Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Baby It's Cold Outside Banned From Radio

Yuuri

Featured Posts

CBC said Tuesday it will join at least two other broadcasters in the country, Rogers Media and Bell Media, who have pulled the controversial holiday favourite out of their rotations this year.

That comes as the duet, written back in 1944, faces renewed scrutiny over what some say are inappropriate lyrics in the wake of the #MeToo movement.

Earlier this week, Cleveland radio station WDOK-FM announced it stopped playing the song in response to listener feedback. Some people took issue with lyrics where one singer is trying to persuade the other to stay inside, with exchanges that include, "What's in this drink?" and "Baby, don't hold out."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/canadian-radio-stations-baby-it-s-cold-outside-1.4931867

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FlopSlurper

Such silly things make the me too movement look bad, people are already dragging womem under the comments of that website :toofunny:

Soon they'll ban Hit Me Baby One More Time :awkney:

It's just a song that has been played for more than 70 years, it's a legend, I don't see any reason to "wake up" now and ban it.. people just see it as another xmas song anyway..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

derpmonster

It is a really date - rapey song though... People don't pay much attention to the lyrics but it is. I never thought of it either until I looked closely.

When Gaga covered it, they reversed the gender roles, which was a nice change. 

Banning it might be too much and unnecessary though. 

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

JusKeepBreathin

Ok the song is old and it does contain a certain situation in the lyrics that are kinda not good for today, but they should just play the Gaga / Joseph Gordon-Levitt version. ☺️

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

PunkTheFunk
Just now, Vergil said:

Why not just change the lyrics? 

I really can't stay (but baby, it's cold outside)
I said no you pervert (but baby it's cold outside)
I'm calling the cops (let me get my lawyers on the phone)

giphy.gif

Just now, Vergil said:

Why not just change the lyrics? 

Only as of lately, the lyrics were deemed "rapey." I believe back then women used the line to make an excuse for something they knew that they shouldn't be doing.

JusKeepBreathin
2 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

It is a really date - rapey song though... People don't pay much attention to the lyrics but it is. I never thought of it either until I looked closely.

When Gaga covered it, they reversed the gender roles, which was a nice change. 

Banning it might be too much and unnecessary though. 

Yeah, I agree. The song is "rapey." I didn't want to use that word on my comment but honestly it was the first word I thought of.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

3 minutes ago, Alan123 said:

The decade of getting offended about everything.

the lyrics literally imply rape wyd 

edit: idk what wyd stands for just seen everyone using it in arguments so me too:messga:

Archived