💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

When Gaga had Space Cowboy just for show.

YCHofficial

Featured Posts

ChromaticPrincess
1 minute ago, Lighter said:

Its michael lol

Oh **** your right my bad :ladyhaha: sorry michael:laughga:

✨oh the lights dim while we’re dancing yeah the floor is shaking in this disco heaven✨

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gypsy101
3 hours ago, PrincessVenus said:

Oh **** your right my bad :ladyhaha: sorry michael:laughga:

how did you think it was spelled

raragaga

lmao and why is Sherri recording the performance?

:ladyhaha: so random

xoxo

YCHofficial
3 hours ago, Ethan said:

Did they lower the key and slow the tempo? Why? What good would that do lmao god 2008-2009 was weird 

Yes, in that era she sang Just Dance and Paparazzi a lot of times on a lower key.

ChromaticPrincess
3 hours ago, gypsy101 said:

how did you think it was spelled

Idk I had a brains fart just ignore me lol:huntyga:

✨oh the lights dim while we’re dancing yeah the floor is shaking in this disco heaven✨

Space Cowboy was paired with Gaga cause they (Interscope) didn't believe enough on both of them to be bankable. In a way they were testing the waters in a safe way. Gaga career went supernova but sadly, Space Cowboy never went that far.

Many of the epic intros and interludes from the Fame were adopted from his previous works, actually. 

But he will forever be on our hearts. 

1 hour ago, YCHofficial said:

Yes, in that era she sang Just Dance and Paparazzi a lot of times on a lower key.

I knew she sang Paparazzi in a different key (she continued to always sing it in the lower, different key until JWT, if I’m correct? But I had never heard JD sung lower. AND slower, too!

4 hours ago, Ethan said:

Did they lower the key and slow the tempo? Why? What good would that do lmao god 2008-2009 was weird 

ahh.gif 

I wouldn't say it was "weird" at all.

Gaga was heavily promoting and performing all throughout the year and back then her vocals were not as powerful and stable as they are today. They had to lower the key so that she's more comfortable and has less chances of making an error. 

"Paparazzi" was sung in a lower key from very early on because she recorded the entire song in head voice in 2006 and she couldn't access that register comfortably anymore. from the MB1 up until first artRAVE leg she performed in the original key and either struggled or sounded nasally. In most cases the backing track overpowered her and she sang to a backing melody. From the artRAVE to JWT she's done the song justice and did in a lower key. Wish she'd do the same to "Just Dance" and serve pleasant vocals. 

gagzus
5 hours ago, Ethan said:

They used to do it because her voice was heavily edited on the album to sound more “radio friendly” I think she even mentioned that in recent years. Paparazzi was the only exception because she sang it in head voice back in 06/07 but smoking, drinking and drugs ruined her voice probably so that’s why that occurred for that song. But tbh I preferred her vocals back in 2008/09 more than now tbh :sweat:

22 hours ago, Negev said:

ahh.gif 

I wouldn't say it was "weird" at all.

Gaga was heavily promoting and performing all throughout the year and back then her vocals were not as powerful and stable as they are today. They had to lower the key so that she's more comfortable and has less chances of making an error. 

"Paparazzi" was sung in a lower key from very early on because she recorded the entire song in head voice in 2006 and she couldn't access that register comfortably anymore. from the MB1 up until first artRAVE leg she performed in the original key and either struggled or sounded nasally. In most cases the backing track overpowered her and she sang to a backing melody. From the artRAVE to JWT she's done the song justice and did in a lower key. Wish she'd do the same to "Just Dance" and serve pleasant vocals. 

Girl I knew this. I meant 08-09 was weird (not weird in a bad way) in terms of... how pop culture and television was and how it is now. I’ve been with her since Just Dance. I’m right along with you all. I was more commenting on how bizarre the landscape of the pop zeitgeist has drastically and significantly changed. There’s an element of campiness I found in this performance that is missing from pop performances (in general) of today. When I said “lmao it was weird”, I don’t mean weird in a bad way. I mean it in a “damn I love dis ****” type of way. I see how vague and almost degrading it was interpreted, lol. 

Also, my stanning came in during PF, so any if not most JD performances I kinda just missed. Upon revisiting JD performances in my memory I had thought most of them were in their original key tho, which is why  I had commented as shocked. Lol. 

27monster27

The reason why Just Dance and Paparazzi were lowered is because of damage allegedly from cocaine. She still easily could have been able to sing both songs in their normal key had she never done that. The effects of the damage could still be felt into the BTW era in 2011. In 2012 you could hear her vocals sort of finally started to get back to normal, but the whole 10+ blunts a day thing messed up that healing process. This is why her vocal range started to go back to where it was only in 2013 until now.

he/him/his

Schwerk

If I recall correctly she was actually sick that day. She still kicks ass though. 

I wonder what Space Cowboy is up to these days. I always found it a bit odd having him in the background, just like I hate it when a band needs to pretend to play live.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

freebit

I wonder what happened to Space Cowboy. Last I read he was working with Xenomania, but that was back in 2012-13. He is basically a forefather of PC Music, so I'm curious to what kind of music he's making now.

On 12/6/2018 at 3:00 PM, XC1792 said:

I think it was more a visual / aesthetic thing having him in the back whilst she performed.  I always thought it was suppose to catch that underground NYC club vibe. 

That had to be it because having him travel with her everywhere during The Fame was kind of pointless otherwise IMO. She never really needed him on a live music level. I think her friend DJ VH1 was supposed to fullfill that DJ role at first, but it just didn't happen for whatever reason (according to that unauthorized bio of hers I read & her friend's interview).

Archived