Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Predict your Oscars Nominations and Wins

Kimmo

Featured Posts

Make your predictions for ASIB at The Oscars, just mentioned the categories you think it will be nominated and if it will take the trophy for it or if not who and the movie they played in? 

Best Cinematography:

Roma- Winner

ASIB- Nominated 

Best Director:

Bradley Cooper (ASIB)- Winner

Best Supporting Actor:

Mahershala Ali (Green Book)- Winner

Sam Elliot: Nominated 

Best Actor:

Christian Bale (Vice) -Winner 

Bradley Cooper- Nominated

Best Actress:

Glenn Close (The Wife)- Winner 

Lady Gaga: Nominated 

Best Picture:

ASIB- Winner

I had said before that Roma would take BP but seems like ASIB has taken the top spot once again :vegas: 

Also Christian Bale was so freaking good on Vice, he might take that one for sure. Glenn Close will definitely take that Best Actress trophy, she was so amazing  :vegas:

Hottie Detector

Just now, Kimmo said:

Make your predictions for ASIB at The Oscars, just mentioned the categories you think it will be nominated and if it will take the trophy for it or if not who and the movie they played in? 

Best Cinematography:

Roma- Winner

ASIB- Nominated 

Best Director:

Bradley Cooper (ASIB)- Winner

Best Supporting Actor:

Mahershala Ali (Green Book)- Winner

Sam Elliot: Nominated 

Best Actor:

Christian Bale (Vice) -Winner 

Bradley Cooper- Nominated

Best Actress:

Lady Gaga - Winner 

Glenn Close (The Wife): Nominated 

Best Picture:

ASIB- Winner

Fixed. F*ck that Gaga deserves this! 

Doncho

I think the awards it will win are:

- Best Actor

- Best Original Song

- Best sound mixing

Director is also a possibility... but I dont think Gaga is winning Actress. And Im fine with that as long as Shallow wins Song

Bradley

Best Actor:

Bradley Cooper - A Star Is Born (lock)
Christian Bale - Vice (lock)
Viggo Mortensen - Green Book (lock)

Rami Malek - Bohemian Rhapsody
Ethan Hawke - First Reformed OR John David Washington - BlackKklansman

I honestly can't tell who would win, because Christian, Bradley and Viggo are veterans in the movie industry and are all Oscar favourites, and they have all given acclaimed performances. I don't think Rami would win because Bohemian Rhapsody received only mixed reviews from critics. Ethan's movie was released before award season but he's been winning some awards lately so he might sneak in. John David Washington is also praised but he's not as impressive as all the actors mentioned above.

Best Actress:

Lady Gaga - A Star Is Born (lock)
Olivia Colman - The Favourite (lock)

Glenn Close - The Wife (very likely)
Yalitza Aparicio - Roma OR Nicole Kidman - Destroyer OR Toni Collette - Hereditary OR Melissa McCarthy - Can You Ever Forgive Me? OR Emily Blunt - Mary Poppins Returns

Best Actress is fcking intense because there are so many real possibilities. The race would have been easier if Toni Collette didn't win the awards she won lately because her movie is not really an Oscar movie. But the fact that she won some brings her into the Oscar race. A lot of people think Glenn is likely to win but if you have followed the award race lately, you know that she pales in comparison to Olivia and Gaga. She lost many awards (sometimes not even nominated) to Gaga, Toni and Olivia. She started out strong (still is) but her hype has died down to an extent.

It is not the first time a veteran actress loses the award to someone younger, Meryl has been nominated 21 times but many young actresses have won over her, so I don't see why it can't happen to Glenn Close just because she's a veteran, besides she's not retiring or anything. Yalitza is a first-time actress, and these underdogs sometimes gain the interest of the Oscars so consider her a possibility. Emily is also possible but Disney movies rarely get Oscar nominations for acting, so I think that's still far-fetch. Between Nicole and Melissa, I think Melissa would stand a better chance because her transformation from being a comedian to a dramatic actress has impressed critics. Viola Davis is NOT a contender, I think because the room is too crowded.

The reason why I think the battle is between Gaga and Olivia is because I think these actresses will win the Golden Globe for Drama and Comedy, respectively. If however, Gaga loses the Drama trophy to Glenn or someone else, then her Oscar winning chances will significantly reduce. However, a nomination should still be in the bag.

