Ariana Grande - thank u, next

A Wig is Snatch

Featured Posts

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
theahsfan
Just now, SJAG said:

Well, it wasn't a tribute song to Mac so I don't get your point, she mentioned him, but I don't think she used him in some way.

To me the song was more an empowering song about being a mature, independent woman without having necesserely a man (That's why her exes taught her "love, patiente and pain" as well as she did to herself).

It almost felt like her "Blank Space", to mention a recent song. She has often been compared to Taylor Swift because of "moving too fast" with relationship, and It kinda reminded me of a way of joking about the way people portray her the same way Taylor did with her hit song (which unsurprisingly reached #1 on Billboard Hot100)

She's saying "thank u, next" to him. Someone who tragically died after overdosing. That is the message of the song.

And worst of all she's using his name, alongside Pete's etc, to get the song to #1

IllusionLover

I've always thought these bitches were the same person, and ariana confirmed it

8dd1166dcb7bb5c72c30a1a8d8091e89--cool-mDtRxOvYWkAEkt6n.jpg

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

Andreu
29 minutes ago, nicolasrumet said:

All the hype for this? sigh... 

My thoughts exactly

Its not bad but I don't need to watch it again

Damn i was expecting the video to be good, this is absolutely awful. Dont people know how to make iconic pop moments anymore, like Ariana has it all, it's such a wasted talent.

IAmNotHere1997

The way she overhyped this :saladga:

I really thought she's gonna drop VOTY, her best music video to date, etc :cryga:

I'm not disappointed at all thought, 'cause I can't even imagine what type of MV TYN should have received

But it just feels kind of random, with no storyline or plot? I thought it was gonna be sth like Bad Liar, but miles better.

I thought she was gonna serve a MV like in the early '10, when we had plots and not just lipsynching over the song and some really cool visuals and outfits.

But anyway...

thank u, next 💋

Flippy

So good! On repeat! :music:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

1 minute ago, theahsfan said:

She's saying "thank u, next" to him. Someone who tragically died after overdosing. That is the message of the song.

And worst of all she's using his name, alongside Pete's etc, to get the song to #1

I mean, you're not wrong, it was probably not the best choice mentioning him, but I don't think her intentions were bad nor harmful, in fact she thanked each of her exes for different reasons, and called Mac an angel too, it wasn't a diss track or anything, the song has actually a positive meaning so I wouldn't get so mad.

For the whole #1 thing, I think that although this isn't her best song, it's obvious she would have gotten a #1 sooner or later.

Slovakialop

What the f**k is this? What's the video about? Why it is so random?

How are non-USA people suposed to know waht's going on?

Dissapointing

Thank u, :bye:

theahsfan
5 minutes ago, SJAG said:

I mean, you're not wrong, it was probably not the best choice mentioning him, but I don't think her intentions were bad nor harmful, in fact she thanked each of her exes for different reasons, and called Mac an angel too, it wasn't a diss track or anything, the song has actually a positive meaning so I wouldn't get so mad.

For the whole #1 thing, I think that although this isn't her best song, it's obvious she would have gotten a #1 sooner or later.

I personally feel like Ariana is so immature and acts like a 14 year old

all this "sry i dipped".... like i'd say more but i'd get a warning for flamebait, i just dislike her SO much

Archived