• Success/lack of
    • A combination of the above
    • I don’t listen to songs :icega:

Featured Posts

The Bling

How well they showcase the emotion they're trying to emote :lana:

Sigmund Freud, analyze this

FfFfFfFF

There are traits that I can identify (a beat, a key  change, an instrumental element etc) and say ''I liked the song because of it'' but on the other hand I can't fully explain all of the time. Liking a song it's a little bit irrational & subjective. For instance, there are songs different to my usual preference that somehow work.

To me it's mostly the melody of the instrumental and how the voice compliments it. The clash of them together really makes it. The success or lack of success really has no impact on me. 

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

Diamonster

I’m a very melodic person so it’s mostly both the instrumental and the melody of the voice which to my brain is just another instrument, the lyrics aren’t that important to me, I usually notice them way after, I’m a mess :oops: So I often end up with guilty pleasures 

I also usually like much more if a song has real instruments, or at least that they give a convincing enough sound, it feels so gooddd to hear a good guitar or real brass unfff

diamondheartxx

I can appreciate the lyrics and the voice. To me, those are the most important components of a song. but what REALLY gets me into a song is the composition. 

raragaga

i mean obviously a combination of all.. but i love great lyrics most of all.

xoxo

It depends. If I want to listen deeply to the song, the voice and instrumentals are what capture me. Especially the latter: I usually visualize songs in images/scenes/shapes in my mind, and it all comes to the sound of it all

If I want to listen to a song because of it's meaning, I tend to choose lyric-wise.

But I don't know, maybe because my first big musical impression was from BTW when I was 13, I look for that same kind of impact soundwise, lyricwise, EVERYTHINGWISE

☄️ Before there was love, there was silence 🌌

Oriane

The melody. I usually pay more attention to the vocals than the instrumental, as in most songs the instrumental is merely complimenting the main melody made by the vocals.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

StrawberryBlond

A combination of everything, except success. Although if I've heard the song enough times and its been sung well live, I can slowly build up a relationship with it to the point where I start thinking it's not that bad, but it's not quite the same thing, of course. The lyrics are the most important thing to me, as without them, a song can't possibly be a good song, it's just a good instrumental at most. The instrumental is the second most important thing because it carries the lyrics and if it's bad, it can really throw off the good lyrics because you're irritated by background noise. And third is the voice, while not the main attraction, if it's really bad, it can majorly impact how much I like a song.

The Fame

I judge songs on how they make me feel. If a song makes me want to get up and dance, or run around like a maniac and then punch someone in the face, then I love it. :firega:

Archived