• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, River said:

Soon they'll ban Hit Me Baby One More Time :awkney:

BuT ShE WaS AsKiNg FoR It, OfFiCer

spongebob.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

LateToCult

Good riddance. Ban all the annoying Christmas music that poisons our radio waves every year. :firega:

Spoiler

Except for All I Want for Christmas of course  :huntyga:

I hope that dreaming of a white Christmas one is next.

6 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

I really can't stay (but baby, it's cold outside)
I said no you pervert (but baby it's cold outside)
I'm calling the cops (let me get my lawyers on the phone)

giphy.gif

I love this C3C track 

raragaga

tenor.gif?itemid=4767067

boo hoo people getting offended by Christmas song from the 40s

xoxo

Shipper

About time!! 

They should also ban Rudolph the Red nose reindeer (the cartoon)  and "I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" (  indecent exposure to a minor) and the phrase,  " Ho Ho Ho" for insinuating women are hookers and Im dreaming of a White Christmas (for being racist). 

:nails:

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

Some of you getting offended because people get offended for a song that perpetuates rape culture instead of getting offended for the true problem is so cringey... :saladga:

Kindness rules all.

JusKeepBreathin
4 minutes ago, raragaga said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4767067

boo hoo people getting offended by Christmas song from the 40s

The song descibes a date rape. It doesn't matter that it's from the 40's. People are allowed to be offended by date rape. Lots of bad things happened in the 40's, so I don't understand why people starting to realize the song is offensive bothers you. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

11 minutes ago, Shipper said:

About time!! 

They should also ban Rudolph the Red nose reindeer (the cartoon)  and "I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" (  indecent exposure to a minor) and the phrase,  " Ho Ho Ho" for insinuating women are hookers and Im dreaming of a White Christmas (for being racist). 

:nails:

and you should be banned next:vegas:

giles-corey-pressed.jpg

If you think about it, the lyrics to the song Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead are celebrating the murder of a woman because of her religion. Isn't the song kind of hate-crimey? Isn't the lyric about a house being dropped on a witch a reference to the very real American history of witches, like Giles Corey, being crushed to death under heavy stones? Who will defend the Wiccans?

:)

raragaga
10 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

The song descibes a date rape. It doesn't matter that it's from the 40's. People are allowed to be offended by date rape. Lots of bad things happened in the 40's, so I don't understand why people starting to realize the song is offensive bothers you. 

30 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Ok the song is old and it does contain a certain situation in the lyrics that are kinda not good for today, but they should just play the Gaga / Joseph Gordon-Levitt version. ☺️

first of all..  ^^^^^^^^^^^^   :oprah: 

second of all, listen.. i don't think that playing songs that are hateful is the right thing to do, but we need to put sht into perspective here. the gp praises contemporary artists who are making music that's sexist, racist and homophobic, constantly perpetuating hate... when's that ban gonna happen? there is art in basically every museum that is sexist, racist, etc.. hit me up when all that sht gets banned. it's all ridiculous and fcked up.. that we can agree on. but forgive me if i don't buy being offended by this christmas song. but you do you, girl! :heart:

xoxo

JusKeepBreathin
3 minutes ago, SKANK said:

giles-corey-pressed.jpg

If you think about it, the lyrics to the song Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead are celebrating the murder of a woman because of her religion. Isn't the song kind of hate-crimey? Isn't the lyric about a house being dropped on a witch a reference to the very real American history of witches, like Giles Corey, being crushed to death under heavy stones? Who will defend the Wiccans?

:)

False equivalency.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

TEANUS

Wow......first Rudolph, now this....they’re really gonna suck the fun out of the holidays now aren’t they

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Archived