💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

Formichetti on Enigma: "super-duper crazy experience"

Suspiria

Featured Posts

Suspiria

So I don't know if it was already confirmed or not that Formicetti was styling the Enigma shows, but he mentioned it in an interview with OUT:

"What are you working on right now that you’re excited about?

I am working with Lady Gaga around her Enigma Vegas show which is going to be a super-duper crazy experience. There’s still a lot more details to come but I can’t wait to share it with you all."

https://www.out.com/fashion/2018/11/13/lady-gagas-creative-director-gives-advice-young-people-fashion?fbclid=IwAR2KITgVGklcSYci08ztREreZKgDyN3bDu4ZJTS_duG-sRCFd06poLqR_KE

So yeah not much new info. But at least it's confirmed CrazyGa is returning for sure!:vegas:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll believe it when I see it :trollga:

Gaga's an excellent outstanding performer but I did not like the Joanne world Tour all that much. Gaga herself was outstanding but the show was underwhelming for me (I know it is a controversial opinion since JWT seems to be a fav of many here). 

DutchHooker
3 minutes ago, dit said:

Gaga's an excellent outstanding performer but I did not like the Joanne world Tour all that much. Gaga herself was outstanding but the show was underwhelming for me (I know it is a controversial opinion since JWT seems to be a fav of many here). 

Same here bae, but we always think the same :vegas:

We need DarkGa with Bops so we can rule the industry again and learn the other popgirls how to snatch 'em wigs to ultimate baldness!!

JohnnyVersace
4 minutes ago, dit said:

It definitely was underwhelming when stacked against the ARTRAVE, TMB, TBTWB, but still holds a special place in my heart and of course she delivered. My thing with JWT was that the stage (those big white tacos, the pedestals) seemed very not-Gaga, and not-Joanne related. There was a disconnect between the music and the stage. I had said I would have LOVED a MR-esque green field, a dive bar, a NYC scaffolding set, that changed as the show progressed. 

But tbh, I think Enigma is going to be insane. I feel like she's on a mission to make it totally unique, and change the scape of Vegas and the stigma that surrounds it. 

4 minutes ago, JohnnyVersace said:

It definitely was underwhelming when stacked against the ARTRAVE, TMB, TBTWB, but still holds a special place in my heart and of course she delivered. My thing with JWT was that the stage (those big white tacos, the pedestals) seemed very not-Gaga, and not-Joanne related. There was a disconnect between the music and the stage. I had said I would have LOVED a MR-esque green field, a dive bar, a NYC scaffolding set, that changed as the show progressed. 

But tbh, I think Enigma is going to be insane. I feel like she's on a mission to make it totally unique, and change the scape of Vegas and the stigma that surrounds it. 

Absolutely agree. Gaga herself is one of the greatest show women in the business. I just did not like the disconnect between the stage, the music, the era and the interludes. Some could argue that it was all interconnected I suppose but for me there was a big disconnect which ultimately made me feel like the Joanne World Tour was just a greatest hits tour (if that makes any sense). Of course all tours in a way are "greatest hits tours" because they all showcase an artists biggest hits but the Joanne World Tour was really disconnected from the Joanne era and overall aesthetic.It depended too much on the previous "Gaga brand" which did not work with the Joanne record itself. 

However with Formicetti involved I am high expectations for the Vegas show as yu mentioned. He was always great at focusing Gaga's brilliant ideas. This is why I love when Gaga collaborats with great professionals. She's a genius but even geniuses need someone torefine their ideas and even geniuses need ppl brave enough to sometimes say "this aint it". Gaga's surrounded herself with a lot of "yes ppl" with good reason but Formicetti does not strike me as a "yes-man". This will be great. I just have to wait and see I suppose.  

10 minutes ago, DutchHooker said:

Same here bae, but we always think the same :vegas:

Cheers to that! Great minds think a like sweetness :vegas: 

Sneaky Oliver
2 minutes ago, JohnnyVersace said:

My thing with JWT was that the stage (those big white tacos, the pedestals) seemed very not-Gaga, and not-Joanne related. There was a disconnect between the music and the stage. 

