šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Madonna

Lighter

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, Didymus said:

Oh my god, come on. Why is everyone connecting this to the Oscar campaign lmao why are you so easily threatened? This has nothing to do with that :saladga:

I... :rip:

Threatened? How did you get that from what I said? I was explaining why people are so angry about this; over the last year we've had a brief respite from the half-decade of abuse and mockery that Gaga was subjected to for seemingly no reason after ARTPOP. The public actually loves her again. The last thing anyone wants to do is deal with the umpteenth relitigationĀ of this boring, stale fake feud that none of us cared about anyway. No oneĀ feelsĀ threatened by Madonna. :huntyga:

Madonna's just having a laugh, as she always does on Instagram. Literally every single Insta controversy of Madonna was a misinterpretation, and it always goes away after like two days of media buzz because no one cares but the fans.

How could anyone possibly misinterpret what she meant here? She reposted a video of her saying something vaguely similar to something that Gaga's been saying with a caption that flat out stated that she's the one who said it first. In what universe could she have possibly meant anything else? :laughga:

If media are picking up on it it's because they're bored and it's an easy catch, just like it was an easy catch to discuss Gaga bashing Madonna about how she can't play any instruments (I know you think that's not what she said, but don't pretend that story also wasn't picked up by every news outlet out there). Just ignore it and people will forget about it, what you guys are not realizing is that you're giving it a ton of extra buzz by being so worked up about it :air: You should know by now that the main reason news sites pick this up is because they know it'll cause massive traffic because of Madonna fans Ć nd LMs.

It doesn't matter if the media is bored; Madonna KNOWS how the media works. She's been dealing with then for five decades. She knew this would happen.Ā 

Let's recap what happened the decade prior to Gaga making that statement (something she shouldn't have said, for a million different reasons): Gaga repeatedly cited Madonna as an inspiration, paid respect to her legacy, noted when she referenced her in her work, praised her work on a regular basis. Madonna made snarky comments, accused her of theft (which is hilarious given the fact that Madonna has been successfully sued for copyright infringement several times for out and out stealing music from other artists without permission or citation), and went on an international tour where she mocked her every single night while performing a musical number deliberately designed to belittle her. When they finally took a photo together,Ā Madonna couldn't resist captioning it with some condescending bit about Gaga "kissing her ring." Madonna hasĀ been nasty from the start while Gaga has tried to turn the other cheek over and over and over again, only for Madonna to keep initiating more exhausting, tired drama that no one has cared about in five years. Gaga was sick of the comparison and she made some snarky comment like Madonna has done over and over again since this fake feud began. It was wrong, but I don't blame her for being sick of it all. Ā 

That last bit... We're on a Lady Gaga forum. FansĀ don't control the media narrative. Madonna is a celebrity. She knew what was going to happen. She chose to repost that video because she knew what would happen. If she wanted to avoid all of this, she wouldn't have posted it. That's it. That's not on us. :saladga:Ā 

Anyone making fun of Madonna being old is wrong. Anyone calling her hateful, condescending, and insecure is only going off of what all of Madonna's peers said about her and what Madonna has repeatedly shown us herself over the last decade. I can't blame them. :interestinga:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus
2 minutes ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

The public actually loves her again. The last thing anyone wants to do is deal with the umpteenth relitigationĀ of this boring, stale fake feud that none of us cared about anyway. No oneĀ feelsĀ threatened by Madonna. :huntyga:

But you don't have to deal with it at all. What I'm seeing is LMs blowing this out of proportion and then complaining that people are talking about it. It's kind of like you create your own misery tbh :shrug:

You're right, the public loves Gaga again, so why not focus on all of that good stuff? This is nothing.

5 minutes ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

How could anyone possibly misinterpret what she meant here? She reposted a video of her saying something vaguely similar to something that Gaga's been saying with a caption that flat out stated that she's the one who said it first. In what universe could she have possibly meant anything else? :laughga:

She didn't mean anything else, she just doesn't take it seriously :awkney: She always posts this stupid "I'm the queen" stuff for fun, this is exactly like the whole Carters mess. She's not stupid enough to watch that video and think they both said the same thing and she was "first", because (a) they don't, they're saying the exact opposite, (b) it's an expression she obviously didn't invent so there's nothing to brag about, especially when she said it in the ****ing 80s :chica: Like, it's almost mind-bending how so many LMs just assume she's being serious when the possibility of that is like 0.03%...

