💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Gaga: "I ran away from Stefani & put on a superhero cape called Lady Gaga"

dit

Featured Posts

Didymus
Just now, M Monstre said:

Also, if you're willing to unstan someone who recognizes that they're human then you shouldn't have been stanning them in the first place.  

But it's not that lol, you guys keep focusing on the wrong thing.

What makes this a tough pill to swallow for fans is that the moment she started talking about Gaga as a mask she completely changed up her visual and musical appearance and output to the point of unrecognizability :laughga:

What's hard for fans to grasp is how easily she's let go of exactly what so many fans thought was special, unique and original about her.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Didymus said:

You can still be interested in someone's career and discussing it without being a stan :koons: I've been doing it for years and I've never regretted it. Like her or not, her career is fascinating and discussion worthy :icega:

And for previous stans, like me, it's hard to completely let go. We all have hopes that someday she'll return to being who we were cheering on. I've stopped being a major fan years ago but I loved ASIB and the soundtrack, thinking it's some of her best music. Likewise, I've loved several recent performances. It's still fun to chat about that and share appreciation. Who else are we gonna talk about tbh :laughga:

Not really.

If you're active in a forum dedicated to Gaga, you're pretty much more than "interested in her career".

Especially if you're taking your time to analyze her career. That's more than interested if you ask me :oops: 

giskardsb

Her "superhero cape" is simply a mechanism to overcome her fears and insecurity. It doesn't mean it wasn't amplifying something in her true self or that the effects are fake. 

When I read these kinds of threads I think of "would you like to see behind the Aura" and for many fans the answer is clearly No.

Just now, giskardsb said:

Her "superhero cape" is simply a mechanism to overcome her fears and insecurity. It doesn't mean it wasn't amplifying something in her true self or that the effects are fake. 

When I read these kinds of threads I think of "would you like to see behind the Aura" and for many fans the answer is clearly No.

This! 

Didymus
1 minute ago, Ronlop said:

Not really.

If you're active in a forum dedicated to Gaga, you're pretty much more than "interested in her career".

Especially if you're taking your time to analyze her career. That's more than interested if you ask me :oops: 

You're devoted in your interest. I still don't see why that should make you a bad or irrational person. Look at this forum. Literally half of the discussion is about other pop stars and how much they're inferior to Gaga, whose work is actually very superficially analysed (I've seen that happen for years here).

So the knife cuts both ways.

Didymus
1 minute ago, giskardsb said:

Of course not. Why would we be interested in seeing her real self? :diane:

I'm not. I wanna see her imagination, her creativity, her ideas, her dreams, her passions, her mental vomit. I couldn't care less about Stefani. She once seemed to understand that she was interesting exactly because she kept her personal life private, secret even, and just focusing on the art.

That's what pulled a lot of people in, who needed that fantasy and drama in their lives, who understood and appreciated it. I don't get how so many people are surprised we're bored as hell with all this "I just love walking in my garden, feeding my chickens" nonsense. It doesn't mean we don't care about her, it just means we'd rather focus on the work. You know, which once she prided herself on.

Reality
2 minutes ago, Didymus said:

That's true, but there's obviously a difference between her writing her own songs, creating her own music video's and performances to go alongside them, and her getting up on stage in an unimaginative outfit and singing jazz standards, or being hired as an actress to portray a fictional character she did not imagine.

While that may have been true in the beginning, at this point Gaga is more than just a pop singer. She may be a pop singer first and foremost, but I believe as time goes on, that line may blur a little bit. She's going to do more acting, more jazz, and at that point, she probably will be doing more things with her career. From C2C on, I would consider that every endeavour she does is a "project" and not just a "side project" anymore. 

I don't ignore that, I just find that surprising and interesting, because it reflects back on her own solo work, which apparently was less fulfilling. From a big artiste who proclaimed to be this creative soul who loved to do nothing more than to write music, that just comes as a surprise to me. Why shouldn't it?

