Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Academy Dropping Kevin Hart

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

Hoeanne

Homophobia wasn't acceptable in 2009. These Jokes were always garbage. If he didn't wanna spend his career defending his homophobic material he shouldn't have written it. At the very least he shouldn't be surprised that it's coming back to bit him.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People didn't want to cancel him for cheating, so let's hope they'll finally cancel him for this :ohwell:

It wasn't that hard to say sorry. As it isn't hard to NOT make homophobic jokes. That's cheap. Now and in 2008.

Kindness rules all.

How hard would it have been to have just said "The jokes were lame and offensive and I'm sorry" and then just move on?! No one would've cared. I'd forgive him if he seemed genuine. I truly don't understand why he wouldn't just apologize for something he absolutely should apologize for instead of sabotaging such a massive opportunity. :saladga:

raragaga
59 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I'm gonna be completely honest, I don't really see the problem...

Now before anyone starts, I saw the tweets and I think they're vile, disgusting, abhorrent, homophobic, and just plain wrong; however, I don't understand why it's become such a trend to bring up people's past and act like what they've done in the past is representative of who they are now.

I'm not defending Kevin Hart specifically because truthfully I don't care for the guy, but what's the difference between this and James Gunn?? You know at first I was vehemently against Gunn, but as I thought about it more, I thought that it didn't make sense to hold someone accountable for what they've said a literal decade ago. I mean, when the whole James Gunn thing broke, I remember pages upon pages where people here were defending him. So, what's the deal here? 

If someone brought up sht i said and did 10 years ago, I would still have the decency to apologize. People need own up to what they did. It's about respect and compassion. He doesn't want to apologize, not because he has changed, but because he finds nothing wrong with the statements he made.

xoxo

Good, glad he's out. Apologizing isn’t hard, fire up the ol’ notes app, celebrities do it all the time. The academy would have let him skate because they are desperate for a host.

The fact that he wouldn’t apologize tells me he stands by what he said, which is his right I suppose, but doesn’t mean you get to host the Oscars. 

Spartacus

The backpeddle. :giggle:

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™

BUtterfield 8

You know honestly if his dumb ass would of apologized, I would forgive him. 

Its idiots like him who refuse to apologize when they know they’re in the wrong that make it the norm.

good riddance.

DeleteMyAccount

I wonder what his opinion would be if it were a white male hosting with racist tweets. Tweets that they weren't apologizing for. 

FlopSlurper
1 hour ago, codymonster said:

Honestly, after watching the video, nothing but respect for him. He said horrible things, but years ago. He has addressed them and had moved on. I agree with him that we currently live in a culture where it’s popular to find bad things about people and attack them. People make mistakes and people move on from mistakes. If he has changed, why should he continue to have to address it. In saying that, the Academy has every right to not want him to host if they feel he is not what they represent. I, however, feel forgiveness is a better road and instead looking at what people have become as a judge of character, not what they were. It’s unfortunate people want to attack people for things that happened 9 years ago. 

If he had really changed it wouldn't be difficult saying he's sorry. Literally all of his responses so far have been "I'm happy, I'm this I'm that" and no sorry or even acknowledgment 

Archived