Gaga: "I ran away from Stefani & put on a superhero cape called Lady Gaga"

dit

Featured Posts

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Grigio Guy
1 hour ago, gagzus said:

Tbh I always felt and still feel people and even Gaga overexaggerate the whole stefani v gaga thing. It’s just a stagename and that’s it 

I don’t think you understand the entire meaning behind this speech. As someone who has a mental illness, I understand where she’s coming from. I know what it’s like to build a character that the public loves. While hers is, obviously, on a grander scale, the concept is, essentially, the same.

It’s an amazing thing to hate yourself so much and never let the public know that truth. People build personas that they can show off to the public to hide their pain. That persona becomes an escape from all of your insecurities and negative thoughts.

Stefani has hinted at this for an extremely long time. I believe in an interview during the ARTPOP era. She stated something along the lines of wearing all the wigs, makeup, and clothes as a way to cope with her insecurities.

Religion is a product to sell.

Andy McQueen
1 hour ago, Lippoutou said:

Yet in 2011 she shouted everywhere that Stefani and Gaga are the exact same person and if you called her Stefani you didn't understand anything. I don't know how to feel about it.

People change and humans in general are full of contradictions.

Aww this is so sweet. I'm so glad for her and for the great relationship she and Bradley developed during the project. I really believe Bradley is a sweetheart too, and so is Stefani of course!

Wow. This is now sounding a bit forced. Like, last time, she explained on actors on actors that gaga and stefani are the same person or something like that. Well, i guess. She rly wants that Oscar. Lol. Wouldnt blame her tho. I still love her. 

Leblanc
1 hour ago, Bovary said:

This is a mean thing to say. She doesn't act, she feels this way. As an artist myself, I can relate to it. I think she feels and experiences things strongly and has a beautiful gift to be in touch with her emotions and to be able to open herself and to make them accessible to people. She is an ARTIST, not a celebrity or pop star only. Artists strive for self-discovery and her playing with her own created persona and figuring out and changing over the years what this larger-than-life persona means and who she is underneath, is one of the most intruiging things to witness about her, because she shares it in her speeches, her visuals, her fashion, her music. There may be inconsistencies about it - but first of all, we all have them, and second that's the point: she is not a manufactured character. Maybe at the end of her long life, she will know who and what Lady Gaga is. And who Stefani is. And maybe we will know as well. But 'til this point - if it ever comes - I am happy with all the inconsistencies, all the paradoxes, the question-marks, the flaws, whatever. She is, in some way, both artist and oeuvre at the same time, something we all should remember. Stefani created Gaga. So we should listen carefully to what she is saying and embracing every shape-shipting change inside and outside. Because that's what it means to be a little monster. Case closed. 

This made me feel things and now I feel changed as a human :tony:

(Watch me get dragged for doing the same thing Gaga is supposedly doing :gum::ladyhaha:

But seriously, you phrased everything here really well :flutter: I couldn't have said it better myself.

I always let the good ones go

Infinity Wave
2 hours ago, Lippoutou said:

Yet in 2011 she shouted everywhere that Stefani and Gaga are the exact same person and if you called her Stefani you didn't understand anything. I don't know how to feel about it.

I actually had this in my mind for a bit now. She keeps saying different thing which contradicts past statements, or which are totally different from what we used to think of her.

2 hours ago, FfFfFfFF said:

She always exaggerates things in order to be more emotional & is inconsistent. I woulnd't look too deep into it. 

2 hours ago, dit said:

Guys I think some are interpreting this in a wrong way. Gaga just says stuff like this all the time. I don't think she is saying she discovered Stefani is better and more important than Gaga. I think she is just saying that she finally rediscovered Stefani again and can add her to the many things that make her her. Yes sometimes I don't like that she contradicts herself but I don't really think this is one of those times. She isn't saying she is "more" Stefani now. She is just saying she is in touch with her Stefani side again. :heart: 

But this is the conclusion I've come to, just not to look too much into it.

