💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Diane: "The label didn't want to release TIHTY, I payed for the video"

Panchecco

Featured Posts

Panchecco

Diane was recently interviewed by The Hollywood Reporter and during the interview, she revealed that she had to fight with Interscope Records to have "Til It Happens To You" released. When they finally agreed to release it she also had to fight to have a music video for the song and eventually, ended up helping get the video financed and the label still "made her call it a PSA video" even though it was never really intended to be just a PSA video.

That's honestly so weird to me... Why didn't they want to officially release it? And why didn't they let her make the music video that she wanted... I'm sure Gaga would have agreed to be in the video 

It's so sad that she has to fight that hard to have her songs released even after a fantastic career as a writer 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DONAJENDRO
2 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

So... who wrote the song? :oprah:

Diane. Gaga changed a line and got a credit & Oscar nomination

Mad Onna

2 minutes ago, DONAJENDRO said:

Diane. Gaga changed a line and got a credit & Oscar nomination

Even to this day, I'll never get over the hilarity of this :rip:

scammer :poot:

Signature loading… 👹🖤

Regina George
24 minutes ago, Epione said:

Interscope sucks as a label, Gaga never gets enough money for her videos. Nothing new. 

Gaga actually has really big budget and is free to make any video she wants. They gave her complete artistic freedom and integrity with the contract she signed few years ago.  She didn’t want to make videos that are over the top during the Joanne era and she said it few times. Interscope is amazing for Gaga. 

EDIT: Okay apparently Gaga payed for GUY (didn’t know that, sorry) but they still payed for Applause and that video was amazing. Budget is not playing a big part when it comes to quality. 

bloody g

I'm sure interescope didn't like Gaga being involved in such controversial and political movement after ARTPOP.

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

ArtGagaPop
1 minute ago, ReginaGeorge said:

Gaga actually has really big budget and is free to make any video she wants. They gave her complete artistic freedom and integrity with the contract she signed few years ago. GUY video had multimillion production. She didn’t want to make videos that are over the top during the Joanne era and she said it few times. Interscope is amazing for Gaga. 

That gaga paid by herself :sweat:

Weasel
3 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

Gaga actually has really big budget and is free to make any video she wants. They gave her complete artistic freedom and integrity with the contract she signed few years ago. GUY video had multimillion production. She didn’t want to make videos that are over the top during the Joanne era and she said it few times. Interscope is amazing for Gaga. 

Sis, Gaga paid for that one herself :deadbanana:

DONAJENDRO
1 minute ago, Stef said:

Even to this day, I'll never get over the hilarity of this :rip:

scammer :poot:

The fact that it had DANCE REMIXES too  :deadbanana:

This kinda goes off

Mad Onna

2 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

it's easy for them to shove the blame to corporate when gaga doesn't do what they want her to do because it hurts them less - but G.U.Y. is a bad example sis, she funded that video on her own

665323151_stefggd.thumb.JPG.709207286581

Signature loading… 👹🖤

bloody g
Just now, ReginaGeorge said:

Gaga actually has really big budget and is free to make any video she wants. They gave her complete artistic integrity with the contract she signed few years ago. GUY video had multimillion production. She didn’t want to make video that are over the top during the Joanne era and she said it few times. Interscope is amazing for Gaga. 

Interescope actually stopped promotion for ARTPOP after Gaga didn't agree to release the video for DWUW. Everything that she did after January was from her own personal (or what was left) and Gaga herself had to pay for G.U.Y.'s video. That was a red flag, and Diane's statement is another one. I'm fed up with them, honestly.

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

Regina George
1 minute ago, ArtGagaPop said:

That gaga paid by herself :sweat:

1 minute ago, Weasel said:

Sis, Gaga paid for that one herself :deadbanana:

Okay didn’t know that and it’s kinda not the thing I wanted to prove. They payed for Applause which was amazing IMO. 

Archived