đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Gaga: "I ran away from Stefani & put on a superhero cape called Lady Gaga"

dit

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

I'm judging the quality of her output. I'm judging her for her lack of ambition musically, her lack of intellectualism, her embracing what she used to mock. I'm a part of the public and she's trying to sell me something. We all have the right to judge her work. I'm not "putting her in a box" when I say that I want something ambitious or intelligent from her. I'm saying that she should work to improve. I'm asking for growth rather than imposing a limitation. The fact that I don't expect work at that level is exactly the problem. :saladga:

Well you can be disappointed by the quality of her output as I said but from there to criticize the way she chooses to live her life because it mocks some senetence she said in 2009 about Hollywood and celebrities... That's more than judging the quality of her output, to me. People change and so does Gaga.

If you would've seen so much lack of ambition musically and lack of intellectualism and you're still here, that means there is something that still pulls you in.

I am also not quite a fan of her recent career moves because they are not interesting or highly enetertaining to me but I know that when given the right project, she could make something incredible again. And I don't need her to live a artsty lifestyle in New York because you deem is better for her or wear a meat dress for that. Because I just want the actual work itself to blow me away.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus
6 minutes ago, LaLa said:

But for some people the artist herself, and her inner life, are just as important as the art. For myself, I'd even go so far to say that the Gaga as a person is more important to me than anything she could produce. 

I care if she is happy and healthy, and if that means riding her horse to Starbucks or whatever then so be it.

But don't you think that's just because we're culturally stimulated to care more about rich people than ourselves? :duck: Isn't that the whole celebrity cult thing that Gaga herself made fun of in one of her first interviews? She asked: "why do we care?" I still ask that question. It's important.

Anyway, I do really appreciate your reply, and I do agree with your final conclusion: we probably are never gonna reach a conclusion. But I do think we can stimulate each other to think in more nuanced ways. I definitely need to be reminded once in a while that at the end of the day Gaga is a person and she doesn't owe me ****. On the other hand, I also think some people need to be reminded that they might make constant excuses for a woman who doesn't care about them at all, and is mainly interested in all of your money :air: Like, is it really healthy to sustain this fake relationship with a celebrity you're never going to meet? Is it laudable for Gaga to keep such a thing going? It feels almost abusive to me...

Monster2015

I mean I love Gaga so much but sometimes her “speeches” or “sentimental segments” can come off as contradicting and sometimes questions her intentions. For example, all of her speeches before her tributes. Like I feel like it’s just a way to heighten the emotion in the moment but the authenticity of what she’s saying is questionable. 

HighwayFantasy

This is the very first moment in all my stan-years since just dance that I can't handle her anymore. Oh my goodness she is just to extra and dramatic for me now. Ever since the premiere of ASIB she is just pulling of the most ridiculous quotes and looks just to fake for me at this point. I am glad when Enigma starts and she just can be the popstar again instead of this drama era. I mean, its a freaking MOVIE gaga, not the end of the world. There, I said it :messga:

2 minutes ago, Didymus said:

On the other hand, I also think some people need to be reminded that they might make constant excuses for a woman who doesn't care about them at all, and is mainly interested in all of your money :air: Like, is it really healthy to sustain this fake relationship with a celebrity you're never going to meet? Is it laudable for Gaga to keep such a thing going? It feels almost abusive to me...

I understand why some are disappointed. Who she was is not who she is now.

But it's not that black or white sdkjfs :air: You're taking this a little bit too seriously, in my opinion.

You are giving her the same criticism a prime minister would get for "betraying his country". It's just pop music and she's just an entertainer. She doesn't owe you ****. Period

And it's not unhealthy (lets exaggerate it more shall we) to have this "fake" relationship because it doesn't do anyone any harm. Disappointed fans can leave anytime and Gaga is not awfully fake to her entire existence on this planet. 

