Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Ellie Goulding Is Ahead Her Time

ItWasntLaauv

Featured Posts

MonsterPaws

I kind of disagree.

Idk if you remember this but dubstep electropop-ish was HUGE (Skrillex anyone?) around the time Halcyon was released. If anything Ellie was on-point with the trends at the time and Halcyon demonstrates that perfectly.

If you meant songs more like Anything Could Happen, Lights (though it's from the previous album) etc. then I would argue for your case. Because those songs were sonically different than mainstream pop. Even today.

ALGAYDO

Ellie is one of my all-time favorite vocalists, but nah. She just knew exactly where her voice would fit wonderfully. Halcyon and Halcyon Day’s were her peak in terms of quality of work and música direction, both versions of that album are pure gold. But nothing ~new~ or too ~fresh~ was brought to the table imo 

Yeah she started out as something really special and her work absolutely was remarkable. Then she ofcourse sold out to the mainstream and now I don’t pay any attention to her. If she’d have stuck to her original formula she’d probably be legend status by now tbh..

I'm only know burn burn burn

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

tomsches

No 

You have to listen to more music und not just pop music to unterstand what "ahead of one's time" actually means 

Teal Ambition

Definitely not but Halcyon and Halcyon Days are fantastic albums :tony: She peaked there though sadly

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

Archived