💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Fame Hungry Gaga Back?

Bel Esprit

Featured Posts

Bel Esprit

I've been feeling so sad lately. If I'm being honest I tied a lot of my self esteem to Gaga and her success when I was younger and when ARTPOP happened I honestly went through a lot emotionally. Gaga went from being at the forefront of pop culture, to fighting for a place within it. Everything was about Katy and Miley, and since then Taylor, Adele, Beyoncé and Ariana have all had huge success, and to be quite frank I miss when Gaga's success was undeniable and God-like.

I hope Gaga can win an Oscar and have a smash era somehow next year. I need Gaga to gain some new hits, and I mean #1 songs, I mean multiweek top 10s, I mean huge singles. I need it, I've had enough of others hogging the spotlight, now that Gaga has built herself up slowly but surely Post-ARTPOP into a formidable actress with a solid WW hit, I need her to reach deep inside of herself and get that energy she had while writing the fame and ****ing make it happen. I think Gaga must be hungry for it at this point, Joanne was clearly a passion project and not made to gain huge commercial success, but I hope she realizes that her musical legacy as of now is very frontloaded, and another smash era will even it out and silence her haters at least for an era. 

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bel Esprit
2 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

you must have never heard of music not the bling. :bye: 

1 minute ago, Anveeroy said:

N O 

tenor.gif?itemid=12423203

You guys must've not heard people calling her a fad on atrl. :madge:

DitaDolla
Just now, Bel Esprit said:

You guys must've not heard people calling her a fad on atrl. :madge:

Who cares about ATRL:madge:

We and the GP know gaga's talent and success

Bel Esprit
5 minutes ago, DitaDolla said:

Who cares about ATRL:madge:

We and the GP know gaga's talent and success

I care about Gaga's reputation and legacy. I need her to have THAT era to balance out her music career. 

Regina George

You are intentionally making this threads to provoke members. I’ve been following your threads and they are literally troll threads that have no serious topic or intentions. 

24 minutes ago, Bel Esprit said:

I've been feeling so sad lately. If I'm being honest I tied a lot of my self esteem to Gaga and her success when I was younger and when ARTPOP happened I honestly went through a lot emotionally.

This... does not sound healthy. Don't tie your wellbeing to something out of your control.

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

Bel Esprit
3 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

You are intentionally making this threads to provoke members. I’ve been following your threads and they are literally troll threads that have no serious topic or intentions. 

This is an honest thread. No provoking here. 

Bel Esprit
1 minute ago, gag said:

This... does not sound healthy. Don't tie your wellbeing to something out of your control.

I try not to. But pop culture is my life, so I feel an absence when I feel it. 

Didymus

Well... her digging deep into her heart and soul might not result in commercial success, you know :shrug: Like, what if she releases an amazing but not radio friendly alternative album? Would you be happy with acclaim but not public success? :oprah:

LeJudas

She isn't frontloaded at all

She's done numerous events and has had various moments along the way. Do you not consider her humanitarian efforts a success? What about the current successful era we've been in since 2015? They've all been hugely successful and definitely even out her career. 

She's very well balanced professionally and commercially speaking. This just sounds like a discreet way of complaining that you want PopGa the bussy destroying Electro Disco Bicht and not the current TABSGa that the majority of people and fans and stans are enjoying.

Bel Esprit
7 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Well... her digging deep into her heart and soul might not result in commercial success, you know :shrug: Like, what if she releases an amazing but not radio friendly alternative album? Would you be happy with acclaim but not public success? :oprah:

Liz_Callaway_Baby.gif

Yes, I'd be happy she'd finally be able to shut up the Beyoncé stans with her critical acclaim, but she tries to do that with every album and sometimes it's well recieved by critics and other times it's not. I think aiming to shake things up and gain huge success is the more appealing option. 

derpmonster

Only GGD would go from melting down over the Stefani thing to calling her Fame hungry in 2 days over 1 Instagram story :vegas:

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Bradley

I can't help but think of Katy Perry while reading your OP, who is someone I respect and adore very much. Actually Ariana Grande too but I'm gonna talk about Katy.

All of Katy's albums have been tailored to gain commercial success sonically, and she paid a price for that. Witness received mixed reviews and was never nominated for any Grammys while Joanne and Rainbow were. Both Gaga and Kesha weren't afraid to experiment with their music and image and both deviated from their dance roots that catapulted them into stardom. I love Katy, but it's very obvious that she was trying to emulate the success of Prism and Teenage Dream, which resulted in her receiving mediocre critical reviews and commercial success.

Even if we're not talking about one single album, artists who constantly make radio-friendly music will never be regarded as legends or groundbreaking musicians that revolutionised the music industry. Gaga was credited that, Madonna was credited that, Michael Jackson was credited that, Beyonce too. I'd even go far as to include Bruno Mars and Justin Timberlake. Ariana Grande is a great singer, but her public image and music are never impressive, they are designed to be played on the radio, and not to articulate the vision of the artist, in fact Ariana doesn't write a lot of songs of hers. She co-writes just some of them, but I imagine she doesn't have much artistic control over her music. Even her fashion choices are never as daring as Rihanna, Beyonce, Gaga or even Katy Perry. Out of 100 looks of hers, 99 of them involve ponytails.

Being a musician or pop star isn't just about making music that is commercially successful or radio-friendly, an artist's job is to create art and Gaga is passionate in a lot of fields so why limit her to only making music that sells?

I have actually talked to a lot of people who don't follow pop music, but they seem to have the impression that Gaga is very revered and incomparable to other artists, even if they are not stans.

Archived