Again, if you only made that effort of trying to find an insult when Gaga throws other artists (incl. Madonna) under the bus, then at least it'd be fair, but no, Gaga's always the angel, even though she threw her competition under the bus more than a few times (Katy, Nicki, Miley as the highlights) in ways that were a lot more vicious than this little fake drama :gum:

8 minutes ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

It doesn't matter if the media is bored; Madonna KNOWS how the media works. She's been dealing with then for five decades. She knew this would happen.

So what? That means Gaga also knew what would happen when she said she's not like Madonna because she's musically gifted. It's not their job to care. Maybe they get a kick out of their statements being misinterpreted, who knows.

9 minutes ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

Madonna made snarky comments, accused her of theft (which is hilarious given the fact that Madonna has been successfully sued for copyright infringement several times for out and out stealing music from other artists without permission or citation), and went on an international tour where she mocked her every single night while performing a musical number deliberately designed to belittle her.

Way simplified lol. She actually said Gaga didn't rip off her act, just one song, and practically the whole world was already 100% convinced of that, Madonna was like a full year too late by confirming it herself. Be that as it may, Madonna still clearly stated Gaga did not steal from her and actually called her talented many times on various different occasions.

The tour thing was just a playful way to make use of the controversy and she actually told a booing crowd she loved Gaga and that they'd be working on a project together (later we found out Madonna invited her to perform with her on tour, an offer Gaga rejected), so what was the malice there? :chica: Madonna then again went on record to say she had nothing against Gaga but that her only problem was the BTW song. So there's that.

Now how about you also mention that Gaga completely threw her under the bus after the whole feud had died down by claiming that she does not support upcoming artists (a vicious lie) and by insinuating that Madonna is less musically talented than her and does not have much say in writing her own songs? :reductive: And don't give me the whole "she didn't mean that" invention, she specifically referred to Madonna being a control freak about her performances, so she was most definitely comparing. Gaga's no innocent baby here.

13 minutes ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

Anyone making fun of Madonna being old is wrong. Anyone calling her hateful, condescending, and insecure is only going off of what all of Madonna's peers said about her and what Madonna has repeatedly shown us herself over the last decade. I can't blame them. :interestinga:

Oh, how very nice of you to pretend there aren't enough amazing compliments made about her, still. Check out any Ariana video :air: It's actually only a minority that talks badly about her now (she admitted she was a bitch in the 80s herself so don't), Gaga herself said she was one of the kindest people she'd met in the industry back in 2010 :rip:Ā 

Guillaume Hamon
2 hours ago, Musicisfreedom said:

You're missing the point tho. That still is putting Madonna down as an artist.Ā :huntyga:

I honestly think it's funny that everyone is completely defending what Gaga said about M yet everyone seems toĀ knowĀ what Madonna meant in reposting that video. How do you know she even knows about Gaga saying that over and over? It's so annoying that Little Monsters jump on her every chance they get.Ā :saladga:Ā and also, why should they have to let the feud go when their fans refuse to? Just a thought:ohwell:

Well, you presented it as if gaga implied stuffs that she didn't imply so it wasn't irrelevant to say what she precisely said since you made it look like if gaga was going as far as lying aboutĀ madonna in this itw. :)Ā 

Ā 

Putting her down as an artist? Gaga called a spade a spade to make it clear they're not "two versions of the same act" since the itw was about that at this precise moment.Ā 
If someone say "gaga ain't madonna sinceĀ she can't dance like her" to make a point that madonna is not like "good for replacement" that would be true as well and just a fact.
Not mean for gaga to be told she's not a madonna-level dancer.

