Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

My opinion on the Gaga/Stefani mess

LateToCult

Featured Posts

LateToCult

Whew CHILE. I thought I was for sure done posting on GGD but I got curious and saw that mess of a thread about Gaga running from Stefani so I just had to add my two cents.

Her saying this “running away” stuff doesn’t mean she lied to us back then. It just means that she’s at a different point in her life right now. She’s looked back at her past and now realizes that she was in fact running. I’m sure that back then, in her heart, it felt like she was being Stefani and Gaga at the same time. She’s grown and has analyzed her past and I guess she doesn’t feel the same way about that now. 

That being said, I now don’t know who she is as an artist. She’s coming off a little snobby tbh. It really does feel like she’s turning her nose up at the kind of pop music she made before. So I can kind of see why so many fans are upset. But I have a feeling that it’s just a phase and has a little to do with the fact that Hollywood is showing her more love than the music industry right now. I believe she is turning a new leaf in her artistry but I don’t think the Gaga we’re seeing right now is the Gaga (or Stefani) that she’s going to settle on.

She should be very careful with what she says though. It sounds like she’s pissing a lot of fans off right now. That will come bite her in the a** eventually if she pisses too many of them off. The film industry can be even more cruel than the music industry and they’ll turn on her at the snap of a finger if they decide she’s not the it girl anymore. At least when ARTPOP backfired she still had that safety net of hardcore fans to cushion the blow. We still managed to get her a #1 album and a #4 hit song that stayed in the top 10 for a good chunk of time. We weathered what could have been a disaster of an album with her. We also helped Cheek to Cheek and Joanne have some level of success even though many of us weren’t the biggest fans of those particular works. 

Gaga loves speaking from the heart and we love her for it. But sometimes she just says things that are contradictory, cringe worthy, or just not well thought out. That was obviously the case here seeing as so many people were upset. However, this time it feels like she is on the brink of actually losing a lot of fans. They see it as a personal insult because to a lot of them that Gaga from 2008-2014 was like a warrior for them and this new Stefani is telling them that none of that mattered. I’m not saying that this form of thinking from the fans is right, but it is what’s happened. If she doesn’t want to lose that support for her future music I think she should just think twice about what she says. However, if she really doesn’t want that support because of all the baggage it comes with then she should just be as carefree as she wants to and risk potentially losing the fans and the support. 

WHEW. In conclusion, what Gaga said does not mean she lied to us back then. She’s just at a different place in her life right now and looks at things different. BUT I do think she was a little sloppy in the delivery of her speech. 

This was a whole mess too. Imma get DRAGGED for it I just know it.  :ladyhaha:

Yeah....I still dont understand how anything she has said recently means she's turning her nose up at her old music or how a two minute speech about finding the part of her that's vulnerable is causing everyone to make think pieces. 

LateToCult
2 minutes ago, GoneGUY said:

Yeah....I still dont understand how anything she has said recently means she's turning her nose up at her old music or how a two minute speech about finding the part of her that's vulnerable is causing everyone to make think pieces. 

You may not understand it but there’s obviously some truth to it if this many fans are saying the same thing.

Mirages
40 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

You may not understand it but there’s obviously some truth to it if this many fans are saying the same thing.

Or yall are just dellulu and just set up yourselves for a meltdown without any reason :classy:

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Batwings
1 hour ago, LateToCult said:

However, this time it feels like she is on the brink of actually losing a lot of fans.

Gurl, this has literally been Gaga's career since BTW:

The BTW Era: She's too weird, the album cover is weird, the album is overproduced, they hyped it way too much.

The ARTPOP Era: OMG, she's flopping. The album is so messy and uncohesive. It's her worst album ever. Why is she doing a blackout? She can kiss her career goodbye.

The C2C Era: EEEEEEEEWWWWWW, JAZZ!!! I'M NOT BUYING THE ALBUM!!! I WANT POP BOPS, NOT THIS PANDERING CRAP!!!

The Joanne Era: EEEEEEEEEWWWWWW, COUNTRY!!! What is she thinking? She is totally alienating all her fans! Where are the dance bops?

