💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Shallow expected to drop from #4 to #24 on UK Chart

PopTwo

Featured Posts

https://www.officialcharts.com/charts/singles-chart-update/

It seems to be a common thing this year on the UK charts that once a song has charted for 10 weeks, it has a sudden drop. Ariana is expected to stay at number 1 with Thank U, Next, Ava Max is expected to climb to number 2 with Sweet But Psycho, Halsey is expected to climb to number 3 with Without Me. 6ix9ine is expected to climb to number 5:air:

It's that new rule they implemented. After like 10 weeks or something your songs get their points slashed by half i believe

Chickens in Malibu
Just now, PunkTheFunk said:

I'm off the deep end, watch as I-

c21907c72d47cf6a1ef704f82b7d05ea.gif

what the actual hell

What store thought it's a good idea to have a hole open like that?

TheRoof
1 minute ago, dit said:

It's that new rule they implemented. After like 10 weeks or something your songs get their points slashed by half i believe

yes.

2. Once a track has been on the chart for at least 10 weeks and has declined for three consecutive weeks its streaming to sales ratio will change from 150:1 to 300:1 in an attempt to accelerate its disappearance from the chart

http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?s=f9a1e618c2caa79a7a9419ee95e30bd5&showtopic=202072

Chickens in Malibu
Just now, MarlonBrando7 said:

yes.

2. Once a track has been on the chart for at least 10 weeks and has declined for three consecutive weeks its streaming to sales ratio will change from 150:1 to 300:1 in an attempt to accelerate its disappearance from the chart

http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?s=f9a1e618c2caa79a7a9419ee95e30bd5&showtopic=202072

:air:

7 minutes ago, dit said:

I thought it looked intentional, it happened to Rita Ora last week and happened to Drake with God's Plan because it fell from #1 to #9 after 9 weeks at number 1 :selena: Is it likely to happen earlier to Ariana if the sales continue to be as high as they are?

Edit: I get why they use the rule too but I don't understand why it's a sudden change rather than gradually lower the ratio so songs don't slide down the charts.

rumours
2 minutes ago, MarlonBrando7 said:

streaming to sales ratio will change from 150:1 to 300:1 in an attempt to accelerate its disappearance from the chart

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, LukeIsGaga said:

I thought it looked intentional, it happened to Rita Ora last week and happened to Drake with God's Plan because it fell from #1 to #9 after 9 weeks at number 1 :selena: Is it likely to happen earlier to Ariana if the sales continue to be as high as they are?

Yeah it's such a messy rule honestly. I know it's to create more movement on the charts but it is silly imo. In regards to Ari, if her song keeps decreasing even by a little points then at the 10 week mark it will have it's points slashed in half as well I believe. :selena: 

TheRoof
2 minutes ago, LukeIsGaga said:

only if it decreases in units (sales+streams) for 3 consecutive weeks.

9 minutes ago, MarlonBrando7 said:

only if it decreases in units (sales+streams) for 3 consecutive weeks.

So the units are probably more likely to increase because of the music video release?

TheRoof
1 minute ago, LukeIsGaga said:

So the units are probably more likely to increase because of the music video release?

yes because in the UK video streams counts towards the charts but the song is in it's 5 tracking week at the moment  so if for example in it's 7 , 8 , 9 it has a constant decrease in units , it's gonna get hit by the rule.

Archived