Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Thin line between Living Legend and Living Joke

Gohan

Featured Posts

Space Cowboy

Contrary to popular believe pop queens have no control over their fans. Not necessarily their responsibility.

Space Cowboy

There is good and bad everywhere and fandoms are no exceptions to this. It’s honesty only an issue if you pay attention too it because some people go waaaaaaay too far.

Antichrist
1 hour ago, Ronk said:

So true.  Artists are people and sometimes make mistakes like anyone else.

And, as you say, nobody can be in the public eye 24/7 and not come out unscathed.

An interesting example is Justin Bieber.  While Gaga was setting a good example for her fans, he was doing the opposite for his young, impressionable fans.  But Gaga saw the good in him before most people did.  She always sees the best in people.  She said he had to grow up in front of the world, and he has a sweetness about him.   Not long after that, Bieber matured, and he stated he was wrong for some his past actions.   I respect him very much for that.  No matter how big a star you are, you make mistakes.

I think Gaga's biggest mistake is that she doesn't word things so carefully that her words can't be twisted or seem to mean something different than what she meant.  Maybe she is just willing to take the hits rather than parse every sentence carefully before she says or writes it.  It's just frustrating to see her go through that time and time again.  She not a mean person, but she can be portrayed as such just by twisting the meaning of what she says.

that's the saddest part of it all, that's how media works & makes most of their money. it's just really sad, to me, that most of the times the fans partake in it, without even knowing it

Archived