💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

What Is Your Interpretation Of Electric Chapel and Black Jesus?

Space Cowboy

Featured Posts

Space Cowboy

I'm interested in knowing what other people take away from these songs and the meaning you believe them to be. 

CautiousLurker

Electric Chapel is a song about a chapel that's powered by electricity, and Black Jesus is about a Jesus who's black... obviously :trollga:

Lighter

Gaga explained to E! News that this track from her Born This Way Special Edition album is about how when she moved to downtown New York at the age of nineteen, she was introduced to an entirely new way of thinking that was so different from the way she was taught. Up till then, iconic imagery had taught her entire life to look at Jesus and religion a certain way. Black Jesus represents an entirely new way of thinking to her, ("Jesus is the new black"), which she believed was caused by meeting new people and seeing new things. She added that the Amen Fashion part of the song concerns how having a new way of seeing is as easy as changing your fashion. According to Gaga, the two phrases that make up the title are interchangeable. She had used both phrases in the song, liked them equally, so she decided to use both. In a post on her Facebook wall, Lady Gaga explained: "Black Jesus was Justin Timberlake's favorite. Its about how putting on a new spirit is as easy as putting on fashion. Amen.”

Lighter

Electric Chapel

“It's not about sex or champagne”
i believe she's just looking for something else than just sex or expensive things, but a commitment hence why the song is about a chapel.

Music is religion and it holy, the club/bar/live show are the holy places and we just meet there for fun, to find love, to heal ourselves..

Black Jesus is another type of religion, fashion is religion and we celebrates it, black Jesus is to fight the racism in the fashion industry and to say that the holy person is black and he's awesome and fashion is not "white" anymore, it's the new black.

BTW is a journey through many kind of religions, the Abrahamic, the social, the fashion, the music and many others.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

It’s where her Illuminati baptism took place, she’s telling monsters to convert to Illuminati for her if we love her that much. 

Electric Chapel is a metaphor for safe sex.

'my body is sanctuary, my blood is pure'

'You want me bad I think you're cool but I'm not sure'

She's hesitant because she doesn't want to be infected.

But she still long for that intimacy. Electric Chapel is safe sex (condom, maybe).

'confess to me where you have been next to the bar. Pray for your sins right under the glass disco ball'

She's hesitant because she knows the guy is promiscuous as he is always 'next to the bar.' Also, she wants him to be honest of his encounters.

'Together we’ll both find a way
To make a pure love work in a dirty way'

Infected or not, they'll make a pure thing from something dirty.

It's really easy to interpret.

Our Lady of the Immaculate Contraception. :vegas:

Oriane

I read somewhere an interpretation of Electric Chapel as being about staying a virgin until you get married. I think it makes sense if you read the lyrics.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Electric Chapel is about having sex (maybe losing your v-card) with someone you trust and Black Jesus is about herself

Electric Chapel is about finding safety in someone else (I believe).

BJ+AF is about what someone previously said: fashion is religion and not just fashion in the material sense but pop culture, and ideas, etc. Fashion in gaga’s case refers to identity as it always has, so she’s saying that adopting new modes of expression is religious to her. It is her way of life. I also do think that superficially it’s about how she wanted religion to be the cool thing “the new black” as that was her headspace at the time.

Smother Em Eh

EC- A committment to love

BJ+AF- With lyrics like

”I moved down town when I was just 19 to start a life on the NY scene” & “There’s no way I could be stopped I was taking my best shot”

This gives me the idea that it is about her as a young NYC rebel rising to become a star and working her ass off to become an Artist that she is today! :) 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Space Cowboy
14 hours ago, raragaga said:

satanism 

Bold of you to say. Care to explain or just trolling?

To me Electric Chapel is about my body belonging to me and it's sanctuary that I wanna protect. 

"You want me bad

I think your cool

But I'm not sure"

I had one very toxic relationship and that made me pretty concious about people who I let near me so I want to know what you want from me and the lyrics of the song is just like my feelings about relationships. I want it to be more than s€x (I want to know am I allowed to say that word here??)

:unicorn:

Black Jesus for me is about doing what you enjoy and celebrating it. 

:kara:

I'm probably wrong

Space Cowboy
On 11/15/2018 at 12:48 AM, raragaga said:

satanism 

On 11/15/2018 at 3:18 PM, 01Jaime said:

Bold of you to say. Care to explain or just trolling?

Ok so just trolling I guess..

Archived