Like Gaga once said: "It's just pop music. Not brain surgery". Everything is FINE. You can be disappointed and leave and it'll be okay. And you can stick here to watch more from her hoping for something to blow you away which is also fine.

It's not abusive and it's not anything unhealthy. Please don't make this what it's not skjdf

6 minutes ago, Didymus said:

But don't you think that's just because we're culturally stimulated to care more about rich people than ourselves? :duck: Isn't that the whole celebrity cult thing that Gaga herself made fun of in one of her first interviews? She asked: "why do we care?" I still ask that question. It's important.

Anyway, I do really appreciate your reply, and I do agree with your final conclusion: we probably are never gonna reach a conclusion. But I do think we can stimulate each other to think in more nuanced ways. I definitely need to be reminded once in a while that at the end of the day Gaga is a person and she doesn't owe me ****. On the other hand, I also think some people need to be reminded that they might make constant excuses for a woman who doesn't care about them at all, and is mainly interested in all of your money :air:Like, is it really healthy to sustain this fake relationship with a celebrity you're never going to meet? Is it laudable for Gaga to keep such a thing going? It feels almost abusive to me...

These are very valid points, and I definitely don't mean to say we shouldn't have these discussions. Just that we shouldn't really expect to change anyone's mind, lol.

For me, there are lots of people I am a 'fan' of, which is to say a 'fan of their work', where I know next to nothing about them personally, nor do I care. I really do get where you're coming from.

I'm sure it's my own personal **** that makes me feel this way about Gaga, of course, it is, but I also think that's perfectly fine. I truly don't expect anything from her. I actually don't want her to live or die by her fans, that isn't healthy for anyone.  

But she brings joy to my life, and I'm not going to worry too much about the why of it. This world is shitty, and we all need an outlet.

Didymus
8 minutes ago, Ronlop said:

You are giving her the same criticism a prime minister would get for "betraying his country". It's just pop music and she's just an entertainer. She doesn't owe you ****. Period

You quoted from a post where I wrote this:

"I definitely need to be reminded once in a while that at the end of the day Gaga is a person and she doesn't owe me ****."

So, yeah. I know.

9 minutes ago, Ronlop said:

And it's not unhealthy (lets exaggerate it more shall we) to have this "fake" relationship because it doesn't do anyone any harm.

I don't know... does caring about a celebrity's happiness more than your own no harm? (that's what I was talking about, not being a fan in general, Jesus...) I'm not so easily convinced. I've seen plenty of fans here throughout the years who have spent more money on Gaga's career than on their own.

Pop music thrives on people signing their lives and time away to create better circumstances for someone they idolize but never even get to meet or talk to. I don't understand how you can so quickly argue that there is nothing inherently wrong with that.

giskardsb

On mobile not gonna quote but @Didymus you say the Fame was a huge artistic thing but you must be looking beyond the music because nothing musically wa groundbreaking.  Some good stuff but dance pop all the same. I would argue that BTW is much more groundbreaking musically. 

Let’s be honest, where was “Gaga” before lady starlight and LES?  Nowhere. Gaga clearly was a piece of performance art, but still and extension of who she wanted to be.  She may revisit that, or may not.  I hope she does.  However, I find it annoying how many fans discount the art in excellent vocal interpretation.  

It’s like while many couldn’t see Stefani underneath the glitz, many of you can’t see Gaga without it. 

Didymus
4 minutes ago, LaLa said:

These are very valid points, and I definitely don't mean to say we shouldn't have these discussions. Just that we shouldn't really expect to change anyone's mind, lol.

For me, there are lots of people I am a 'fan' of, which is to say a 'fan of their work', where I know next to nothing about them personally, nor do I care. I really do get where you're coming from.

I'm sure it's my own personal **** that makes me feel this way about Gaga, of course, it is, but I also think that's perfectly fine. I truly don't expect anything from her. I actually don't want her to live or die by her fans, that isn't healthy for anyone.  

But she brings joy to my life, and I'm not going to worry too much about the why of it. This world is shitty, and we all need an outlet. 

