💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Madonna

Lighter

Featured Posts

Musicisfreedom
31 minutes ago, Lighter said:

Lol what she meant on that interview was that she has her own way of writing. She didn’t make any remarks ex. “Unlike madonna, I etc. Etc.” Or anything like that. She was just referring to herself and clarifying that she has no intentions of stealing or copying.  How can y’all misinterpret that:nails:

Don't get me wrong I get what she's trying to say, but it did come off as she wss trying to put down Madonna. But I can't say I blame her. She was frustrated with it as is Madonna. It would get tiring getting called "the next this or that" as it would with people saying you're being replaced by a newer girl. I blame the industry's sexism more than anything.

Bitch I'm Madonna

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im not really sold into the idea that a 50+ year old woman would have serious malicious intentions to bring down someone who said something remotely similar to her.

I think it was a joke. I mean the video clip blew up because its funny that lady gaga seems to be copying madonna again. Issa joke guyss :saladga:

Inb4 "reductive"

sweet but psycho đŸ”Ș

Chuckles
4 hours ago, Didymus said:

She's clarified more than enough that her controversial Insta posts are never that thought out.

Well this is true, it would be mandatory for Madonna to know about the "100 people" thing to begin with.

Cloudbusting

I mean I thought it was funny... it is just a joke who cares that much? Madonna has always been ironic 

She always posts like a mess, and all of her Insta controversies have been blown out of proportion because she never has any bad intentions, come on now.

She's clarified more than enough now that she has nothing against her, and imo she's done nothing to receive criticism now. This is like 1000x less bad than Gaga making that awful "I'm not like Madonna because I write my music and play instruments" comparison :messga:

If that's sarcasm: like I've argued many times, in that very same interview Madonna said Gaga was very talented and that she was not copying her (the editors cut that part out of the video that ultimately went viral). Only when pushed by that interviewer did she admit she did feel like BTW specifically was a rip-off of EY (as did the rest of the world).

That was fundamentally kinder than Gaga putting Nicki and Katy on blast for copying some of her looks (with no convincing evidence) :laughga:

They both benefited from the whole Madonna vs. Gaga controversy so let's stop portraying Gaga as a victim, she's thrown Madonna under the bus quite a few times too now.

But still, I think Madonna had no bad intentions with this, and was definitely not referring to Gaga's movie role or whatever, like why do we think that's on everybody's mind? She's finishing her next solo album, I'd imagine the worst she could've meant with that post is simply that she thinks it's funny people went so far back to trace the similarity. She's always played around with her status as "the queen" but it's stupid to take that **** seriously. She's clarified more than enough that her controversial Insta posts are never that thought out.

Just my opinion.

^^this 

Queen Bitch
18 minutes ago, Adarsh Soni said:

Can we just ban the word 'Madonna'? Just like i've muted it on twitter. Saves me a lot of time and energy. 

Actually yeah, we should if that's what it takes to make people on here stop hating on her 

Chuckles
2 hours ago, Adarsh Soni said:

Can we just ban the word 'Madonna'? Just like i've muted it on twitter. Saves me a lot of time and energy. 

Petition for "Ariana" too :triggered:

Guillaume Hamon
8 hours ago, Musicisfreedom said:

I do happen to think Gaga saying M doesn't write and play music was the worst part of the feud.

She NEVER said that tho. You repeat what some what angry madonna fans said to bash gaga. :spin:

Gaga's quote was "Madonna and I are very different cause I play a lot of instruments, I write all my own music." which doesn't mean that Madonna doesn't write or play...

It implies "I make more of my songs than she does with hers and I play more instruments than she does". There's a huge difference in saying "I do more of this and that than X" and saying "I do it unlike X".

StarstruckIllusion

Imagine being this insecure about being the top selling queen in pop. Yikes. Just yikes. 

9 hours ago, Didymus said:

This is like 1000x less bad than Gaga making that awful "I'm not like Madonna because I write my music and play instruments" comparison :messga:

That’s not what she meant. That’s  putting her quote way out of context. 

Cher has always been right about Madonna, and hasn’t changed her opinion on her since the 80s/90s. No one else has been as clear-headed.

Madonna is a bitch, she’s a great artist, despite what Gaga said the other year. Madonna produces, she writes her own stuff, yes she can play instruments and is a way better guitarist than Gaga. But Madonna's character is vile and bitchy and her fans are the epitome of hatred and jealousy. Just like her. 

Let’s just focus on how great Gaga is, how much more talented she is. Oh, she can sing! Celebrate this year’s successes. Even the little things how she commended the actresses on the Roundtable, showcasing her humble attitude. She’s already a respected icon in showbiz, the long queues of legends performing with her and singing her praises. And ignore Madonna, who has an album coming out soon and is clearly busy stirring her witchy cauldron to drum up some hype and controversy. Because at this point in her career, all she has is tour gross and her back catalogue. đŸ€·đŸŒâ€â™€ïžÂ 

I don't know where all of these Madonna fans came from, but the reason why everyone is upset about this is relatively obvious. I don't know why I have to explain this.

1) We're all sick of this idiotic "feud" and this only prolongs what we thought was long-over. It started out as bad tabloid gossip invented by bloggers that drew a thin line between the two because they both dressed in a "bizarre" way throughout their careers and evolved into this career-spanning weight around Gaga's neck that the press won't let her shake. It's been exhausting to endure half-*ssed comparisons and bad-faith cattiness from middle-aged, insecure gay men that lived vicariously through Madonna for the last decade and her choosing to post this unoriginal, staid truism on her Instagram account only adds fuel to the fire.

2) Madonna is 60 years old. She's been a celebrity since she was in her 20s. She knows what she's doing. She knew that the press would pick up on it and blow it out of proportion; it's already started: (https://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/a25393126/madonna-lady-gaga-a-star-is-born-quote/). It's all that shows up when you google Gaga's name. No one wants to deal with this right now, when Gaga's in the middle of an Oscar campaign, and now we have to discuss it because Madonna's acknowledged it.

3) This "controversy" is idiotic on its face. This isn't some original quote! It's a lame, corny phrase people have used various iterations of for forever.  It's yet another BS attack on Gaga's credibility that we're going to have to deal with in perpetuity because Madonna fans won't ever shut up about it. They're still repeating the word "reductive" 7 years after that ridiculous interview. 

No one wants to deal with any of this and now Madonna's made it a part of the mainstream cultural conversation. There were multiple articles written about it in major publications as recently as an hour ago. It should be pretty obvious why everyone is annoyed with Madonna right now. :saladga:

Guillaume Hamon
1 hour ago, Rio said:

she’s a great artist, despite what Gaga said the other year. Madonna produces, she writes her own stuff, yes she can play instruments

Gaga didn't say she was a bad artist or not able to do these things.
She said she was doing more of these things ( playing different instruments, writing her music ) than madonna which doesn't mean madonna doesn't do it all whatsoever.

Didymus
1 hour ago, Vegas said:

That’s not what she meant. That’s  putting her quote way out of context. 

But that's the point. Everyone runs to her defense immediately, so why is there no room to contextualize this supposed "statement" of Madonna?

Let's just give everyone the benefit of the doubt, no?

Archived