Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

“Roma” will win the Oscars, ASIB only best original song

Kimmo

Featured Posts

Ok I’m sorry to tell you guys but Roma has been getting so much acclaim, its already tied with ASIB at winning best picture, but here’s the thing, Alfonso Cuaron is a mastermind and on top of that he is loved by The Academy there’s no way critics will let this movie loose for best picture. Just look at the trailer, the cinematography is mesmerizing, the movie lacks a lot of music to let the elements take over 

“Roma has very little accompanying music. You only hear music when the characters hear or play music. This lack of background noise allows other sounds to establish the setting. The house has a dog and several bird cages. The dog barking, the birds chirping; it adds tremendous realism to the plot” -Julian Roman

The only two from runners now predicted to win best picture is ASIB and Roma since “BlacKkKlansman” and “First Man” are already falling on popular votes 

ASIB is winning the expert predictions by 13 votes and Roma is getting closer now with 11 votes on the expert 

Here’s who voted  ASIB : 

Spoiler

Ed Douglas (Weekend Warrior),  Joyce Eng (Gold Derby), Dave Karger (IMDb), Jack Mathews (Gold Derby), Perri Nemiroff (Collider), Tom O’Neil (Gold Derby), Kevin Polowy (USA Today), Chris Rosen(Radio.com), Keith Simanton (IMDb), Sasha Stone(Awards Daily), Peter Travers (Rolling Stone), Brian Truitt (USA Today) and Susan Wloszczyna (Gold Derby).

Here’s who voted Roma :

Spoiler

Thelma Adams (Gold Derby), Tariq Khan (Fox TV), Alicia Malone (TCM), Andrea Mandell (USA Today),  Scott Mantz (Collider), Michael Musto(NewNowNext),  Claudia Puig (KPCC), Anne Thompson (Indiewire), Adnan Virk (ESPN), Jeffrey Wells (Hollywood Elsewhere) and Glenn Whipp (Los Angeles Times).

At this point we can pretty much say that the only award we have on lock is Best Original song :vegas:

While you’re at it check out Gravity and Childern of Men two of many of his best works!! 

Hottie Detector

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wonderlanddynasty

5 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

At this point we can pretty much say that the only award we have on lock is Best Original song :vegas:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcS7a4E7ieHRq5npB7bvT

sweet spot

i feel like black panther could be a possible competitor for best original song - kendrick is a critical darling after all :messga:

6 minutes ago, S0436 said:

Roma can have BP, but we want Best Actress for Gaga and Best Actor or Best Director for Bradley.  Thank you.

You know I should probably point out that you are correct, Gaga is actually leading the race for Best Actress :vegas:

Hottie Detector

Doncho

As long as Gaga wins 1 Oscar, Im fine with it :staymad:

Also watch out for Green Book in Best Picture, I heard a lot of praise for it

rumours

idk... I'm pretty sure that Slender Man movie released this year is going to snatch every Oscar in existence.

wonderlanddynasty
1 minute ago, Kimmo said:

You know I should probably point out that you are correct, Gaga is actually leading the race for Best Actress :vegas:

That I totally agree with:trollga:

Mulholland

Roma's path to Oscar victory is more difficult than you'd think given the critical acclaim and Cuaron's involvement. 

For one thing, the Academy has been very resistant towards Netflix in general. Netflix is working overtime to blow past that by giving the film a bigger (by their standards) theatrical release before it hits the streaming service, but it's too early to tell whether that's enough to win over the Academy. (Additionally: I think it's only playing in 3 or 4 major cities in North America.) And from everything I have read from critics and experts on Oscar campaigns, Roma is a movie that needs to be seen in a theater to be appreciated fully. Even with the theatrical run, MOST people are still going to watch it on Netflix. 

That's problematic because it's a 3-hour, black-and-white movie in a foreign language with no movie stars in it. Will people actually watch it, or will they be on their phones the whole time? Will they turn it off after 30 minutes or an hour because apparently it's somewhat slow? There are even some critics who have said the film is kind of cold and emotionally distant even though they like it overall. That's a tough prospect. Add in the fact that Netflix doesn't release viewership info, so no one can default to box office numbers to support the idea that a lot of people saw/liked it. 

I can see it winning Best Director, but Best Picture? It could happen, but that's an uphill battle. 

15 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

Here’s who voted  ASIB : 

Hide contents

Ed Douglas (Weekend Warrior),  Joyce Eng (Gold Derby), Dave Karger (IMDb), Jack Mathews (Gold Derby), Perri Nemiroff (Collider), Tom O’Neil (Gold Derby), Kevin Polowy (USA Today), Chris Rosen(Radio.com), Keith Simanton (IMDb), Sasha Stone(Awards Daily), Peter Travers (Rolling Stone), Brian Truitt (USA Today) and Susan Wloszczyna (Gold Derby).

But where is GGD though ? Votes of the Rah Rah Bitch's fans would blow Roma Romamama out of water :what:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKiwJZBGGXAoFFLzLq8mP

DeeepBbWAAcmylT.jpg

DLfNFxxVwAAUSUE.jpg

DLfNFxvUIAAhfVC.jpg

C33UCJyUEAQNgnD.jpg

C33UCJyUoAII4Re.jpg

OP: The trailer looks cool :lolly:

1 minute ago, Lee Ng said:

But where is GGD though ? The votes of Rah Rah Bitch's fans would blow Roma Romamama out of water :what:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKiwJZBGGXAoFFLzLq8mP

DLfNFxxVwAAUSUE.jpg

DLfNFxvUIAAhfVC.jpg

C33UCJyUEAQNgnD.jpg

C33UCJyUoAII4Re.jpg

OP: The trailer looks cool:lolly:

omg somebody make that Roma Bad Romance meme ASAP :excited2:

月にかわって、おしおきよ!🌙

6 minutes ago, supercut said:

i feel like black panther could be a possible competitor for best original song - kendrick is a critical darling after all :messga:

The only competition is from Mary Poppins. This is the Oscars not Grammys. Kendrick Lamar has no history here. Gaga does.

Sneaky Oliver

Roma may win 99 Oscars but it only takes 1 for Gaga to achieve her EGOT :vegas:

I’m on my Legacy Act era

6 minutes ago, Rumours1977 said:

idk... I'm pretty sure that Slender Man movie released this year is going to snatch every Oscar in existence.

Its nowhere to be found on the predictions list. 

Acclaim isn't all it takes to win though.

Also roma is a mexican movie right? So it has a barrier on oscar as well because of that.

Not saying it doesn't deserve just saying is not that simple.

Archived