and encourages the real life physical, emotional and verbal abuse of children because of their sexuality.

MJHolland
8 hours ago, Admin said:

Before watching the video I thought "How hard can it be to just apologize?" but I see his point now. People who dig up tweets from 8-10 years ago are trolls and apologizing would only encourage that behavior.

If I said some racist sh*t 8-10 years ago, you can bet your sweet a*s that  I’d be expected to apologize — at rightfully so! 

Apologizing means we’ve learned from our mistakes, matured since then, and that’s we reject that kind of ignorance man. 

That’s all that’s being asked if Kevin. 

1 minute ago, MJHolland said:

If I said some racist sh*t 8-10 years ago, you can bet your sweet a*s that  I’d be expected to apologize — at rightfully so! 

Apologizing means we’ve learned from our mistakes, matured since then, and that’s we reject that kind of ignorance man. 

That’s all that’s being asked if Kevin. 

Yeah, I agree, I wrote that because I assumed he did apologize (that's what he said in the video).

Reality
55 minutes ago, uo111 said:

One case was obviously satarical (albeit super weird and inappropriate).

And one literally supports and encourages the real life physical, emotional and verbal abuse of children because of their sexuality.

The comedy bit was extreme, but it still doesn't change the fact that it happened almost 10 years ago. I'm sure he's grown and matured since then. Like I said, I don't like his tweets or the comedy bit he did AT ALL, but at the same time, it's petty and pointless to go dig stuff up from his past that may not fully represent him now.

There are bigger issues the LGBTQ community has to face than what Kevin Hart said 9 years ago. 

đŸ–€đŸ‘č

Supersonic
9 minutes ago, Admin said:

Yeah, I agree, I wrote that because I assumed he did apologize (that's what he said in the video).

I just wanna let you know that I appreciate you correcting yourself and admitting you didn‘t know all of the facts. If more people were like that, we‘d have a lot less problems. :hug: 

Reality
7 hours ago, raragaga said:

If someone brought up sht i said and did 10 years ago, I would still have the decency to apologize. People need own up to what they did. It's about respect and compassion. He doesn't want to apologize, not because he has changed, but because he finds nothing wrong with the statements he made.

From what he said, he has apologized for these tweets and the comedy bit numerous times in the past. I don't know, I don't follow Kevin Hart or anything, but I can see his point of view. 

Absolutely, if I was him, I'd apologize immediately. I wouldn't care if I did it a billion times before, I'd do it again. That said, I can see his point of view. 

đŸ–€đŸ‘č

Pray4FameGa

This isn't an argument about homophobia guys.

You're not defending LGBT people by banning him from hosting, that's messed up af.

MelbHawker
10 hours ago, M Monstre said:

I'm gonna be completely honest, I don't really see the problem...

Now before anyone starts, I saw the tweets and I think they're vile, disgusting, abhorrent, homophobic, and just plain wrong; however, I don't understand why it's become such a trend to bring up people's past and act like what they've done in the past is representative of who they are now.

I'm not defending Kevin Hart specifically because truthfully I don't care for the guy, but what's the difference between this and James Gunn?? You know at first I was vehemently against Gunn, but as I thought about it more, I thought that it didn't make sense to hold someone accountable for what they've said a literal decade ago. I mean, when the whole James Gunn thing broke, I remember pages upon pages where people here were defending him. So, what's the deal here? 

So... because it's in his past, we should completely disregard it? I don't think so.

It may not be representative of who he is now, but he said it. & it was a statement laced with homophobia and violence. It's a statement that represents what the overwhelming majority of the entertainment industry does not stand for. & the social statements this specific industry makes filters down through social media and other forms of media into people's homes and peoples', young people's minds.

I'm glad he was called out on these statements, and I'm glad the academy asked him to apologise. I find it ridiculous he didn't apologise; it says a lot about him as a person. He could've made a statement about inclusion, acceptance and equality but instead he claimed he loves the man he's becoming and stepped down. In other words, 'I said what I said - bye'. 

A person with that sort of mindset is not the right sort of person to be hosting film's night of nights. Next.

Haroon

Hmm I can see his point but then if you've addressed it before and have said how you've changed since then and so on, why can't it be said again (even if briefly) for the people who missed it? :duck: I don't think it's about internet trolls here. It's his decision at the end of the day, but this seems more like a pride thing than anything else to me :sweat:

Archived