Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Gaga: "I ran away from Stefani & put on a superhero cape called Lady Gaga"

dit

Featured Posts

She is Lady Gaga AND Stefani...it is her. Stop trying to read so much into things, it’s not like she is trying to be someone else.  

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
giskardsb
1 hour ago, Didymus said:

I'm not sure I buy it completely but it sounds wonderful so I'll remember it :flutter:

Thanks for sharing, buddy :hug:

Of course in the world of the movie she was singing in a tribute to Jackson.  Why wouldn’t she do a song he wrote?  How egocentric would Ally have to be to intentionally make a tribute to her dead husband a “moment of empowerment” of herself?  That might have been a meta theme, but wasn’t driving Ally’s actual motivations. 

32 minutes ago, Miel said:

Absolutely.

We know she tends to be hyperbolic. I think this is a genuine and honest vulnerability, that she might be playing up for the crowd. Who knows.

I think that’s also intensified by the clashing contrast between Gaga’s early years and the recent ones, it makes her appear disingenuous, well at least I myself see it that way, but that perception or idea is then broken by the strategic nature of it. 

Didymus
7 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

Of course in the world of the movie she was singing in a tribute to Jackson.  Why wouldn’t she do a song he wrote?  How egocentric would Ally have to be to intentionally make a tribute to her dead husband a “moment of empowerment” of herself?  That might have been a meta theme, but wasn’t driving Ally’s actual motivations. 

Well, like I said I don't subscribe to that interpretation. I actually do see the final scene as empowering.

Bel Esprit

2014-2018 is a transitional phase for Gaga, but from here on out she'll reap the awards from everything she's done in terms of her image and diversifying.

ltlmnstr

David Bowie went through the same fan criticism with he started Tin Machine

He even parodied himself for a superbowl commercial

There's nothing wrong with anyone looking back on their younger selves and cringing about it. People change.

All I know is GGD needs a downvote reaction because I hate most of these opinions.

I don’t feel like reading 13 pages but I’m gonna guess it’s full of people dragging Gaga because they misunderstood her like always. 

Whispering
2 hours ago, Ronk said:

She's human and fragile.  Not everyone experiences life the same way.  Emotionally she's very delicate.  In her journey through life she feels everything with great impact and importance, and things seem like life-changing experiences to her.  That's just how she's made, emotionally and mentally.  She's being honest about her feelings.

The wisdom of age and experiences. ^^^ Thank you! 

Some people are simply very emotional. People are contradictory and complicated. Add in time and life experiences that change over a decade...and a highly artistic mind...and you get Gaga. 

I know so many highly artistic people who have been all over the place with their lives over the last ten years. I’m used to it! :) 

MaryJaneHolland
3 hours ago, SimplyTheBest said:

Lord have mercy! It is not because he is a man. It just happens that he is the one who gave her the opportunity when the producers didn't want her and she's grateful for it, that's it! Could've been a woman and she would've said the same thing, would it be a problem for you then?

I'm pretty sure she has been offered MANY acting roles before Bradley did.

LordEnigma
13 hours ago, Lippoutou said:

Yet in 2011 she shouted everywhere that Stefani and Gaga are the exact same person and if you called her Stefani you didn't understand anything. I don't know how to feel about it.

We all say things in our 20’s and I feel like a lot of us do this without putting an actual name on the character. I feel like your 30’s are a place to reconnect to your core for a lot of people. 

21 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

I'm pretty sure she has been offered MANY acting roles before Bradley did.

Idk about that, she wasn't well known as an actress, but I'm sure she will be offered many acting roles now.  She is in the enviable position of being able to pick the part she likes most.

I live outside the space time continuum.

9 hours ago, Didymus said:

Well, she's still a performer. She and her team know goddamn well that this movie is going to automatically bring in the crowds for her Vegas act :queenga: To keep this whole "LADY" and "GAGA" thing alive, but separate, is marketing genius. People will come to see her ASIB-esque talent, and they will also be curious about what she'll do as the "old and trusted" Poker Face girl. She can rely on two different brands at the same time, without abandoning her loyal fanbase completely ("I'm still Gaga somewhere, don't worry!!!").

But the fact remains that she hasn't been "Gaga" in over three years now. From an avant-garde performer who'd rather die than give up music we went to someone who almost quit music (as she admitted in 2015) to "just" be a mom, which is of course so much more important, as she said in a recent interview.

It's a lot for fans to swallow, and to me it's simply naïve to maintain that she's still the old gal we know and love. She's so obviously not interested in being an avant-garde groundbreaker anymore. She hasn't done one project in the last couple of years to convince me she is, and simultaneously she's done plenty of projects that prove the opposite.

She basically confirmed what I thought all along but hoped wasn't true: that Lady Gaga was in fact a marketing stunt, and that she simply did what she had to do to become famous, and that now she's relying on the fruits of her efforts to take it easy and chill a bit, choosing her own projects and ambitions rather than chasing whatever will make her money. It's what all pop stars do. But, sadly, not every pop star convinces their fans she's their momma :trollga:

BITCH can you write my essays for me :air: The way you wrapped this post up with a punching line and the way every thought was cohesive and led to a new one :air: I'm SHOOK and impressed :giveup: 

5 minutes ago, Alexander Levi said:

We all say things in our 20’s and I feel like a lot of us do this without putting an actual name on the character. I feel like your 30’s are a place to reconnect to your core for a lot of people. 

Exactly.  People say things and change their mind when things change in their lives.  A lot has happened in Gaga's life; traumatic experiences and unexpected opportunities.  She's mature now, but the kid inside still grasps at new things and wants to explore all the possibilities.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Archived