Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Fame Hungry Gaga Back?

Bel Esprit

Featured Posts

20 hours ago, Bel Esprit said:

I've been feeling so sad lately. If I'm being honest I tied a lot of my self esteem to Gaga and her success when I was younger and when ARTPOP happened I honestly went through a lot emotionally. Gaga went from being at the forefront of pop culture, to fighting for a place within it. Everything was about Katy and Miley, and since then Taylor, Adele, Beyoncé and Ariana have all had huge success, and to be quite frank I miss when Gaga's success was undeniable and God-like.

I hope Gaga can win an Oscar and have a smash era somehow next year. I need Gaga to gain some new hits, and I mean #1 songs, I mean multiweek top 10s, I mean huge singles. I need it, I've had enough of others hogging the spotlight, now that Gaga has built herself up slowly but surely Post-ARTPOP into a formidable actress with a solid WW hit, I need her to reach deep inside of herself and get that energy she had while writing the fame and ****ing make it happen. I think Gaga must be hungry for it at this point, Joanne was clearly a passion project and not made to gain huge commercial success, but I hope she realizes that her musical legacy as of now is very frontloaded, and another smash era will even it out and silence her haters at least for an era. 

The world has changed. Pop has changed. Gaga has changed. She doesn't need an Oscar or a no. 1 pop song to make her a legend (although I feel ASIB will definitely win at least one Oscar..)

I still don't understand how ARTPOP was a failure and why it was hard for so many Monsters? Yeah, it was a "mess" - but that's life, that's what happens in the life of an artist. Not everything is hugely successful or well-accepted. The album itself and the era was still huge and Gaga did her very best, against the odds.

Why do we care about what Miley or Beyonce or Katy is doing? Why do we care about the haters? Let's just be Monsters and enjoy Gaga and enjoy whatever else it is that we pour our passion into.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Jakkusan said:

The world has changed. Pop has changed. Gaga has changed. She doesn't need an Oscar or a no. 1 pop song to make her a legend (although I feel ASIB will definitely win at least one Oscar..)

I still don't understand how ARTPOP was a failure and why it was hard for so many Monsters? Yeah, it was a "mess" - but that's life, that's what happens in the life of an artist. Not everything is hugely successful or well-accepted. The album itself and the era was still huge and Gaga did her very best, against the odds.

Why do we care about what Miley or Beyonce or Katy is doing? Why do we care about the haters? Let's just be Monsters and enjoy Gaga and enjoy whatever else it is that we pour our passion into.

AMEN 🙏 

I do agree that a lot of Gaga's musical commercial success is concentrated within her first like 3-4 years however I feel like ASIB's success helps balance things out a bit more for the 2nd half of her 1st decade in music (thankfully). I do not think she is as success driven anymore when it comes to her actual music though but I do wish her more success. However if it does not happen I do not mind. She's done a lot already...maybe more than enough. 

Archived