And here we are in the A Star is Born era where she is slaying left and right. Gaga will be OK. It's her drama queen fans who need to calm their asses down.

Didymus

It does feel like her old school hardcore fanbase is crumbling. But then again, she's getting so many new fans with her new projects. So in terms of that she is definitely doing a great thing, and I'd totally get it if she wanted to replace fanbases a little bit 'cause god knows the glitter gays were/are possessive and annoying and never satisfied.

It'll be interesting to see what she does next for sure.

GhettoFabulous

Tbh people grow and change I was one of the few fans that was “annoyed” but I think we’re being a little selfish here. She’s finally fulfilled her dream of becoming an actress and she’s in a really good place mentally which is great tbh just let her be. 

Will she go “crazy” again we don’t know remember “the moment they think they know who lady Gaga is I remind them that they don’t” so let’s wait for the next era:)  all that being said the visuals and music the past era(Joanne) were bland and lackluster for her imo and the way she carried herself during that era...:saladga::madge: talking channeling/visualizing some mom(who’s most likely homophobic) with loose hair and Pinot Grigio in the one hand was b*ring(FOR ME :poot:) like no shade next era we need her to channel/visualize  gays doing poppers in the bathroom or some satanic baddie **** or something,  long story short we’re/I’m tired of the vanilla **** give us avant- grade remind us why we love you so much :diane: but I will still stan her regardless cuz she has my heart 

this whole "Gaga/Stefani" thing is borderline ridiculous, overtly dramatic and blown out of proportion by some users here :ladyhaha:

I kinda get Gaga's point perfectly in terms of finding her "old" Stefani self and see nothing wrong about it. it's actually great to see that she's becoming a wholesome person as the time goes by. that's what growing up and maturing is about, I guess. 

月にかわって、おしおきよ!🌙

Bel Esprit
On 12/3/2018 at 6:00 AM, Didymus said:

It does feel like her old school hardcore fanbase is crumbling. But then again, she's getting so many new fans with her new projects. So in terms of that she is definitely doing a great thing, and I'd totally get it if she wanted to replace fanbases a little bit 'cause god knows the glitter gays were/are possessive and annoying and never satisfied.

It'll be interesting to see what she does next for sure.

What? If anything this is her first project in years that brought the fans together and brought back old fans. 

Didymus
3 hours ago, Bel Esprit said:

What? If anything this is her first project in years that brought the fans together and brought back old fans.  

But then I've also never seen so many fans who have outgrown their adoration for her or are simply fed up with her :shrug: A lot of that has to do with this Gaga/Stefani thing, since many fans feel she's disrespected her early work.

That's what I observed anyway. And I've been observing since 2012 :koons:

beaublue

I don’t even know what “mess” you’re talking about..? She’s still a musician & her saying what she’s been saying doesn’t take that away or make it any less meaningful? People are allowed to have more than one dream & to fulfill more than one dream...

Queen Gloria

If anyone is upset by her sharing her story, they need to buck up and get over it. We should be happy that she feels confident enough at this point to talk more openly about her personal life. Y'all stan A Star Is Born but don't want to hear about Gaga's own Ally story? :saladga:

She's allowed to be a human being and admit that Lady Gaga was a persona she used to escape her own demons and become something more than she was. I can personally relate and understand, wanting to become someone else. The persona stuck and she had to go through with it. I'm sure she doesn't enjoy being "Lady Gaga" every day and you should have some compassion. She doesn't need to constantly impress everyone by sticking 100% to her character. The Gaga persona changes and evolves one day to the next, she's going to be something completely different a year, 5 years from now, so get used to it. 

Bel Esprit
29 minutes ago, Didymus said:

But then I've also never seen so many fans who have outgrown their adoration for her or are simply fed up with her :shrug: A lot of that has to do with this Gaga/Stefani thing, since many fans feel she's disrespected her early work.

That's what I observed anyway. And I've been observing since 2012 :koons:

Maybe hardcore stans, old stans and causal fans are being brought back in droves since ASIB. :koons:

Archived