Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Lady Gaga nominated for Best Actress at Golden Globes

joannethenight

Featured Posts

honestly hope they don't sweep, so people don't accuse gaga/them of buying it lol, but I hope Brad - best director, Gaga - best actress would be cute.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Queen Bitch
1 hour ago, LeJudas said:

I wrote and rehearsed 100 speeches and 99 of them just weren't authentic enough. So I threw them away and used the 1 speech I knew would work, and that speech is what I just said because I've been using my own mind since I was 13 years old and no speech is better than one created in the moment.

Why does that sound like something Trump would say

lavenderblondee
3 hours ago, Rainbow1 said:

She’s definitely getting best original song no question 

Absolutely, this is the one award I’m confident on. I feel sort of confident on Bradley winning best director but not 100% confident best actress or film.

pachinko
1 hour ago, jinko said:

Oh my god. I'm fully entertained but I also feel extreme pity for that guy. How can you be a fully formed human being and choose to be this kind of pathetic :toofunny: I don't understand! Even using Mary Poppins, lol.

ANYWAY, congratulations to Ms. Lady Gaga for snatching another Best Actress/Original Song nomination on one of the most recognized award-giving body for her CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED performance on a BOX OFFICE HIT movie! The movie even got nominated in FIVE out of the SIX awards it's eligible to be nominated in. May she continue provoking low lives to commit literally the most stupid thing they could think of through her TALENT :vegas:

what guy?

Bradley
1 hour ago, neptugne said:

honestly hope they don't sweep, so people don't accuse gaga/them of buying it lol, but I hope Brad - best director, Gaga - best actress would be cute.

Why would you deny yourselves of your deserved achievements just because you are afraid of the opinion of someone you do not know?

People who make those accusations are jealous and pressed people anyway. Why bother them at all?

23 minutes ago, Kitsch said:

Why would you deny yourselves of your deserved achievements just because you are afraid of the opinion of someone you do not know?

People who make those accusations are jealous and pressed people anyway. Why bother them at all?

La La Land's backlash began when it swept the Golden Globes. The opinion of the public is still hugely influential to AMPAS's voting process.

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

bionic

I think she will win at least 2, but then won't replicate it with the Emmys (like last time :grr:)

buy bionic

12 minutes ago, gag said:

La La Land's backlash began when it swept the Golden Globes. The opinion of the public is still hugely influential to AMPAS's voting process.

Ugh, awards season is such a tightrope :saladga:

Don't win enough, people start to count you out of the Oscar race. Win too much, backlash begins 

I still want Gaga to win her 2 though. Bradley can lose one of his, take one for the team :oops:

StrawberryBlond

No idea nominations were due, lovely surprise. Kinda surprised that Sam didn't get best supporting, but I guess you can't win em all. I don't know if I really expected best screenplay either. But other than that, it got pretty much every nomination I expected and that it deserved. I could really see Bradley and Gaga winning their acting awards and getting best song. That seems a reasonable prediction. I'm surprised to see that Glenn Close hasn't had the runaway success of winning awards like I thought she would, so it seems there's more chance than I first thought.

But I'm still not getting too far ahead of myself when it comes to Oscar nominations as they can think very differently from the Globes, especially when it comes to matters of the acting reputations. Jennifer Aniston got her first GG nomination in 2015 but wasn't given an Oscar nomination likely because of her years of bad choices working in frothy romcoms that caused her to not be seen as a serious actress. Madonna famously won a Golden Globe for Evita but didn't even get so much as a nomination at the Oscars likely because the academy thought she wasn't a credible choice after being famous for making bad movies up until then and had won 3 worst actress Razzies, 1 worst supporting actress Razzie and been nominated in worst actress of the decade and worst new star of the decade. One good performance wasn't enough to override that past. Gaga obviously hasn't got a track record like that but being a singer could still hold her back. 

5 hours ago, ThatBish said:

YAAAAAAAAASSSNDJSJABSHSJDNDBSKSDJDBDBSJSODDNDJSODUSGSBSMFKFJDNDNDKDJDBDKDJDBDIDBDJEo7gpzx0ippsy.png

Same energy.

Archived