Ā 

Gaga say that line over and over since weeks and evenĀ some big medias are laughing about it since a while...Ā 
In the middle of this buzz madonna suddenly play a video of her "saying it first" after gaga was always being dismissed as the girl doing stuffs madonna did first...
And you think it's a complete coincidence? It's more you reaching to say madonna ain't shady here than us reaching to say she's indeed shady here I think haha.

Ā 

I never said "they have to let it go" discussing madonna or gaga lol.

2 minutes ago, Didymus said:

But you don't have to deal with it at all. What I'm seeing is LMs blowing this out of proportion and then complaining that people are talking about it. It's kind of like you create your own misery tbh :shrug:

You're right, the public loves Gaga again, so why not focus on all of that good stuff? This is nothing.

She didn't mean anything else, she just doesn't take it seriously :awkney: She always posts this stupid "I'm the queen" stuff for fun, this is exactly like the whole Carters mess. She's not stupid enough to watch that video and think they both said the same thing and she was "first", because (a) they don't, they're saying the exact opposite, (b) it's an expression she obviously didn't invent so there's nothing to brag about, especially when she said it in the ****ing 80s :chica: Like, it's almost mind-bending how so many LMs just assume she's being serious when the possibility of that is like 0.03%...

Again, if you only made that effort of trying to find an insult when Gaga throws other artists (incl. Madonna) under the bus, then at least it'd be fair, but no, Gaga's always the angel, even though she threw her competition under the bus more than a few times (Katy, Nicki, Miley as the highlights) in ways that were a lot more vicious than this little fake drama :gum:

So what? That means Gaga also knew what would happen when she said she's not like Madonna because she's musically gifted. It's not their job to care. Maybe they get a kick out of their statements being misinterpreted, who knows.

Way simplified lol. She actually said Gaga didn't rip off her act, just one song, and practically the whole world was already 100% convinced of that, Madonna was like a full year too late by confirming it herself. Be that as it may, Madonna still clearly stated Gaga did not steal from her and actually called her talented many times on various different occasions.

The tour thing was just a playful way to make use of the controversy and she actually told a booing crowd she loved Gaga and that they'd be working on a project together (later we found out Madonna invited her to perform with her on tour, an offer Gaga rejected), so what was the malice there? :chica: Madonna then again went on record to say she had nothing against Gaga but that her only problem was the BTW song. So there's that.

Now how about you also mention that Gaga completely threw her under the bus after the whole feud had died down by claiming that she does not support upcoming artists (a vicious lie) and by insinuating that Madonna is less musically talented than her and does not have much say in writing her own songs? :reductive: And don't give me the whole "she didn't mean that" invention, she specifically referred to Madonna being a control freak about her performances, so she was most definitely comparing. Gaga's no innocent baby here.

Oh, how very nice of you to pretend there aren't enough amazing compliments made about her, still. Check out any Ariana video :air: It's actually only a minority that talks badly about her now (she admitted she was a bitch in the 80s herself so don't), Gaga herself said she was one of the kindest people she'd met in the industry back in 2010 :rip:Ā 

I don't even know what to say to this mess. Christ... A delusional stan through and through.Ā :rip:

Didymus
1 minute ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

I don't even know what to say to this mess. Christ... A delusional stan through and through.Ā :rip:

Well, that's a very weak response.

What can I say, we've seen like 20 Instagram controversies of Madonna over the last three years and all of them turned out to be unnecessary after her clarifications. There's no way she's seriously claiming she "said it first" wtf. She's old and lost her talent but she's not that dumb :interestinga:

Brooke Hoegan
15 hours ago, Batwings said:

Madonna resents Gaga because Gaga gets critical acclaim for showing her beautiful, luscious puss while Madonna only got negative controversy for doing the same 'cause ain't no one want to look at that used up nannycake. :huntyga:

OMG I love you :lmao:

I cackled for 10 minutes straight, your choice of words is... :air:

Didymus

@OG Gaga Stan

It'll also please you to know Madonna fans hate me as well because I'm too "critical" of her and don't engage in all the excuses her fans make for her plummeting success.

I guess being reasonable just isn't in style for any fanbase these days.