Bradley

Golden Globes-

Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Drama

Lady Gaga - A Star Is Born (win)
Glenn Close - The Wife (also likely to win but Gaga is more possible cause it's the Globes)

Toni Collette - Hereditary
Melissa McCarthy - Can You Ever Forgive Me?
Nicole Kidman - Destroyer OR Yalitza Aparicio - Roma

Best Actress in a Comedy/Musical

Emily Blunt - Mary Poppins Returns
Olivia Colman - The Favourite (win)
Elsie Fisher - Eighth Grade
Constance Wu - Crazy Rich Asians
Charlize Theron - Tully

Bradley
6 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

I want Gaga or Glenn Close to win. But for Original Song, Shallow has to win.

I actually think Olivia Colman is a bigger threat than Glenn Close. It depends on who wins the Golden Globe though.

Bel Esprit

Best Actor - Bradley Cooper

Best Actress - Lady Gaga

Best Director - Alfonso Cuaron

Best Picture - A Star is Born 

LateToCult

Best Actress - Glenn Close (winner), but with steep competition from Olivia Colman and maybe from Nichole Kidman for “Destroyer.”

Best Song - Shallow (winner), but with steep competition from Love Lies, All The Stars, and maybe a Mary Poppins song.

Mister Money
14 hours ago, Kitsch said:

Best Actor:

Bradley Cooper - A Star Is Born (lock)
Christian Bale - Vice (lock)
Viggo Mortensen - Green Book (lock)

Rami Malek - Bohemian Rhapsody
Ethan Hawke - First Reformed OR John David Washington - BlackKklansman

I honestly can't tell who would win, because Christian, Bradley and Viggo are veterans in the movie industry and are all Oscar favourites, and they have all given acclaimed performances. I don't think Rami would win because Bohemian Rhapsody received only mixed reviews from critics. Ethan's movie was released before award season but he's been winning some awards lately so he might sneak in. John David Washington is also praised but he's not as impressive as all the actors mentioned above.

Best Actress:

Lady Gaga - A Star Is Born (lock)
Olivia Colman - The Favourite (lock)

Glenn Close - The Wife (very likely)
Yalitza Aparicio - Roma OR Nicole Kidman - Destroyer OR Toni Collette - Hereditary OR Melissa McCarthy - Can You Ever Forgive Me? OR Emily Blunt - Mary Poppins Returns

Best Actress is fcking intense because there are so many real possibilities. The race would have been easier if Toni Collette didn't win the awards she won lately because her movie is not really an Oscar movie. But the fact that she won some brings her into the Oscar race. A lot of people think Glenn is likely to win but if you have followed the award race lately, you know that she pales in comparison to Olivia and Gaga. She lost many awards (sometimes not even nominated) to Gaga, Toni and Olivia. She started out strong (still is) but her hype has died down to an extent.

It is not the first time a veteran actress loses the award to someone younger, Meryl has been nominated 21 times but many young actresses have won over her, so I don't see why it can't happen to Glenn Close just because she's a veteran, besides she's not retiring or anything. Yalitza is a first-time actress, and these underdogs sometimes gain the interest of the Oscars so consider her a possibility. Emily is also possible but Disney movies rarely get Oscar nominations for acting, so I think that's still far-fetch. Between Nicole and Melissa, I think Melissa would stand a better chance because her transformation from being a comedian to a dramatic actress has impressed critics. Viola Davis is NOT a contender, I think because the room is too crowded.

The reason why I think the battle is between Gaga and Olivia is because I think these actresses will win the Golden Globe for Drama and Comedy, respectively. If however, Gaga loses the Drama trophy to Glenn or someone else, then her Oscar winning chances will significantly reduce. However, a nomination should still be in the bag.

mess i only heard of like 2 of these movies

Bradley
7 hours ago, Mister Money said:

mess i only heard of like 2 of these movies

This is the second time you told me this.

It is not the filmmakers' fault you refuse to watch great movies and great acting performances. You simply need to expand your horizon, or not if that's your choice.

I'm sorry I cannot take your opinion seriously when the last time we talked, you said 'Oscar-contending movies are boring' and that 'you haven't heard of a lot of these'. I'm sorry to be blunt but you need to step up your game and appreciate movies with real meaning and highly dedicated performances, or simply not but don't act surprised when people make some harsh judgment on your movie tastes, or lack thereof.

These movies are so widely known, they have been in the conversation for months and the fact that you keep saying 'you have not heard of them' is just evidence of, let's just say you're not a dedicated movie audience.

Archived