💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Gaga: "I ran away from Stefani & put on a superhero cape called Lady Gaga"

dit

Featured Posts

littlepotter
3 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Sorry but this kind of logic really doesn't cut it.

When you change as significantly as Gaga did, you have to acknowledge that and explain yourself at least to a degree, just like you do with family and friends who are witnessing your transformation.

It's entirely natural for fans to ask questions about these discrepancies for that same reason. A simple "I changed" isn't a good enough reply to people who have literally invested hundreds to thousands of dollars into your life and work.

(Now, I'm not justifying people surrender their livelihoods to a pop star, but you can't deny Gaga made active use of those people anyway, covering it up under that semi-disgusting "I love my fans, I'll always be there for them" act. I do feel like Gaga owes them a clear and unambiguous "I changed" statement.)

Well I'm on the fence about this. I'd be lying if I said it didn't sadden me that our relationship with her isn't what it once was. However I do feel most of the damage has been made from our side. 

Also, we're in 2018. She started "changing" somewhere around 2014 - most of us should've gotten the memo by now.

chaeri pls

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus
Just now, littlepotter said:

Well I'm on the fence about this. I'd be lying if I said it didn't sadden me that our relationship with her isn't what it once was. However I do feel most of the damage has been made from our side. 

Also, we're in 2018. She started "changing" somewhere around 2014 - most of us should've gotten the memo by now.

Well, you're probably right :cryga: But she didn't help :messga:

But yeah, it's true. It's been years. I think some fans aren't moving on because she hasn't given a clear signal that the people who are claiming she simply changed, are right. She's clever for never completely severing her connection to "Gaga" but yeah, it sure has caused a lot of fan polemics :diane:

She has said the same thing so many times and it triggers this fanbase so much every time, I can’t :smh: Lady Gaga is just her stage name, it is all still her, to make the movie she went back to “when she was Stefani” aka when she didn’t make it yet and still hadn’t figured out her low self esteem problems, she never lied or anything, it’s not rocket science, you all read too much into things :smh: 

littlepotter
34 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Well, you're probably right :cryga: But she didn't help :messga:

But yeah, it's true. It's been years. I think some fans aren't moving on because she hasn't given a clear signal that the people who are claiming she simply changed, are right. She's clever for never completely severing her connection to "Gaga" but yeah, it sure has caused a lot of fan polemics :diane:

Not only that, but it's like whenever a period of time passes and people start accepting that she just isn't their savior anymore, she does something like tweet "<3 you my little monsters" or wear her Mother Monster necklace or something like that; just a small gesture that gives us "hope" but not quite enough. So it's infintely more difficult to detach oneself. It's honestly almost like a toxic relationship :selena:

Spoiler

Off topic, but I've seen you on the site for years, and I think this is my first time ever seeing you use an emoji. Let alone 3 :diane: I'm lowkey shook.

chaeri pls

Lextyr97

Lmfaooooooooooooooo you guys. 

“I can’t believe anything she says anymore. She’s fake. I’m unstanning.”

*Releases LG6, Enigma becomes critically acclaimed and high grossing*

”Lady Gaga is the best artist to ever exist. I’ll stan forever.”

Have y’all never said something without thinking because you’re nervous? Have you never tried to sell yourself to a guy for some ****? I’m not saying Gaga is lying but the Oscar is the **** in this situation. Stop reading into it so much. Lord. 

bloody g

Isn't it amazing to experience her life journey from first hand :nooo:

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

GagaMyBlood95

Lol this is not contradicting at all to anything she has said in the past. Y'all quoting her 2011 interviews where she says Gaga and Stefani are the same person should look a bit more deep into what she said just now in this video..

She said that she had this superhero cape called Lady Gaga. Which is obvious, the industry and everything changed her and she HAD to have something that will 'protect her' cuz Stefani was not up for the business in the way that it was required from her. But that still means that Stefani and Gaga are the same person. I also put on a 'superhero cape' every time I need to present in front of many people in my classroom. I am definitely not presenting in the same way I act in my room alone or at the dinner table with my mom. That is just a different part of me, but still a part of me. 

So Gaga will always be a huge part of Stefani, they are one. It's just the fact that she had to be Gaga too much of the time in the past decade has made her lose connection to Stefani and this movie obviously made her re-connect, re-build that relationship and there is nothing wrong in that!

Kimblue

It’s pretty obvious that Gaga “changed” after finally coming to terms with her mental illness/rape/drug abuse. The way she speaks is like how a lot people do when they come out the other side of trauma. A lot of these little contradictions can easily be explained by that.

SharkmanthaC
4 minutes ago, GagaMyBlood95 said:

So Gaga will always be a huge part of Stefani, they are one. It's just the fact that she had to be Gaga too much of the time in the past decade has made her lose connection to Stefani and this movie obviously made her re-connect, re-build that relationship and there is nothing wrong in that!

I think of it like this too. This speech was right in line with her comments at the HR round table when she said she didn’t make it into acting, so she created these characters. After watching a lot of her interviews from the past, when I first watched this I felt happy for her. I honestly think she seems to be a good place with her mental health. The Lady Gaga of years past may have been a way for her to deal with some of her insercurities (as many of you have said). I think it’s still there, just maybe not as strong as her early career. For years, it’s been stated that she wants people that know her personally to call her Stefani. Not separating the two early in her career was probably bad for her mental health, imagine if you created a persona and were that 24/7, it be exhausting. Obviously Lady Gaga hasn’t completely disappeared, otherwise why do a residency? I think the way she performs there will be interesting. Even if you compare her performance on tours, you can see how she has grown and matured. I’m happy she seems to be in a good place with her mental health and has become so outspoken about it. 

she/her/hers

I just hope she don’t suffer (or won’t in future) from some kind of identity crisis. Feeling of your true „self” is really important and key element to a personality. And personality disorders are very serious.

Morphine Prince
6 hours ago, Lippoutou said:

Yet in 2011 she shouted everywhere that Stefani and Gaga are the exact same person and if you called her Stefani you didn't understand anything. I don't know how to feel about it.

And in 2011 everyone here probably thought differently and probably even acted somewhat differently to what they do now. 

We all evolve as we grow older. Our perception changes. 

Archived