Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

'American Horror Story : 1984' Discussion Thread

monketsharona

Featured Posts

"seatbelts"

"seatbelts?"

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA"

"I heard if you record Gaga snoring and play it backward it sounds like an act. 2 unreleased."

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Episode 5 was cute but nowhere near as good as episodes 3 and 4.

I’m mad that ghosts are gonna be the main thing again. They have been done to death by the show already, I don’t know what else they could possibly do with them.

I truly hope we get aliens, werewolves, cryptids, just whatever that isn’t ghosts.

omgggggggggggg!!!!! I literally was shook at the final reveal of the episode... such a good episode!!! I think they’re handling the paranormal element very well so far 

highlikegaga

this season ain't IT. i enjoy it overall, but it's so anticlimactic to me, that it pains me that Ryan can't seem to figure out we need monsters, who are brutal and can't listen to reason or whatever. think birdbox and a quiet place but with Ryan's trademark twist. 

serial killers, ghosts, demons, witches and vampires have feelings, we get it. 

also, he needs to chill with the reviews payola, it's getting obvious lmao

Jeremy Kosinski
On 10/17/2019 at 9:40 PM, Spock said:

Yeah, a season full of plot twists a bunch of Twitter gays could have come up with has amazing intellectual depth 

As Myrtle Snow would say... don't be a tasteless tw*t dear 😂

Jeremy Kosinski
On 10/18/2019 at 2:07 AM, ARTGOD said:

Episode 5 was cute but nowhere near as good as episodes 3 and 4.

I’m mad that ghosts are gonna be the main thing again. They have been done to death by the show already, I don’t know what else they could possibly do with them.

I truly hope we get aliens, werewolves, cryptids, just whatever that isn’t ghosts.

It's a recurring theme because it's a  whole just cuz you die doesn't mean your suffering does, & in horror thats an assumption that death is the thing to fear most but there are far worst horrors and you can spin any subgenre into the mix you'll always come back to the paranormal aspects and i truly think that is Ryan's schtick with the series cuz in the end gonna find out its some never ending purgatory where they're all a single person getting reborn into a fresh hell like every Jessica character is 1 soul every sarah character is one soul etc. I know I'm delusional and i don't need a dna test to know im a hunnit pahcent wronggg 😂

Curious to see where they go. I very much so enjoy this season, which is refreshing after Apocalypse (did not enjoy at all past the first three episodes), although I wish they'd move on from ghosts. While I much prefer the more serious seasons, this is so far fun, flashy and thriving with the 80's theme.

• 2 weeks later...
sillynate

Who’s been watching? Who’s ready for tonight? :gum: Do you think your questions (if any) will be answered? :oprah: 

Luke78619

I will be watching during my break at work tomo, perched and excited, I really liked this season 

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

Disnalex

I hope AHS 10 has Aliens. 

Spoiler

Imagine if they come from...

Spoiler

VENUS!

Spoiler

:bye:

Gaga for Disney

EEEEEE!!!! final episode I can't!!!!! will probably watch tomorrow due to me watching on some french website lmao but whew i'm so excited. 

I'm honestly surprised by how enjoyable this season has been.

It's a far cry from the tone of previous seasons, but I think that might be a good thing- where Apocalypse failed at trying to recreate the magic of season 3 (while still providing fantastic fanservice, nonetheless), 1984 branched off into full comedy-horror to its own benefit.

It doesn't have the deep satisfaction that seasons 1-5 and 7 (usually) had with the more complex and drawn out tone and narrative, but it's definitely enjoyable in its own manner. The cast has been fantastic (even Gus by the end) and the writing has been funny and tight, which by this point is all I could ask for from a newer AHS season.

Excited to see how this ends.

3 points in and ready for more

I've been discussing with some friends about how this season may have actually tackled and subverted (kind of) the height of 1980's cinematic character and setting stereotypes and tone better than Stranger Things 3 itself. Hmm.

3 points in and ready for more

joemayzzin

I actually really enjoyed this season :party:

cant wait when it’s released on Netflix so I can binge it back to back! 

Archived