The overall theme of the show was the concept of Joanne as her middle name and also as halfway between her two main personas. Its all about shape shifting, being on her full Gaga mode and then she becomes “the girl crying with a bottle of Pinot Grigio” and then becomes Gaga again (as seen in the applause interlude).

I think the tour was amazing, it was clean and beautiful, her singing and dancing were better than ever, it had good lights and pyro 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Suspiria
15 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

The overall theme of the show was the concept of Joanne as her middle name and also as halfway between her two main personas. Its all about shape shifting, being on her full Gaga mode and then she becomes “the girl crying with a bottle of Pinot Grigio” and then becomes Gaga again (as seen in the applause interlude).

I think the tour was amazing, it was clean and beautiful, her singing and dancing were better than ever, it had good lights and pyro 

I definitely agree the singing and dancing was better than ever for sure. And yeah it had great pyro, and the interludes were interesting and very conceptual.

However, purely from an aesthetic point of view it was pretty poor. The stage was totally generic, and had no connection to either Joanne or Gaga. The costumes were a bit all over the place, and other than the fact they had a Joanne hat and some tassels they weren't really "Joanne" in any way. Even the setlist felt very poorly thought out - why was PF plonked in the middle of the more rock-influenced section? Or Joanne followed by that slime interlude? And there was just no overall concept or storyline or message, which made it just feel like a bit less thought and planning had gone into it than her previous tours.

AStarIsBorn21
14 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

I definitely agree the singing and dancing was better than ever for sure. And yeah it had great pyro, and the interludes were interesting and very conceptual.

However, purely from an aesthetic point of view it was pretty poor. The stage was totally generic, and had no connection to either Joanne or Gaga. The costumes were a bit all over the place, and other than the fact they had a Joanne hat and some tassels they weren't really "Joanne" in any way. Even the setlist felt very poorly thought out - why was PF plonked in the middle of the more rock-influenced section? Or Joanne followed by that slime interlude? And there was just no overall concept or storyline or message, which made it just feel like a bit less thought and planning had gone into it than her previous tours.

Let’s not pretend her last few tours had fashion that was related to the albums main or original aesthetic. 

lady-gaga-2013-650-430c.jpgladygagaoctopusdress.jpg

lady_gaga_ctc_poster_1443682834_88694585 

0b6d6a2d38c72925d1356e072479c4bb.jpg

shoful
8 minutes ago, AStarIsBorn21 said:

Let’s not pretend her last few tours had fashion that was related to the albums main or original aesthetic. 

lady-gaga-2013-650-430c.jpgladygagaoctopusdress.jpg

lady_gaga_ctc_poster_1443682834_88694585 

0b6d6a2d38c72925d1356e072479c4bb.jpg

What....? ARTPOP is literally an EDM explosibe album. How did the tour not capture that? It was a rave... that and edm go hand in hand. And that cheek to cheek comparison I dont get at all they were both elegant af. Is it just because her hair is different lol

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

Suspiria
2 minutes ago, AStarIsBorn21 said:

I mean ARTPOP was a mess aesthetically to be sure:laughga: There wasn't really a cohesive aesthetic at any point during the era... however the tour reflected that, and I think each of the costumes/wigs was connected to a mini-era within the era. And the octopus was definitely connected to the pastel under-the-sea thing.

lady-gaga-tokyo-3.jpg

AStarIsBorn21
3 minutes ago, shoful said:

What....? ARTPOP is literally an EDM explosibe album. How did the tour not capture that? It was a rave... that and edm go hand in hand. And that cheek to cheek comparison I dont get at all they were both elegant af. Is it just because her hair is different lol

You asked for it honey.

291577B500000578-3097558-image-a-47_1432

shoful
Just now, AStarIsBorn21 said:

You asked for it honey. 

What...

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

Archived