💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Something I just realized re: INLA

FinnishGypsy

Featured Posts

FinnishGypsy

So this is random, apologies if it’s been mentioned previously or is otherwise pointless.

But, until I watched the INLA MV, I didn’t realize Ally had dyed her hair back to brown following Jackson’s death. Considering he loved her natural beauty while she was very insecure, I thought her having returned to her natural hair color was a really beautiful statement referencing the power of love, and the enduring impact it has on the remaining individual even after their partner has passed. 

ETA: Pictures before/after his death for reference, since luckily I’m not the only one who was too blinded by my tears to see properly (even though the difference is actually really drastic):

Before:

image.jpg

After:

lady-gagas-mesmerizing-ill-never-love-ag

Reid LePage
29 minutes ago, Bradley said:

It's good that you noticed but wasn't it obvious? :poot:

well, i didn't realise until now

not sure it's something everyone picked up on

Glamourpuss

I noticed it subconsciously but didn't think about it in the way that you described. That makes the scene more powerful for me now. 

Panchecco

I think INLA performance is at least one month after Jack's death (it's not explained but that's how I interpreted it) so I think she actually just stopped dyeing it and the color started to naturally fade out 

during INLA performance you can see her bangs still have a little bit of orange on them (but it could be the lighting so idk)

normal_594230424052968378gagafacepl.jpg

8 minutes ago, Panchecco said:

I think INLA performance is at least one month after Jack's death (it's not explained but that's how I interpreted it) so I think she actually just stopped dyeing it and the color started to naturally fade out 

during INLA performance you can see her bangs still have a little bit of orange on them (but it could be the lighting so idk)

normal_594230424052968378gagafacepl.jpg

Maybe it is the lighting you’re seeing because you can actually see it on her shoulder as well ...

But who knows, now I’m going to have to buy the DVD and see if they talk about it on the commentary version :huntyga:

Hottie Detector

FinnishGypsy
12 hours ago, Bradley said:

It's good that you noticed but wasn't it obvious? :poot:

Probably but the first time I saw it in theaters, I was sobbing for the last 30 minutes straight. Gaga could’ve been bald and I wouldn’t have noticed. :poot:

Well, when she visits him while in rehab (they included part of the scene in the music video), she shows him some notes about a love song he wrote (I'll never love again) and he tells her "...I thought maybe you'd find it when you came back to you".

At the end of the movie, we see Ally with brown hair and no makeup, natural just like Jackson wanted her to be.

She's, in fact, back to her true self. A Star is Born the moment the movie ends.

FinnishGypsy
56 minutes ago, SJAG said:

Well, when she visits him while in rehab (they included part of the scene in the music video), she shows him some notes about a love song he wrote (I'll never love again) and he tells her "...I thought maybe you'd find it when you came back to you".

I know, I can’t believe I completely missed all the foreshadowing the first time I saw it! I had no familiarity with the original story and avoided all spoilers; nevertheless, the second time around it was actually really obvious. I think I was just too emotionally invested and overwhelmed the first time. 

57 minutes ago, SJAG said:

A Star is Born the moment the movie ends.

This was my interpretation as well. In fact,  my theory went a bit further, (perhaps incorrectly), but to me, the movie seemed symbolic of the cyclical nature of celebrity; the public/media propelling them toward fame, briefly treating them as an idol/god, and then gleefully watching them inevitably crash and burn until the next “big thing” comes along.

Hence, with the movie ending in the manner it did, I posited that it was a metaphorical representation which illustrated that for every new star that is born, and older star must first die (although this is obviously usually not literal). 

Small thing, too: during the last scenes, before the final song, you can see the roots growing out of the orange hair (good job Freddie!). 

She’s essentially stopped putting in effort into one particular phase of her self, and decides to go back to brown.

To me, it’s not even so much a “return to roots” as it is her transforming into what she was truly destined to become.

3 points in and ready for more

Defmix100
1 hour ago, SJAG said:

At the end of the movie, we see Ally with brown hair and no makeup, natural just like Jackson wanted her to be.

She's, in fact, back to her true self. A Star is Born the moment the movie ends.

I thought he said "I thought maybe you'd find it when it came back to you" meaning if he died and she'd own and go through his things.

Archived