💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Kevin Hart Makes Homophobia Controversy Worse

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

DeleteMyAccount

It would be completely different if he would just apologize and express his thoughts to the LGBTQ... People would move on. 

Unfortunately, that's not the case. 

Another thing, he's just making excuses due to his job title.

Does this set a new precedent?

Can anyone make such comments and "jokes" and slap it with an "I'm a comedian" sticker and get away with it?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jewels n Drugs

Why do people care about tweets from 2009? :lolly:

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

ltlmnstr

He has a net worth of 120 million. Of course, "he's in a happy place." 

Kevin, puts so much emphasis in being a ~MAN~ in his act why don't he "man up" and apologize? 

He didn't and now he's fired. Speech has consequences. That's life. 

thank u, next 

We have to allow comedians and artists to push the boundaries of what we find socially acceptable, and not react too harshly when they cross those boundaries. We have to allow people the opportunity to grow.

That being said, Kevin Hart's mea culpa is ****. The same ego that is preventing him from apologizing for the hurt his statements may have caused, is the same ego that made him think his son's queerness would be about his own failures as a parent.

4 hours ago, geopang said:

That’s not homophobia. That’s just stupidity. We need to stop using “racist”, “transphobic”, and “homophobic” for instances that aren’t. It really weakens the power of the terms and makes us look dumb. Let’s reserve them for real oppressive comments/actions that actually oppress us.

My favorite one is when a man says he doesn’t want to wear a crop top or a wig and he gets blasted with “toxic masculinity” :ladyhaha:

RAMROD

It's over, fam.

He apologized.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Bel Esprit
26 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

It's over, fam.

He apologized.

Is he still dropped from hosting?

6 hours ago, Gardevoir said:

(Sorry, but my phone won't let me unquote you)

Tbh, I get it. It's getting old this thing of digging your tweets from 10 years ago. What he said was pure bad taste, sure. But I think people need to understand that 10 years is... A lot of time. If he remembered those tweets he would have deleted them for sure. I mean... I don't know what kind of speech I was having 10 years ago. 

I find all this stupid and reductive

RAMROD
15 minutes ago, Bel Esprit said:

Is he still dropped from hosting?

Yes. He resigned as well.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Bel Esprit
1 minute ago, RAMROD said:

Yes. He resigned as well.

Hopefully this drama at least helps boost the ratings. :vegas:

jaXXXon
8 hours ago, BLACKOUTbritney said:

Oh please, you know what I mean by that. A huge portion of Oscar viewers are women and gays. So they should look at dropping him. I knew there’d be one :air: 

Then write THAT and not generalize. The Oscars are watched by 30-40 million people in the US alone, it's obviously not just gays. I wonder why your response is a "calm down" type of one. Kevin Hart's jokes were a decade old yet people are going bezerk over them. Your post is only a few hours long and extremely ignorant. The Oscars have a huge viewership and a decent chunk of that are gays and women, but there is also a huge chunk that's movie geeks and just your average joe. Or are you telling me everyone interested in film and every actor is gay? :saladga:

And since when are the Oscars attracting that many gays? It's attracting the usual number. The TONY'S are the ones attracting many gays because of musicals and broadway, the least popular genre for straight men. Good cinema is basically what attracts EVERYONE, so stop the nonsense.

BLACKOUTbritney
6 minutes ago, jaXXXon said:

Then write THAT and not generalize. The Oscars are watched by 30-40 million people in the US alone, it's obviously not just gays. I wonder why your response is a "calm down" type of one. Kevin Hart's jokes were a decade old yet people are going bezerk over them. Your post is only a few hours long and extremely ignorant. The Oscars have a huge viewership and a decent chunk of that are gays and women, but there is also a huge chunk that's movie geeks and just your average joe. Or are you telling me everyone interested in film and every actor is gay? :saladga:

And since when are the Oscars attracting that many gays? It's attracting the usual number. The TONY'S are the ones attracting many gays because of musicals and broadway, the least popular genre for straight men. Good cinema is basically what attracts EVERYONE, so stop the nonsense.

My response wasn’t a “calm down” one. It was basically calling you ridiculous. Extremely ignorant? Sis :air: There’s bigger issues than me jokingly playing with the FACT that a huge portion of Oscar viewers are women and gay men. 

jaXXXon
11 hours ago, Scathach said:

Oscars is often referred as Gay Superbowl. Of course not only gays are watching but it's important part of viewers who should sit through 4hours of an homophobic men.

That's nonsense. The Tony awards are called "the Gay Oscars". That's well-known. If the Oscars were already gay then why would the Tony's be called the gay version of the Oscars? 

Archived