Mirrion Rizzons

Yes or no?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. choose one

• yes
    • no

Featured Posts

Mirrion Rizzons

she's always been mega supportive of the LGBTQ+ Community but I've never really seen others recognize her as a gay icon. Have you?

She definitely deserves to be one,so I vote yes

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PeachJug
Just now, Mirrion Rizzons said:

She definitely deserves to be one,so I vote yes

i voted no. not that she doesn't deserve to be one - she does.. but she isn't

probably because she doesn't stand out artistically as much as true gay icons  - Gaga, Madonna, Bowie, etc...

she's super talented though!

edengowon

I think a gay icon is someone who is very representative of the LGB community as a whole

I don't think P!NK is a gay ICON, definitely a huge ally though

the artist formerly known as melancholia

She is a rebellious, gender non-conforming, pop star who took on social justice issues before being a social justice warrior was cool. She became an important figure for a generation of lesbians by showing the world that butch is beautiful. She is a gay icon.

TEETHTEETH

If not an icon, she played a big role in breaking the mold, paving the way for more self representation in the music scene. 

IAmNotHere1997

No. You need to do some big things LGBT-related, or at least have a huge gay fanbase, in order to really be considered a gay icon in my opinion.

geopang

People voting no must be have been after the year 2000 lol.

She is indeed a gay icon. She was a huge icon for gays and especially lesbians for all of my childhood and teen years, and she continues to be. She’s always been an ally and has songs that encompass equality and calling out homophobia. 

Phaye Monster

Yes. Of course she is. She’s been supporting LGBT+ people her whole career, and she’s raising her child as gender neutral I think

I think that she’s just been overshadowed by the likes of Gaga and Madonna, which is a shame because she’s a brilliant artist and a good person

I'm an ARTPOP bitch, baby

RudraCNG

I'd say she is. You don't need to shout every second "I'm pro-lgtb!!" to actually be it. P!nk has always included feminist, rebellious and pro-equality messages in her songs and speeches, and has always encouraged everybody to be what they want and to be proud of it.

Arcanum
46 minutes ago, geopang said:

People voting no must be have been after the year 2000 lol.

She is indeed a gay icon. She was a huge icon for gays and especially lesbians for all of my childhood and teen years, and she continues to be. She’s always been an ally and has songs that encompass equality and calling out homophobia. 

No she wasn't.And as a peer born in late 80s and watching her ascension as a teenager, I remember her first steps pre-2000. She was always outspoken and straight forward and supportive of minorities but nowhere near pop culture, which is indeed the status quo of the gay community. In fact she dissed pop culture and everything gays stand for a lot. She is a rebel, she is a feminist, she supports equality and LGBT rights but she has been against everything "queer" definiton stands for. That makes her a great ally but definitely not an icon.

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.

Archived