Well, all the best of luck to you :hug:

As much as I like to overanalyze and criticize her, Gaga still remains a source of joy for me as well. I still feel empowered and inspired by her early work, and I absolutely love ASIB and her music for and performance in it. Still plenty of good stuff for me to stick around.

And I do totally get where you're coming from as well. When Gaga succeeds in something I also still feel like it's somehow my achievement too, or something, you know that feeling? I'm sure you do. There's nothing essentially bad about that, I guess. But it can go to extremes, just like my cynicism can. I actually like that there's many people from different backgrounds and perspectives here, we can keep an eye on each other. I've met some amazing people here and that's also because of her, kind of :whitney:

Crying and making every speech / event about her life and her mental health seems very egocentric To me. 

Even the way she praises Bradley makes me unconfortable : she always makes it about her and gives the impression that she couldnt manage To be fully herself without the MAN that Bradley is. What kind of message is that ? A woman needs a man to be strong ? To be respectable ? What kind of reverse empowerment experience is that ?:wtfga:

And what makes me sad, Weirdly, is that it looks like she is apologizing for her past career. Being the most powerfull and polarizing female popstar of the world was not acceptable and it seems like her new real, fragile, victim self is her apologie To the world, her redemption.

i don't think the pity strategy is going to pay off... it is a personnal opinion, but I feel like she will never incarn a modern figure anymore, she embodies concervatives values without realising it ( at least I hope so ). This radical change of direction is what is making me slowly turn my back on her.

PARDON my english im french

Didymus
2 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

On mobile not gonna quote but @Didymus you say the Fame was a huge artistic thing but you must be looking beyond the music because nothing musically wa groundbreaking.

But see, that combination of superficial but still very enjoyable (and, for the time, very different: I mean, all you guys seem to remember is the singles, but what about all the glam rock influences on so many of the songs, that didn't escape my ears, I'd never heard something like that on a pop record) pop music with the intellectualist framework she built around it was the art for me :tony: It felt like a commentary. It was a commentary.

In any case, don't tell me Joanne is musically more interesting than The Fame or whatever :deadbanana: Even lyrically it pales next to the worst song on The Fame imo.

Truth is, she's never been a great songwriter. But then she was never defined by her songwriting skills anyway, at least not for me. It was all in the presentation. Now the music Ă nd the presentation feels unchallenging, which is why I compare it unfavorably to the past.

4 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

However, I find it annoying how many fans discount the art in excellent vocal interpretation. 

I don't, I just think that if we suddenly change our ways and regard vocal interpretation as the marker of artistic excellence, she just wouldn't be the artist to stan for :lana: She's obviously not the best singer of her peers, even. She has a great, unique voice, but do you seriously think she can compete with the best vocalists of our time? :air:

That's the thing about Gaga's various talents. In a delicious mixture it's unique and original. But focus on one dimension of it and she's just not that remarkable.

As she herself said just a couple of years ago: "Perspective is more important than talent."

Didymus
1 minute ago, Jamie said:

Even the way she praises Bradley makes me unconfortable : she always makes it about her and gives the impression that she couldnt manage To be fully herself without the MAN that Bradley is. What kind of message is that ? A woman needs a man to be strong ? To be respectable ? What kind of reverse empowerment experience is that ?:wtfga:

Well, I never even looked at it that way. Nice interpretation.

It's funny because I've met some people who interpreted the movie in exactly the same way: like Ally needed the dude to bring out some true artistic expression out of her. In the end, her final glory moment of empowerment, Ally sings one of his songs rather than one of her own. You could argue that this is actually the opposite of empowerment.

I personally think that's a bit too simplistic, but it's definitely something to take into account, so thanks for that.

Gracious Gaga
9 hours ago, Anveeroy said:

Sorry but Stefani needs to go again. :ohwell:

:triggered: 

♥ Kindness Police.

Archived