Moo

Featured Posts

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
YoungHuyzy
1 hour ago, boyfromnowhere said:

tumblr_mkarvdRwdE1qhixrao1_250.gif

Ok but I'm actually gonna be bopping when this comes on at the local gay club :music:

ssslyboy
1 hour ago, NCgaga said:

Shallow is gonna go down as one of those club bangers that gets everyone on the floor, like electric slide or Macarena. 

:ladyhaha:

2 hours ago, imnotyourbabe10 said:

I just have a hard time when the community wastes its unique opportunity as queer outsiders that could radicalize society but instead assimilates to the norm and divides one another based on assumptions such as wanting marriage or neo-liberal politics or binaries such as "masc/fem" & "top/bottom."    I mean, there's a lot of hyper-sexualization, racism, internalized homophobia and misogyny within it, too.

I don’t really disagree with anything you said, but your criticisms of the gay community exist in all minority, “outsider” groups. You won’t find a single group that doesn’t strive to assimilate in one way or another - especially when it comes to traditional family values.  

And not that I’m defending neo-liberalism, but how does that respond to the question about ostracizing? The fact that most of the LGBT community follow neoliberal politics is more a result of ignorance, not a desire to divide. 

The only thing that I do disagree with you is the idea that remixing songs dilutes their meaning. Gaga would most likely disagree with you too. The point is to reach as many people as you can through music - not limit it to some narrow-minded, purist frame. 

4 hours ago, sabatini said:

you guys haaaave to understand this chart is about REMIXES and not the original songs. Shallow has a ton of remixes which are played over and over in clubs so that’s why it’s 1

(same happened to TIHTY)

i had no idea, thanks for clarifying 👌

Lighter
6 hours ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Just Dance at #2.......Just Dance is shoooook:triggered:

What the **** this triggered me

imnotyourbabe10
On 12/7/2018 at 12:21 AM, Postboy said:

And not that I’m defending neo-liberalism, but how does that respond to the question about ostracizing? The fact that most of the LGBT community follow neoliberal politics is more a result of ignorance, not a desire to divide. 

The only thing that I do disagree with you is the idea that remixing songs dilutes their meaning. Gaga would most likely disagree with you too. The point is to reach as many people as you can through music - not limit it to some narrow-minded, purist frame. 

Thank you for these comments.

I appreciate the insight -- always looking to reflect on and re-examine my views.  And I agree with what you're saying.  It is out of ignorance and not some divisive hatred. 

I have to take a step back on my remixing comment now that I think of it, too.  Huge Sarah McLachlan, Jewel, Amy Winehouse fan and they totally have remix albums out there.  So I take that back. 

Have a wonderful weekend! :hug:

Archived