Musicisfreedom
1 hour ago, dlioncourt91 said:

Oops. I am so sorry. I must haveļ»æ read it wrong. I thought it was directed at me.Ā :huntyga:

Happened twice in this thread lolĀ :ohwell:Ā I must need to work on my wordingĀ :reductive:

Bitch I'm Madonna

Just now, Didymus said:

Well, that's a very weak response.

What can I say, we've seen like 20 Instagram controversies of Madonna over the last three years and all of them turned out to be unnecessary after her clarifications. There's no way she's seriously claiming she "said it first" wtf. She's old and lost her talent but she's not that dumb :interestinga:

Weak? You want me to sit here and trade essays back and forth all day when you've made it clear that you're so far up Madonna's *ss that you'll go to bat for her indefinitely? I'm not going to waste my time, hun. :rip:

Didymus
Just now, OG Gaga Stan said:

Weak? You want me to sit here and trade essays back and forth all day when you've made it clear that you're so far up Madonna's *ss that you'll go to bat for her indefinitely? I'm not going to waste my time, hun. :rip:

How though?

I'm just stating what everyone who has heard about her Instagram messes for the last couple of years knows: Madonna reposts whatever she finds funny and amusing on Instagram and never thinks **** through.

Why on earth would she seriously claim she invented that 100 people in a room bs when she didn't even say what Gaga said, and has already clarified she does not think Gaga is a copycat 3x :saladga:

3 minutes ago, Didymus said:

How though?

I'm just stating what everyone who has heard about her Instagram messes for the last couple of years knows: Madonna reposts whatever she finds funny and amusing on Instagram and never thinks **** through.

Why on earth would she seriously claim she invented that 100 people in a room bs when she didn't even say what Gaga said, and has already clarified she does not think Gaga is a copycat 3x :saladga:

The fact that we're talking about a 60 year old woman who still acts like this is just unbelievable.Ā 

Musicisfreedom
8 minutes ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

Well, you presented it as if gaga implied stuffs that she didn't imply so it wasn't irrelevant to say what she precisely said since you made it look like if gaga was going as far as lying aboutĀ madonna in this itw. :)Ā 

Ā 

Putting her down as an artist? Gaga called a spade a spade to make it clear they're not "two versions of the same act" since the itw was about that at this precise moment.Ā 
If someone say "gaga ain't madonna sinceĀ she can't dance like her" to make a point that madonna is not like "good for replacement" that would be true as well and just a fact.
Not mean for gaga to be told she's not a madonna-level dancer.

Ā 

Gaga say that line over and over since weeks and evenĀ some big medias are laughing about it since a while...Ā 
In the middle of this buzz madonna suddenly play a video of her "saying it first" after gaga was always being dismissed as the girl doing stuffs madonna did first...
And you think it's a complete coincidence? It's more you reaching to say madonna ain't shady here than us reaching to say she's indeed shady here I think haha.

Ā 

I never said "they have to let it go" discussing madonna or gaga lol.

Okay and Gaga saying "Iā€™m not just rehearsing over and over again to put on a show" isn't supposed to be shade?Ā 

Honestly this argument is tired. Madonna and Gaga ARE very different but neither is better than the other. They both have said shady things and both have also shown respect. End of story.

Bitch I'm Madonna

Didymus
Just now, OG Gaga Stan said:

The fact that we're talking about a 60 year old woman who still acts like this is just unbelievable.Ā 

Cher says hello :messga:

Anyway, I do find her Instagram annoying af (the face alteration shtick is wayyyy passƩ) and I always cringe like a mother****er when I check it, and I'm definitely not saying she's doing something admirable here (like I said, I agree with you, she probably knew the effect that post was gonna have, which is why she deleted it too obviously), I just don't get why LMs are so worked up about it :koons: It's just a stupid meaningless post. Don't let such bs spoil what's basically a triumph run for Gaga :what:

this is the first time Iā€™ve looked on a dailymail comments section about Gaga and seen HUGE numbers of people posting positive comments about how talented Gaga isĀ :fthis:Ā 

public has realised it now, Madge just needs to chill out

heauxmatica

Archived