291577B500000578-3097558-image-a-47_1432

Checkmate :ladyhaha:

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AStarIsBorn21
3 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

I mean ARTPOP was a mess aesthetically to be sure:laughga: There wasn't really a cohesive aesthetic at any point during the era... however the tour reflected that, and I think each of the costumes/wigs was connected to a mini-era within the era. And the octopus was definitely connected to the pastel under-the-sea thing.

lady-gaga-tokyo-3.jpg

We haven’t gotten a cohesive aesthetic for an era since BTW (if you forget about the second half of 2012). Joanne still had crazy moments, where she’d wear black, in 10 inch heels, with crazy makeup. 

Regina George
7 minutes ago, AStarIsBorn21 said:

We haven’t gotten a cohesive aesthetic for an era since BTW (if you forget about the second half of 2012). Joanne still had crazy moments, where she’d wear black, in 10 inch heels, with crazy makeup. 

Joanne was actually pretty cohesive aesthetically.. She kept it simple, wearing hats and simple dress, sometimes white shirt and black jeans.. IDK it seemed pretty cohesive to me.. Even every photoshoot she did looked kinda the same 

Suspiria
11 minutes ago, AStarIsBorn21 said:

As much as I disliked the Joanne era, I think it was pretty cohesive during the "main" part of the promo cycle (from September until December - I think 2017 was more "greatest hits" era than Joanne). We got lots of pastel pink, crop tops and denim shorts, messy ponytails, and that damn hat. Not much else.

ARTPOP however... between August and December we'd already had Applause clown, seashell bikini girl, Marilyn Monroe, Versace princess, Mary Jane Holland, dreadlocks, green Christmas hair, banshee ghost lady, famous paintings impressions... probably a tonne more I can't even remember.

RAMROD

:classy:  I have 2 dates to attend to. And not too late for y'all unbelievers who's been bad mouthing this to get yours too. Because regrets always comes last, my frenz. Don't be that person.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

AStarIsBorn21
17 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

Joanne was actually pretty cohesive aesthetically.. She kept it simple, wearing hats and simple dress, sometimes white shirt and black jeans.. IDK it seemed pretty cohesive to me.. Even every photoshoot she did looked kinda the same 

22 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

As much as I disliked the Joanne era, I think it was pretty cohesive during the "main" part of the promo cycle (from September until December - I think 2017 was more "greatest hits" era than Joanne). We got lots of pastel pink, crop tops and denim shorts, messy ponytails, and that damn hat. Not much else.

ARTPOP however... between August and December we'd already had Applause clown, seashell bikini girl, Marilyn Monroe, Versace princess, Mary Jane Holland, dreadlocks, green Christmas hair, banshee ghost lady, famous paintings impressions... probably a tonne more I can't even remember.

0f3ae83b7cdfdb650f5cd4578a67cea6.jpglady-gaga-london-1.jpg?w=117002-lady-gaga-snl-promo-vid-still-2016-bilady-gaga-23.jpg?w=2000&h=2892bef59c697b4db1b53157f1c3d1bba638.jpglady-gaga-harpers-bazaar-us-dec-2016-c2a04-Lady-Gaga-b-perform-2016-Victorias-Se

gagarox

I hope the setlist has not more than 1 song from Joanne era. Almost 80 percent set list should be dance songs. Include Heal me/hair body face and Wdydyt 

2 hours ago, dit said:

I'll believe it when I see it :trollga:

Gaga's an excellent outstanding performer but I did not like the Joanne world Tour all that much. Gaga herself was outstanding but the show was underwhelming for me (I know it is a controversial opinion since JWT seems to be a fav of many here). 

I feel you. All her other tours had a cinematic greatness to them, storylines and characters, different acts/sections. Her tours are unmatched in my opinion. But the JWT was a little “safe” for her. Either way, it was still better than other popstars’ tours 👌🏼🤷🏼‍♀️

Regina George
30 minutes ago, AStarIsBorn21 said:

0f3ae83b7cdfdb650f5cd4578a67cea6.jpglady-gaga-london-1.jpg?w=117002-lady-gaga-snl-promo-vid-still-2016-bilady-gaga-23.jpg?w=2000&h=2892bef59c697b4db1b53157f1c3d1bba638.jpglady-gaga-harpers-bazaar-us-dec-2016-c2a04-Lady-Gaga-b-perform-2016-Victorias-Se

That looks pretty cohesive to me..... :huntyga:

AStarIsBorn21
1 minute ago, ReginaGeorge said:

That looks pretty cohesive to me..... :huntyga:

Yes. Very simple hats and dresses, white shirts and black jeans. :triggered:

Regina George
1 minute ago, AStarIsBorn21 said:

Yes. Very simple hats and dresses, white shirts and black jeans. :triggered:

I said that most of the time she wore that. And it’s fact. Every candid we got she wore that. Pics you shared were from different occasions but again it seems cohesive to me. Every pic has hat and the make up and aesthetic is similar.. Staying true to the Joanne aesthetic. 

AStarIsBorn21
23 minutes ago, oyeavi said:

I hope the setlist has not more than 1 song from Joanne era. Almost 80 percent set list should be dance songs. Include Heal me/hair body face and Wdydyt 

A-YO, John Wayne, and Dancing in Circles are all danceable songs. :messga:

1 minute ago, ReginaGeorge said:

I said that most of the time she wore that. And it’s fact. Every candid we got she wore that. Pics you shared were from different occasions but again it seems cohesive to me. Every pic has hat and the make up and aesthetic is similar.. Staying true to the Joanne aesthetic. 

K boo. But don’t get me started with 2017 Joanne fashion, you’ll lose that one. :oops: I just find it annoying how people try to erase Joanne and make it seem like a balled only album with basic looks. Sadly Gaga’s not cohesive enough to do something that restrictive, she couldn’t even keep a balled like Dope off of a heavily influenced EDM dance album. While I’d love it if Joanne didn’t have bops/bangers like JW, DIC, and PI and she did stick to a cohesive theme for whole era (Aug. 2016-Feb 2018) that’s not what happened. 

Regina George
20 minutes ago, AStarIsBorn21 said:

A-YO, John Wayne, and Dancing in Circles are all danceable songs. :messga:

K boo. But don’t get me started with 2017 Joanne fashion, you’ll lose that one. :oops: I just find it annoying how people try to erase Joanne and make it seem like a balled only album with basic looks. Sadly Gaga’s not cohesive enough to do something that restrictive, she couldn’t even keep a balled like Dope off of a heavily influenced EDM dance album. While I’d love it if Joanne didn’t have bops/bangers like JW, DIC, and PI and she did stick to a cohesive theme for whole era (Aug. 2016-Feb 2018) that’s not what happened. 

Okay you’re right! I hope you are happy now and can live in peace 

Archived