57 minutes ago, Haroon said:

It's things like this that make me question other things that she says and whether we should believe them or not :emma: Like when promoting something else she'll be saying something else that contradicts what she's said before and it gets confusing and makes future stuff seem ingenuine because of track record :sweat: As if she's saying what people would want to hear in the moment :spin:

I honestly think that we should just believe what is more "honest", like, a speech like this clearly isn't referrend directly to fans and comes in quite an important moment for her (she could really snatch that Oscar). Instead, a speech during one of her concerts, a speech that's addressed directly to us monsters, a speech given with all her heart cuz you can see it, that's what I wanna believe.

So I choose to listen and believe what she says only in certain moments, when you can tell she's really speaking from her heart and to our hearts.

Colourful

Didymus
44 minutes ago, Cruzifix said:

I don’t think you understand the entire meaning behind this speech. As someone who has a mental illness, I understand where she’s coming from. I know what it’s like to build a character that the public loves. While hers is, obviously, on a grander scale, the concept is, essentially, the same.

It’s an amazing thing to hate yourself so much and never let the public know that truth. People build personas that they can show off to the public to hide their pain. That persona becomes an escape from all of your insecurities and negative thoughts.

But how is playing a role on a movie better than "playing" Lady Gaga, who supposedly is a part of her? :messga:

Like, she literally said she's nothing like Ally, and would never write her music for herself. So where is this sudden psychological authenticity coming from? Or is she just talking about the process of making the film then? :interestinga: Still, that doesn't explain why this was the best artistic experience of her life, or why she even had to "be" Stefani again. It just makes no kind of sense.

JupiterDrive

That’s one of the reasons I don’t stan her anymore back then when they asked her who is the person behind lady Gaga and she always replied with it’s her there’s nothing she’s hiding it’s the true her and now this... she really became a puppet And lost her authenticity because she keeps saying stuff just to make people love her in a pity way 

Sorry but I won’t believe anything she says anymore 🤷🏻‍♂️Because I know it’s just random talk or persona to fit the product she’s selling 

ALGAYDO
5 minutes ago, JupiterDrive said:

That’s one of the reasons I don’t stan her anymore back then when they asked her who is the person behind lady Gaga and she always replied with it’s her there’s nothing she’s hiding it’s the true her and now this... she really became a puppet And lost her authenticity because she keeps saying stuff just to make people love her in a pity way 

Then why are you on a site dedicated to her? :ladyhaha:

Didymus
4 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

You can still be interested in someone's career and discussing it without being a stan :koons: I've been doing it for years and I've never regretted it. Like her or not, her career is fascinating and discussion worthy :icega:

And for previous stans, like me, it's hard to completely let go. We all have hopes that someday she'll return to being who we were cheering on. I've stopped being a major fan years ago but I loved ASIB and the soundtrack, thinking it's some of her best music. Likewise, I've loved several recent performances. It's still fun to chat about that and share appreciation. Who else are we gonna talk about tbh :laughga:

hausofcy

I love gaga but every time she does acting she always has to point out that gaga is a “mask” while during previous era she always said that it is the real her. I’m kinda over it tbh. I want her to be happy and fully support her but Gurl, u gotta stay consistent. When promoting an album she says one thing and when promoting acting she completely contradicts herself. I’m scared for actors on actors cause we all know how that went down the previous time

🇯🇵

Bel Esprit
9 minutes ago, JupiterDrive said:

Sorry but I won’t believe anything she says anymore 🤷🏻‍♂️Because I know it’s just random talk or persona to fit the product she’s selling 

I love her, but since C2C, and really since her hip broke she's really changed. I understand she's not the age she was and people change, but she is always switching up her persona and mission statement as an artist and in a lot of ways she overhauls her image every era in an inorganic way. I really am getting lost, it seems like she is trying to rebrand herself to succeed in Hollywood, which is so anti-Gaga. If she shows up to the Oscars in a boring red gown or something I'll be disappointed. I'm hoping after this era she can return to her avant garde sensibilities somewhat. 

Haralampos
7 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

He is here as long as he wants, he don't have to explain to anyone why. People have opinions and an actual life, good for him.

Doesn't mean he wasn't a "little monster" or something, after all not even Gaga called us like that anymore. Doesn't she?

Archived