💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Britney Spears' impact

mzncb

Featured Posts

Regina George
6 minutes ago, Gypsy Life said:

Britney Spears IS the worst thing to happen to music in the last quarter-century (I'd say ever but let's go with quarter century) and that doesn't mean she has any impact, because she has none.

Now you know.

Be objective. She is iconic and you’ll have to deal. :bye:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
migamiga
On 11/25/2018 at 7:19 AM, Aglaya said:

Britney feels fake, like a robot, and she doesn't even try to sing since 1900. 

Well at least she’s had the longevity to last 118 years. Your fave could never :lolga:

Guillaume Hamon
21 hours ago, ReginaGeorge said:

She was better dancer than all of the industry then and now. 

I agree she was better than all of them except maybe for janet jackson at her peak. :) 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/26/2018 at 1:36 PM, DCgaga said:

No I’m not comparing her, I’m just saying. There will be a time 10-20 years from now where most of the generation isn’t even gonna know who Britney is, and she’s basically the modern day Paula Abdul, but do we ever hear from her? Once again, not comparing, just using her as an example 😂

Obviously the difference is that Toxic is going to be consistently played decades from now no matter how irrelevant Britney is or what she does in the future, unlike Paula Abdul's music.

On 11/26/2018 at 1:44 PM, Gypsy Life said:

Britney Spears IS the worst thing to happen to music in the last quarter-century (I'd say ever but let's go with quarter century) and that doesn't mean she has any impact, because she has none.

Now you know.

You've just admitted Britney Spears is the most impactful female (arguably overall ) music act of the last quarter century.

On 11/27/2018 at 4:17 AM, Bio said:

Larry Rudolph's impact

Larry Rudolph has successfully managed who else again?

13 minutes ago, mzncb said:

Larry Rudolph has successfully managed who else again?

Backstreet Boys, Justin Timberlake, Avril Lavigne, Miley Cyrus, among others. But his main priority has always been Britney.

gumzy3000

Britney is in her own weird category altogether. I would not say she is a singer but more of an entertainer. She is definitely not the worst thing that happened to the music industry but people do not like her because she lipsynchs way too much. I mean, almost all the female singers today who are popular can somewhat sing. Britney did not but she made up for it by her dancing. Also, Britney was way too manufactured by her record label and it can really make one question her authenticity and the meaningfulness of her music. Again, she is an entertainer, I would never listen to a Britney song the way I listen to a Taylor Swift or Adele song for example. 

Mainstream pop now has become smarter I would say and singers are challenging race, gender, politics, and sexuality in their works. The lyrics are also a bit better than the 2000s and the singers do have some singing ability. While this is good, it is not as entertaining as when Britney was dominating the world in the late 90s and 2000s. Just for that alone makes her an icon and DEFINITELY not the worst thing to happen to music in the past century.

trolly troll troll

SHe definitely had a pop culture impact. I may get hate for this, but I really don't see what her music impact is. 

2 hours ago, mzncb said:

Obviously the difference is that Toxic is going to be consistently played decades from now no matter how irrelevant Britney is or what she does in the future, unlike Paula Abdul's music.

You've just admitted Britney Spears is the most impactful female (arguably overall ) music act of the last quarter century.

Stop replying to old quotes 😂

4 hours ago, Bio said:

Backstreet Boys, Justin Timberlake, Avril Lavigne, Miley Cyrus, among others. But his main priority has always been Britney.

Backstreet Boys were already successful before him. Timberlake also had another manager and Avril Lavigne Miley Cyrus and the rest of his clients have languished under his managerial leadership.  

Doesn't mean he isn't smart and knowledgeable, but if Britney doesn't have a career I see no reason why Larry Rudolph deserves one either.

3 hours ago, DCgaga said:

Stop replying to old quotes 😂

But it's true though.  As a performer, she's essentially the Paula Abdul of her time but Toxic will be played/popular DECADES from now, unlike any of Paula Abdul's music while Baby One More Time defined an era.

So how do you really quantify her?

Archived