💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Kevin Hart Makes Homophobia Controversy Worse

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

jaXXXon
2 minutes ago, BLACKOUTbritney said:

My response wasn’t a “calm down” one. It was basically calling you ridiculous. Extremely ignorant? Sis :air: There’s bigger issues than me jokingly playing with the FACT that a huge portion of Oscar viewers are women and gay men. 

A huge portion but not everybody, which is what you initially wrote. If you don't want people to exclude the gays then don't exlude the straights either. And it's a FACT that gays are a big part of that because the Oscars are watched by everyone so OF COURSE the gays are huge part of that :saladga:

The Tony's are called "the gay Oscars" and that's a FACT. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BLACKOUTbritney
2 minutes ago, jaXXXon said:

A huge portion but not everybody, which is what you initially wrote. If you don't want people to exclude the gays then don't exlude the straights either. And it's a FACT that gays are a big part of that because the Oscars are watched by everyone so OF COURSE the gays are huge part of that :saladga:

The Tony's are called "the gay Oscars" and that's a FACT. 

“Literally everyone” is a figure of speech used, especially in the country I’m from, that basically means “a large majority”. I obviously didn’t actually mean that every literal person who watches is a woman or a gay man :rip: You’re getting worked up over nothing 

Dominic

His tweets are bad but I dunno why everyone is begging for an apology as if a fake-ass "I apologise to the lgbtq community" will suddenly make everything fine.

Give him a roasting and move on, they're nearly 10 yr old tweets - I wouldn't beg a homophobe for an apology in a million years. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

RahrahWitch

The tweets are Horrible, a damage control apology wont change that. It doesn't matter how old the tweets are, The man was 31 when he made these Tweets online, for everyone to see. 

Haroon

So people aren't allowed to call out his actions in the past that have been demeaning to a group of people because he's happy right now? :rip: People aren't out there to ruin happiness, people are out there trying to make someone aware that what they did/said wasn't right. He's totally missing the point and trying to make himself out to be a victim, like what on Earth :duck:

:rip:

All you need to do is apologise again and move on, you had an opportunity to host the Oscar for god sake but ok, you are in a good place mentally!

i don’t think they were intended to be homophobic, the tweets are dumb tbh 

hey let’s use him as a joke, I’ll go into Starbucks and order a “Kevin Heart sized latte” 

“I’m sorry mr landlord but I’m abit Kevin heart on my rent this month”

🙋🏼‍♂️

The tweets aren't very nice but the past is the past. 

I don't like to harp on the past and he's clearly not really not a homophobic person, he's a comedian and the jokes he made were just distasteful. 

But I don't hear y'all bitching when Azealia Banks drops gay slurs

StrawberryBlond

This segment was really reported on weirdly on my news today or I just misheard. I was led to believe that it was Kevin accusing the academy of being homophobic. So, I go on here and find it's the other way round. I thought it was a really strange news story. Seeing all these tweets now, it looks like it doesn't matter how long ago it happened, they were that bad. And unlike a lot of these retroactive punishment things, he was a grown man when he said this stuff, not an ignorant teenager who was still learning sensitivity. Highly immature things for an adult to say as well. I mean, most of those comments are stuff that I've heard coming from teens, not 31-year-olds. And if he was acting like that at this age, it suggests he might not have completely changed.

Wonder who the new host is going to be? Imagine if they made it Chris Rock again? Because last time, he made a joke about how he couldn't boycott the ceremony because he couldn't lose another job to Kevin Hart (he was in the audience). Now he could come back and put a new spin on that joke!

Archived