Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Gaga: "I ran away from Stefani & put on a superhero cape called Lady Gaga"

dit

Featured Posts

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Gaga persona was invented, and was actually one of many ways she helps people.  She is constantly working on ways to help others, even to this day.  CrazyGa explained at 2:36 into this:

She also said on Oprah that the reason behind Gaga was to help fans free themselves, be proud of who they are, and be truly happy.

I live outside the space time continuum.

5 hours ago, Jamie said:

Crying and making every speech / event about her life and her mental health seems very egocentric To me. 

Even the way she praises Bradley makes me unconfortable : she always makes it about her and gives the impression that she couldnt manage To be fully herself without the MAN that Bradley is. What kind of message is that ? A woman needs a man to be strong ? To be respectable ? What kind of reverse empowerment experience is that ?:wtfga:

And what makes me sad, Weirdly, is that it looks like she is apologizing for her past career. Being the most powerfull and polarizing female popstar of the world was not acceptable and it seems like her new real, fragile, victim self is her apologie To the world, her redemption.

i don't think the pity strategy is going to pay off... it is a personnal opinion, but I feel like she will never incarn a modern figure anymore, she embodies concervatives values without realising it ( at least I hope so ). This radical change of direction is what is making me slowly turn my back on her.

PARDON my english im french

giphy.gif

Yes, yes, and again yes!

She absolutely doesn't need to crush her previous work to validate "normal girl" image. She could say "I am proud of what I've done and I am proud of every piece of music that I made or art direction that I took" instead of being ashamed of what was in the past and trying to appeal to gp by saying this persona nowadays is better one, real one. She was real before too, but now she just matured and trying to deny some stuff to feel better about herself?

It reminds me of situation when a girl sleeps with few guys and then gets into serious relationship. A boy asks "so how many partners have you got?", and she would lie or tell the truth but with a twist like "well I had 4 but obviously you are the best guy" when she perfectly remembers how 2nd or 3rd guy was so much better in bed. But too ashamed to say "I did what I did and I loved it, you have a problem with that?"...

For me, all I know is that she knows what she's doing, and it's for her best. She's very smart, very present and mature. She is now surrounded with friends that really understands her. She's done "Gaga", then she's done "Lady". She's done "Monster"(force to be reckoned with, and full of monstrous talent)... now I think she's about to enter the phase of being a true "Mother". (Well, with Enigma still in mind of course...)

Lady. Gaga. Mother. Monster.

Phaye Monster

I think everyone in this thread is making the whole “she doesn’t like being Gaga!!” thing a bit over dramatic. 

In less than a month we’ll have Enigma and she’ll be at her Gaga-est. She’s not ashamed of who she has created and being Lady Gaga is who she is. I think everyone needs to calm down a bit. 

I'm an ARTPOP bitch, baby

5 hours ago, Jamie said:

Crying and making every speech / event about her life and her mental health seems very egocentric To me. 

Even the way she praises Bradley makes me unconfortable : she always makes it about her and gives the impression that she couldnt manage To be fully herself without the MAN that Bradley is. What kind of message is that ? A woman needs a man to be strong ? To be respectable ? What kind of reverse empowerment experience is that ?:wtfga:

And what makes me sad, Weirdly, is that it looks like she is apologizing for her past career. Being the most powerfull and polarizing female popstar of the world was not acceptable and it seems like her new real, fragile, victim self is her apologie To the world, her redemption.

i don't think the pity strategy is going to pay off... it is a personnal opinion, but I feel like she will never incarn a modern figure anymore, she embodies concervatives values without realising it ( at least I hope so ). This radical change of direction is what is making me slowly turn my back on her.

PARDON my english im french

It’s very strange to me. I agree. I really don’t like this very doe-eyed innocent, doll-faced, aw shucks, baby doll kind of image she’s got for the ASIB press tour. It feels *so* fake and culturally backwards from someone who has in the past been our cultural trailblazer more than her peers and set the level that stardom needed to operate at. Now it feels like a super conservative image of a meek woman. Of course women can be that, be yourself. But it’s been pretty evident that that isn’t Gaga so to put up that front and to do it so poorly and almost garishly at times is disappointing. Even in Joanne she felt real, if a little bruised and weary. I still felt her rough and tumble spirit, though. This honestly does not feel like her at.all.

25 minutes ago, Kattys said:

giphy.gif

Yes, yes, and again yes!

She absolutely doesn't need to crush her previous work to validate "normal girl" image. She could say "I am proud of what I've done and I am proud of every piece of music that I made or art direction that I took" instead of being ashamed of what was in the past and trying to appeal to gp by saying this persona nowadays is better one, real one. She was real before too, but now she just matured and trying to deny some stuff to feel better about herself?

It reminds me of situation when a girl sleeps with few guys and then gets into serious relationship. A boy asks "so how many partners have you got?", and she would lie or tell the truth but with a twist like "well I had 4 but obviously you are the best guy" when she perfectly remembers how 2nd or 3rd guy was so much better in bed. But too ashamed to say "I did what I did and I loved it, you have a problem with that?"...

She has never said she was ashamed of her previous work. I don’t get why y’all keep repeating that. Even recently during the Joanne era she called TFM a great pop record.

gypsy101
7 hours ago, Schizophonic said:

i think thats just one step of her getting rid of the name lady gaga in the future.

i still don’t understand why she didn’t do that with this movie like she originally planned, pretty sure i heard her name on the call sheet was listed as “Stefani Germanotta.”

whether or not this is all a way of getting rid of the Gaga mask i respect her choice. i felt for many years that Gaga was a character that was not her true persona. it doesn’t make her work any less riveting or important to me. let the lady be who she wants.

giskardsb
1 hour ago, Kattys said:

She could say "I am proud of what I've done and I am proud of every piece of music that I made or art direction that I took" instead of being ashamed of what was in the past

she has said that tho and she has never claimed to be ashamed of anything she's done.  You all are trying too hard to make drama where there isn't any.

giskardsb

Interesting how so many are happy when Gaga takes on "male" traits such as preconceived notions of "strength" and "desire" and "fortitude" and yet trash her for "female" traits such as emotion and empathy and gratefulness.

hidden mysogynism maybe?

Kimblue
16 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

Interesting how so many are happy when Gaga takes on "male" traits such as preconceived notions of "strength" and "desire" and "fortitude" and yet trash her for "female" traits such as emotion and empathy and gratefulness.

hidden mysogynism maybe?

I’ve noticed this as well.

Space Cowboy

There would be no GAGA without Stefani. They’re one in the same, she has said this herself. There’s many sides to her and her career is proof of it. Point blank period.

Archived