Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Thin line between Living Legend and Living Joke

Gohan

Featured Posts

Sometimes I feel like stans overprotect their faves by making them look like flawless beings, "they can do NO WRONG OMG NO", "they already did this don't need to prove anything", "she's thA BEST!!!!! Respect the queen!!"... But here's the thing: 

It doesn't really matter that much what you did in the past, if you do something stupid and you are not mentally unstable or under drugs to somehow excuse you, you still be doing clownery.

Madonna, Katy Perry, Christina, Britney, Beyoncé and even sometimes Gaga (see my biased opinion here :selena:), all of them did almost EVERYTHING you ever imagined, some even did the unimaginable :lolga: yet they still can and will continue to make stupid things and that's ok. You, dear stan, are not a lawyer. Your fave doesn't need defensiveness all the mo'foking damn time. 

They can be living legends, but you can't deny that sometimes they cross the line and become living jokes

ImpoliteImpoliteCockatoo-size_restricted

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

I mean I agree that they make mistakes and they're not perfect unhuman beings, but I don't think that's the same as becoming a living joke lmao that's like your career is gone and you're just a joke, britney circa 2007, which no one is currently at. 

Just now, LeJudas said:

Beyonce and Gaga aren't jokes tho

Neither is Britney

So your post means?

In your world maybe, all of them have been called out as "a joke" before, scammer, fad, robot, etc. 

Where do you live sweetie?

1 minute ago, Gaga Lazuli said:

Is this shade towards Madonna?

All music artist in general. Just pointed out her and other popular ones because they've been a hot topic on here this week.

2 minutes ago, neptugne said:

I mean I agree that they make mistakes and they're not perfect unhuman beings, but I don't think that's the same as becoming a living joke lmao that's like your career is gone and you're just a joke, britney circa 2007, which no one is currently at. 

Oh yes, totally. That I would call "has been", which thankfully they're not there yet, they seem to recover pretty well.

PlastiscGuy

Sadly, we live in a world where being shady or incredibly stupid has become the new thing, and that means it doesn't matter if you don't have that much talent, you'll be relevant and have a stupidly ammount of impact and transcendence on the people who admire and deffend their stupid behavior.
Because these artists have a power on fans, but fans have also the power on the rest of the world to share what they've learned. And the truth is, that it is on fans who use those stupid titles, such as "Queen of Pop"; "Living Legends" that create wars, and not only between fanbases, but between other artists too. 

And even if it's toxic and it needs to stop, we know it won't. Because the fame world feeds on scandal, drama, and us, every single one of us, is giving it what it wants.

Artists are human beings, and as human beings they make mistakes, ALL THE TIME. They're nowhere near to be perfect, because perfection is not real. Almost every single artist seek a way to express what they have to say, in a way people would listen (:ohwell:) and what comes with it, it just happens; It's the famous price of fame, and not everyone is ready for it.

PG.

Antichrist

well, you know, they're human too :toofunny:

if most of us would be under the publics eyes 24/7 i'm sure we'd all be canceled ages ago :classy:

Bel Esprit
2 hours ago, Gohan said:

In your world maybe, all of them have been called out as "a joke" before, scammer, fad, robot, etc. 

Where do you live sweetie?

So being called names on pop forums means someone is not a legend? :huh:

FfFfFfFF

I think you got a point. Continously excusing your favorite's artist behaviour using the "legacy" argument is ridiculous (and we all know how stan culture works :poot:) but some minor mistakes won't make the artist a joke. Repetated mistakes and bad attitude will.

9 minutes ago, Antichrist said:

well, you know, they're human too :toofunny:

if most of us would be under the publics eyes 24/7 i'm sure we'd all be canceled ages ago :classy:

So true.  Artists are people and sometimes make mistakes like anyone else.

And, as you say, nobody can be in the public eye 24/7 and not come out unscathed.

An interesting example is Justin Bieber.  While Gaga was setting a good example for her fans, he was doing the opposite for his young, impressionable fans.  But Gaga saw the good in him before most people did.  She always sees the best in people.  She said he had to grow up in front of the world, and he has a sweetness about him.   Not long after that, Bieber matured, and he stated he was wrong for some his past actions.   I respect him very much for that.  No matter how big a star you are, you make mistakes.

I think Gaga's biggest mistake is that she doesn't word things so carefully that her words can't be twisted or seem to mean something different than what she meant.  Maybe she is just willing to take the hits rather than parse every sentence carefully before she says or writes it.  It's just frustrating to see her go through that time and time again.  She not a mean person, but she can be portrayed as such just by twisting the meaning of what she says.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Archived