news

Lady Gaga nominated for Best Actress at Golden Globes

joannethenight

Featured Posts

Leblanc
1 hour ago, pachinko said:

what guy?

You missed it :diane:

Some fool who just came on here and made an account to chat sh*t about this and try to say we will be dissapointed because all we did was overhype the film.

Under the name PoppinsReturns or something :ladyhaha:

I always let the good ones go

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only six pages of conversation when Gaga is nominated for multiple Golden Globes, but twice that many to debate the rapyness of Baby It's Cold Outside. Kind of a bummer.

But never mind that, remember when everyone was nervous about how this film would be received? Now she is rolling in accolades. Even if she doesn't win, she has achieved so much with this role.

Congratulations to Gaga. :)

Bradley
11 hours ago, gag said:

La La Land's backlash began when it swept the Golden Globes. The opinion of the public is still hugely influential to AMPAS's voting process.

La La Land was nominated for 14 times at the Oscars (the most in Oscar history), even winning Best Director, Best Actress, Best Original Score, Best Production Design, Best Cinematography, Best Original Song. I am pretty sure that the fact that they swept the Golden Globes contributed to this achievement. Yes it didn't win Best Picture, but if it didn't sweep the Golden Globes, I doubt it would have won SIX Oscars, which is an impressive feat.

Besides, who's to say that La La Land didn't win Best Picture is the direct result of it winning at the Golden Globes?

You guys are so paranoid that even something that should be celebrated can be interpreted as a tragedy. Like calm down and relax.

Bradley
6 hours ago, SKANK said:

Only six pages of conversation when Gaga is nominated for multiple Golden Globes, but twice that many to debate the rapyness of Baby It's Cold Outside. Kind of a bummer.

But never mind that, remember when everyone was nervous about how this film would be received? Now she is rolling in accolades. Even if she doesn't win, she has achieved so much with this role.

Congratulations to Gaga. :)

A lot of comments were deleted in this page because there was a troll earlier.

derpmonster
15 hours ago, neptugne said:

honestly hope they don't sweep, so people don't accuse gaga/them of buying it lol, but I hope Brad - best director, Gaga - best actress would be cute.

Trying to leave here but you won't let me leave, saying that if I care what they think, I'll never succeed.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

5 hours ago, Kitsch said:

La La Land was nominated for 14 times at the Oscars (the most in Oscar history), even winning Best Director, Best Actress, Best Original Score, Best Production Design, Best Cinematography, Best Original Song. I am pretty sure that the fact that they swept the Golden Globes contributed to this achievement. Yes it didn't win Best Picture, but if it didn't sweep the Golden Globes, I doubt it would have won SIX Oscars, which is an impressive feat.

Besides, who's to say that La La Land didn't win Best Picture is the direct result of it winning at the Golden Globes?

You guys are so paranoid that even something that should be celebrated can be interpreted as a tragedy. Like calm down and relax.

SIX Oscars was literally on the low end for La La Land that year. Pre-Globes win, it was predicted to get 8-10. I'm not saying there's a direct causation, but it's just incorrect to think that the 7 out of 7 wins that it garnered didn't contribute at all to it losing Best Picture. The GG sweep began shifting the tide of public opinion that it was an 'overrated white people movie' that aimed to redefine jazz, a black genre, against Moonlight, a 'masterpiece' that explored black masculinity and LGBT+ issues. Studios have historically gone out of their way to avoid the status as frontrunners as it has continually led to an underperformance on actual Oscar night. :shrug:

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

Archived