💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Theory: Shallow was written for LG6

bloody g

Featured Posts

bloody g

Not y'all believing what Gaga and Ronson say instead of my well though/crafted theory :selena:

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

1 hour ago, Bloody Grammys said:

Hello fellow liddos.

I bring you a theory I came up with while I took a shower last night.

For those who don't know my theories are known for being a reach and a mess so fasten your seatbelts :emma:

While both verses from Shallow are obviously written for the movie, the chorus just seems off. I can't get over it. I understand it is a metaphor, but I just don't see how this song talks about Ally and Jackson.

There are two common theories about the lyrics chorus:

1- The first theory says that it talks about Ally breaking through as an artist. I just don't see it. Why would Ally, someone who doesn't have faith in herself, write about herself like that? Also it says "we" so it's clearly not about just herself.

2- Written about both Jackson and Ally. This would only make sense if "shallow" was used as it's literal meaning and create some sort of "pun" with breaking through the surface. You know, because Jackson loves Ally no matter how she looks like, so he is far from shallow. Isn't it too complex? I know :emma:

Both seem off to me. However, I saw the little marmaid yesterday and remembered all the octopuses and mermaid emoji's in Gaga's IG stories. And thinking about Shallow's lyrics it all matches. Shallow is actually about herself, about Lady Gaga. She uses the metaphor as she sees herself embodying a mermaid.

When she says "I'll never meet the ground", it can be taken as it is, bc she lives in the water.

Moreover, if you change the lyrics to make it singular (since obv there's no Jackson in LG6), the chorus would go like this:

I'm off the deep end, watch as I dive in
I'll never meet the ground
Crash through the surface where they can't hurt me
I'm far from the shallow now

It sounds even better, since me now rhymes with in.

The lyrics are now about Gaga protecting herself under the surface (her persona) in order to not meet the ground (reality).

Also, Shallow has the "Sha-ha sha-low" which are extremely common in Gaga's biggest pop hits like: ra-ra-roma-ma, po-po-po-poker face, ale-ale-jandro, juda-juda-as (etc :rip:)

This mumbling never shows again in other ASIB song (besides Why Did You Do That?, but she repeats words, not syllabes), so it's clearly not Ally's style of writing songs.

What do you think?

I think I shouldn't spend my little free time in writing essays in Gaga's forum :air:

No. Go and ask Mark Ronson.

And no more drama baby...

Antichrist
1 hour ago, Frivolero said:

another spoiler :vegas:

Hide contents

I also believe that the lyrics in arutw 

so when I'm all choked up 
But I can't find the words 
Every time we say goodbye 
Baby, it hurts

this was foreshadowing how tight Bradley's belt was going to be in his garage

ya'll sh00k  :cryga: 

tenor.gif?itemid=11355868

Decodekid

one day you're young, and one day you find out that shallow is about the little mermaid 

200.gif 

Im Harol don't tell anyone

Archived