Like I said, I think that because it's so different from what she normally does, I don't think it's far fetched for her to think that it's more inspiring and interesting than her solo work. That isn't to say that she hates her solo work or anything because she obviously loves it, but after working on the fifth album, perhaps the "spark" isn't there as much as it was when she made her debut album. I mean, she's human. This experience was unlike anything she's ever done before and because of that she's expressed numerous times that this was one of the most inspirational and artistically creative endeavours she's ever done. 

Of course. But I was referring to the fact that she said that she had to be "Stefani" again in order to be able to play the part, and that she couldn't have done that without Bradley. Again, that just surprised me, because she said similar things about Tony (who she also referred to in the same speech). It just makes me wonder how (in)significant her "own" projects or artistic creation is for her.

I'm not putting her down or anything, I think you misunderstood something about my posts. I'm just intrigued in what she means by her comments because I think they're pretty revealing.

When she said that, I don't believe she means that she went into her own personality to bring out Ally or anything, but I think she was referring to the fact that she always wanted to be an actress before she wanted to be a singer. Because she was insecure about acting her whole life, she turned to music, but after working with Bradley, perhaps she found that "spark" again, making herself more confident about her acting abilities and her interest in acting (from when "she was 'Stefani'"). 

Also, I don't think she sees her "own" projects as being artistically insignificant or anything, I just think that Gaga, in all honesty, is just an insecure person. Like I said, she creates this "Gaga" persona in order to cope with that. I don't believe, for one second, that she doesn't believe in her "own" projects, but I think often she needs a boost from other people to make her feel confident about them. We saw this in 5F2. She really had to trust and play off of Ronson in order to make Joanne a great album. I mean, she was crying when he left. That just shows you how much she loves, adores, and finds inspiration in people. 

🃏🖤👹

Didymus
Just now, M Monstre said:

While that may have been true in the beginning, at this point Gaga is more than just a pop singer.

See, that's what I don't like. I already thought of her as an actress, a jazz and a rock singer before 2014 :messga: She already showed us all of those talents. She was already always more than a pop singer, so that doesn't add anything new to the conversation to me. Expanding your performance skills and exploring new media platforms shouldn't mean changing up your entire personality and artistic presentation :interestinga:

2 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

This experience was unlike anything she's ever done before and because of that she's expressed numerous times that this was one of the most inspirational and artistically creative endeavours she's ever done.

100% agreed.

It's just odd that she says that about a jazz cover album and a feature film and not about her own work. Even when counting in the insecurity thing you mentioned, if anything, that shows she may be better thought of as a singer and an actress, and not a musician/artist :duck:

It's pretty obvious Gaga is not the same woman she was in the past. She became famous due to her gimmicks and her avant-garde character was obviously pushed further by herself and her management, team to keep the brand selling.

That doesn't mean she didn't believe what she did was genuine then. Anyone who would take pop music so seriously to believe Gaga is your mother, mother monster or some other corny concept is the one who is deluded and you shouldn't blame Gaga for "misleading" you. She was an entertainer in and outside of her live shows and now she isn't. "I'd die for my fans" was a statement made for entertainment. That's the only difference.

I can understand that for many of you Gaga changed your life in some way or another or gave you strength and a feeling of empowerment. But you can not expect a woman to enslave herself to you always and serve the powerful avant-garde fashionista relevant pop artist character forever. And no one even said she won't give you that in the future in some way.

She's 32 years old. It's been more than decade since she first began and she changed like every other human being. She has different goals in her life and she learned and experienced alot.

As much as some of us want the old Gaga to come back, she never will. But that doesn't mean she won't re-invent herself to something  that would remind us of that old Gaga in a modern way and for that, I'm excited for what's to come.

Reality
12 minutes ago, Didymus said:

But it's not that lol, you guys keep focusing on the wrong thing.

What makes this a tough pill to swallow for fans is that the moment she started talking about Gaga as a mask she completely changed up her visual and musical appearance and output to the point of unrecognizability :laughga:

What's hard for fans to grasp is how easily she's let go of exactly what so many fans thought was special, unique and original about her.

