💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Ellie Goulding Is Ahead Her Time

ItWasntLaauv

Featured Posts

ItWasntLaauv

Specifically her album Halcyon, I’m not talking about Halcyon Days (even though that’s also good), just the original deluxe edition is absolutely wonderful. Each song is produced and sung so refreshingly ambient, emotional, and wintery. And can we talk about how current and fresh Figure 8 sounds, it’s hard to believe that it was a single and it DIDN’T smash. Can we just gather around and praise this album to the heavens please, I hope she does another album like this ughhh :firega::cryga:

AlexanderMagno

Given the music landscape by the time Halcyon was released, she was not ahead of her time. She did exactly the type of music that was catching attention and getting praise back then. It was not something too different. It was, however, wonderfully done.

But then her career took a whole different run and she went from indie pop gold to something much more generic.

Yeah, she wasn't ahead of her time. But I'd argue Bright Lights, Halcyon, Halcyon Days were exceptionally done. It sounded like her sound. Like she owns whatever genre they are. They're so damn good.

Her more recent projects, however, are... not it. Delirium was on the low side of okay - it really sounded like she was trying to get on whatever's popular then - and Close To Me was just plain sht.

So for me, early Ellie was "ahead of its time" bc she actually knew what sound fit her the best and make her shine, but her recent material can go Burn™.

ANYWAY, you reminded me of how much I've missed her early works!!! I'm gonna listen to them now :party:

RAMROD

Please don't throw these words around so easily. Let Xtine the only who did that mistake in 2010. :poot:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

youandi

She was, but I feel she's devolved from a unique pop artist breaking boundaries of everyday pop music should sound like to someone who makes music suited to radio 

Nothing wrong with this, she was just more interesting before

memomemome

Exactly when I'm listening to Halsey I'd be hey she sounds like ellie old material.

But still ellie, best era is bright lights / halcyon. Today is so, Im sorry.

Fernster7

Not really sure about the rest of your post but Figure 8 is definitely one of the best songs ever. 

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

Archived