đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Baby It's Cold Outside Banned From Radio

Yuuri

Featured Posts

Mister Money

It's like people don't realize this song was written in 1944 in a very different America than 2018 America :ladyhaha:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are SJWs ruining tradition???

This is a classic, traditional festive song which has been around for decades 

But go off sis, but if a double standard you want to cancel this songs exposure because of women’s rights. What about Nicki Minajs’ songs about how big, fat and tasty her p*ssy is?? 

So you don’t want a traditionally festive song played but your more than happy to hear about p*ssys being played with? Weird flex but ok 

🙋🏼‍♂️

LeJudas

2018 version: Woman of POWER, it's cold outside but you are strong and independent and don't need no man

How about just let individual stations decide whether they want to play it or not. Banning seems ridiculous. 

ShockPop

Less about "omg they ban everything" and more about "omg how can they be so unintelligent?".

The song is written for a story. The story is that she wants to stay but is scared about what others will think so he is trying to encourage her to think for herself and *Be a feminist*. A cigarette longer, a half a drink longer. They both agree that it's too cold to go outside - and that's the story they'll tell any prying nosy people. It was cold so she stayed rather than they fancied a horizontal mambo.

This new wave of feminism is ridiculous and laughable. Made up by dumb people to invent reasons to be offended on behalf of others.

Serial Chiller

Ooh I forgot let’s ban The little mermaid too cuz “she won’t say a word until you kiss her” tramples on consent. :lolly:

FinnishGypsy
5 hours ago, RadioIsOurs said:

Well I didn't need the radio to teach me that murder or taking drugs are bad, my parents and school can do that. I don't see a murder scene in a movie and think it's not wrong. So why can't the same be done for attitude towards women? Why don't parents and schools teach that rape is wrong? The problem lies with your ****ed up society, not the media. 

Yeah, I absolutely agree with this and clearly didn’t express myself well. 

It’s not that exposure to sexually violent or suggestive media makes one violent; it’s that media is a reflection of what’s normal in society. So basically it’s like a feedback loop.

But, I do think it’s alarming when the actual concept of rape is not taken seriously at all (I mean, hello, the country elected/appointed two rapists into the highest possible positions of power in the nation for the last two consecutive years). It’s not always (or even usually) a random stranger attack, but perpetrated by a boyfriend or husband who is convinced the girlfriend or wife really does want sex despite her having verbalized otherwise, like the female lead does repeatedly within this particular song.

So personally, I find these particular lyrics to quite explicitly further push the false narrative that “no really means yes,” but since she doesn’t want to be seen as a “slut,” she’ll thusly need a lot of coaxing, encouragement, alcohol, begging, or even guilt to help “tip the scales” in a direction that’s beneficial for the man in the scenario.

That’s merely my interpretation and position on it, but I understand and respect why others don’t feel the same.

FinnishGypsy
4 hours ago, Glamourpuss said:

I see what you mean. I hadn't really thought of it like that. 

Thanks for respectfully hearing me out. I understand my position seems extreme to most and thus I can admittedly be defensive regarding this topic. And obviously I know nothing is black or white in life, this scenario included, and there are plenty of valid points made by both sides.

But anyway, I once again appreciate the open-mindedness, even though I probably came across quite dogmatic (unintentional, but it’s hard to convey tone via this medium of communication)!

Plus, I had just been exposed to a clip of a 45-year-old Trump unabashedly hitting on a 10-year-old girl, so I was already super pissed about the immense power rapists have in this purportedly civilized nation. 

StarlightSeiya
14 hours ago, Alan123 said:

The decade of getting offended about everything.

Tea

Bone Apple Tea bebe

FinnishGypsy
3 hours ago, JohnnyVersace said:

Ok this is actually a great point. And I totally understand that re-recording it embeds it further into culture. And I'm sure it could be triggering for a lot of people to hear. 

But on the other hand, I really don't think a Christmas Carol is going to implore young men to date rape someone at a holiday party. Like, this isn't the issue. This is a dated song that imo people enjoy for the melody. 

If we want to do something about fighting racism, homophobia and misogyny, let's go after some of the top male rappers/musicians in the game right now who have used "***" in their songs, or talked about ****ing/drugging/raping/cheating/slapping women. Let's bring down the VS Fashion Show, and force them to change their policies and be inclusive to ALL women. Let's stop supporting Dolce & Gabbana. Let's start to reflect our world the way it is, not in a white-washed, male-dominated way. 

You see what I mean? Like if we really are going to get our rocks off on this old-ass song being banned, and act like it's doing anything for society, we're kidding ourselves. It's dated, and honestly the lyrics are very much up for debate (as seen in this thread). Let's set an example using MODERN media, and make real change people care about. Not ****ing banning a damn Christmas Song from 1944. :usrs:

I don't disagree at all with anything you stated. My (admittedly poorly expressed) view was simply that by at least starting to seriously reevaluate ”timeless” entertainment containing an underlying message that's wholly tone-deaf and/or otherwise incompatible with the current sociopolitical climate, then at least it’s a tiny step in the right direction. Because in my opinion, getting current artists to suddenly cease production of easy #1 ”rapey” songs like ”Blurred Lines” will likely be far more difficult than starting by analyzing, assessing and/or modifying the content in dated material first. 

FinnishGypsy
3 hours ago, 01Jaime said:

Babe I’m not even reading this. I obviously have a different opinion and you’re not gonna change it.

Fair enough. Happy holidays! :hug:

FinnishGypsy
1 hour ago, AndrewMac95 said:

Why are SJWs ruining tradition???

You do realize this is exactly what conservatives state about same-sex marriage, right?

No one is ruining anyone’s “tradition” (or “traditional marriage”) by simply evolving with the times and electing to remove questionable content that much younger individuals won’t have the benefit of historical knowledge with which to evaluate it against. People are free to maintain their heteronormative Christmas plans with this song blasting all goddamn December, while others can have a gay, silent Kwanzaa and someone else can celebrate by opting out of the holidays altogether and just listening to Gaga’s discography on repeat. 

We all have streaming services and can listen to whatever we want; that doesn’t impact anyone else’s personal life and certainly doesn’t ruin anyone’s traditions (unless your specific Christmas tradition consists solely of listening to this one song on repeat via various radio stations, in which case, you really probably could’ve benefited from a more exciting tradition regardless). 

ShockPop
45 minutes ago, FinnishGypsy said:

Yeah, I absolutely agree with this and clearly didn’t express myself well. 

It’s not that exposure to sexually violent or suggestive media makes one violent; it’s that media is a reflection of what’s normal in society. So basically it’s like a feedback loop.

But, I do think it’s alarming when the actual concept of rape is not taken seriously at all (I mean, hello, the country elected/appointed two rapists into the highest possible positions of power in the nation for the last two consecutive years). It’s not always (or even usually) a random stranger attack, but perpetrated by a boyfriend or husband who is convinced the girlfriend or wife really does want sex despite her having verbalized otherwise, like the female lead does repeatedly within this particular song.

So personally, I find these particular lyrics to quite explicitly further push the false narrative that “no really means yes,” but since she doesn’t want to be seen as a “slut,” she’ll thusly need a lot of coaxing, encouragement, alcohol, begging, or even guilt to help “tip the scales” in a direction that’s beneficial for the man in the scenario.

That’s merely my interpretation and position on it, but I understand and respect why others don’t feel the same.

I understand why you feel this way but you are definitely, without question 100% wrong. Read my post. Have you seen the film?

Archived