She's said numerous times that Gaga is a mask for her to be fearless, confident, etc. Gaga and Stefani are the same individual. The difference is that Stefani uses "Gaga" in order to be more confident in the public eye. It's not like she's completely shedding away her persona or anything. 

We also always have this discussion because once in a while she'll come up with statements like this one and all of a sudden people don't "know" who Gaga is, yet they still stay on this forum. Stefani is just as creative, artistically "weird" and "crazy", compassionate, loving, etc. as Gaga is. Gaga is just the platform for which she expresses her creative endeavours.

🃏🖤👹

Didymus
Just now, Ronlop said:

Anyone who would take pop music so seriously to believe Gaga is your mother, mother monster or some other corny concept is the one who is deluded and you shouldn't blame Gaga for "misleading" you.

Wow. No. Sorry, but that is really mean and demeaning.

Even if those people were "mentally weak" on that level, she still absolutely, and deliberately, exploited that weakness :smh: There's no way you can put 100% on the blame on the individuals themselves. That is a total co-dependent relationship.

2 minutes ago, Ronlop said:

As much as some of us want the old Gaga to come back, she never will. But that doesn't mean she won't re-invent herself to something  that would remind us of that old Gaga in a modern way and for that, I'm excited for what's to come. 

Very much agreed with this though.

6 hours ago, Didymus said:

It's a little tiring to keep on hearing about how her non-Gaga projects are the most inspiring, most fulfilling and most creative work she's ever done :messga: I thought we finally left that behind after C2C where she never stopped babbling about how Tony finally taught her how to be a true artist :saladga:

On the other hand, I can understand.

And on one other hand, it could really just be promo talk we'll hear every single time.

Either way, it's becoming more and more unclear who we're supposed to be stanning for imo :cryga: I mean, she literally said Ally was not Lady Gaga (or even Stefani) and now she's saying it's the most fulfilling artistic endeavor she's ever taken on? :koons: I've been lost when it comes to understanding who she is since 2015.

This has really bothered me for the past four or five years. I can't stand how she constantly belittles her previous work with these hyperbolic claims, work that was infinitely more challenging, complex, and ambitious (both formally and intellectually) than any of the "authentic" work she's put out since. It's a lame marketing tactic and it's transparently inauthentic. We all know why she's doing it; she wants the public to love her and she wants to sell whatever project she's promoting, but the Gaga I started stanning back in 2008 truly made all of us original fans believe that she'd never sell out or put on an act like that for public approval. She speaks in this overly-mannered, affected way, carefully constructs these faux-heart-warming emotional speeches that she repeats over and over again and pushes herself to cry constantly in interviews and it's going to start working against her. People have already started noticing it (the "100 people in a room" thing becoming a meme is funny, but going back and watching her deliver that same line over and over again with this self-important gravitas as if what she's saying is profound is even more uncomfortable now than it was before). 

And the newer, elitist anti-pop fans that truly think Gaga can do no wrong always rush to defend her, make fun of anyone who has a problem with the way she's chosen to abandon everything that made us love her in the beginning, and pretend that this is a sign of growth, somehow, that she's actually "matured" by embracing a watered-down version of who she told us she really was for years and ejecting all of her ambition in the process, embracing this adult-contemporary top 40 sound with this maudlin approach to everything. The idea that "Lady Gaga" wasn't a reflection of who she really is and that it was all an act is a betrayal, full-stop, and it means that she lied to us for years to sell records. I'm still here because I don't believe her.

The point is: This is clearly a marketing tactic to appeal to Oscar voters and the general public. I get it. I get that she has to play the game, to a certain extent. That doesn't mean we have to like it, especially when it's obvious that she's being inauthentic.

I'll go back to praising her now, Joannesters, don't worry. :vegas: 

27monster27
8 hours ago, Lippoutou said:

Yet in 2011 she shouted everywhere that Stefani and Gaga are the exact same person and if you called her Stefani you didn't understand anything. I don't know how to feel about it.

She was probably so used to "Lady Gaga" that she lost sight in being called Stefani.

he/him/his

Archived