💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Five Foot Two: Did Gaga emotionally manipulate her grandmother?

gypsy101

Featured Posts

Reality

I didn't see it as emotionally manipulative at all. I mean, it's a song about her (Gaga's grandmother's) daughter's death, how she is not going to play it for her? 

I did think she may have thought Gaga was a little too fixated on Joanne and her passing, but that doesn't scream "EMOTIONAL MANIPULATION!" to me.

🃏🖤👹

25 minutes ago, shoful said:

The thing I still don’t understand about Joanne even after 2 years. Why did she make an album about someone who she never met. I mean i know its not about Joanne directly but like kinda. Idk it just always seemed odd to me 

Sometimes, tragedy define a family. An aunt of mine died a year before I was born. Growing up, I would always hear about her and how speacial she was. All kind of stories. So, she was present in my childhood, even tho I never met her. I think Gaga's situation is very similar, but she has a bigger conection with that figure because she was also an artist.

Yes, I think it was awkward to watch because it's so personal and the granma reacts in an unexpected way for us viewers, but, as someone said before, the fact that, even in its awkwardness, Gaga decided to leave it in the doc, makes it feel real.

Kindness rules all.

Batwings

No, I don't think that at all. However, she stole her grandma's peach when we all know that she grows her own crops and can afford a diamond-encrusted wheelbarrow full of peaches.  :triggered:

Bel Esprit
40 minutes ago, shoful said:

The thing I still don’t understand about Joanne even after 2 years. Why did she make an album about someone who she never met. I mean i know its not about Joanne directly but like kinda. Idk it just always seemed odd to me 

She has been talking about how she sees herself as Joanne's reincarnation since BTW era or earlier.

"Emotional manipulation occurs when a person tries to gain power or control by using sneaky, deceptive tactics to change the thinking, behavior, or perceptions of their victim."

Do you really believe that Gaga playing the song she made that is inspired by her aunt, her grandmother's daughter, is a ploy/deceptive tactic to gain power over her grandmother? Do you really believe that?

Sometimes we have to think about and know what we're saying before we say it. Let's practice that.

40 minutes ago, shoful said:

Does it also seem odd to you when people who clearly haven't met Marilyn Monroe write songs about her?

Gaga is the daughter of Joanne's brother. Joanne's brother has been affected when his sister, Joanne, untimely passed and it has definitely become a part of his narrative. Now, Joanne's brother had children - two daughters - to whom he has shared his narrative with, a narrative that included Joanne. Joanne's brother is the father of Gaga.

I believe we can easily forge a connection between these relationships. I think we can understand, though we can't fully know, why Gaga has been touched by Joanne, despite not meeting her.

I think it's painfully simplistic to believe that it is a requirement for one to meet another person to be deeply moved by his/her life and create art from it without it seeming "odd". 

littlepotter

I don't understand you guys...? If someone made a song about my daughter I'd obviously want to listen to it.

chaeri pls

Chickens in Malibu

No.

She wrote a song about her aunt and would like to play it to her Grandma what's wrong with it? Even if she cried, it shows how moving is the song to her. The entire album and era is a tribute to Joanne, and you guys are complaining about her grandma being on camera? Seriously... How can you make an era about Joanne if you won't even show what she meant to her Grandma and family.

That J

It's always made me uncomfortable but it has my fave line in it...

I love the grandmother saying "dont get all maudlin about it!"..obviously she had dealt with that loss years ago.  

With that said, abuse is a wild theory. I disagree with that.  

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

lordmaler

I wouldn't call it that harsh. But they did try to make huge emotional moment for documentary and it failed big time.

The face her grandma made... I can hear her asking after filming: "Stef, sweetie, where are the pvssy poppin' bops? Your dad told me you are gonna play me some Frankenstein? What the heck was that? The gays will be disappointed."

Gaga silently put her stinky pink hat on and runs out mad with the producer and cameraman... 

RAMROD

She is not. Also her grandma didn't budge by it at all. She probably confused what was Gaga doing and such :poot:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

GagaUnderYou

I do think Gaga and the viewers were expecting more of a reaction out of her listening to the song for the first time. Gaga's grandmother had time to heal and asked her not to become moudlin over it as she knows Gaga becomes obsessed with her art. 

Gaga is a very emotional person in general and this was a vulnerable time for her especially with Sonja not being well. 

Give her a break, she was probably also really excited to honour her family too in her work. 

Dominic

She wants her grandma to hear it and react. She's proud of her work so she wants to see those emotions and have validation that she did good. It's standard human behaviour, we are all the same. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Archived