Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Billboard: Why 'A Star Is Born' Isn't Wowing Overseas Audiences

Gam

Featured Posts

Emigrante
3 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

and life is free :sure:

seriously check out what musical movie is. the fact that asib has a lot of music doesn’t make it musical.

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's doing just fine in Brazil, I know a lot of people who watched it. Even though I think it's just showing in major cities cause I went to my irrelevant hometown and the movie theater wasn't showing it, but Venom and another irrelevant movie that I don't even remember

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Juanlittlem

It is doing fine in Spain, it already grossed 4.1M and it's still going on at the Top 10 of most watched films everyday.

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.

angelduuh

in my flop country the cinemas had it like just one week. Meanwhile they are still playing old ****ing movies like The Nun and **** like that.

jaXXXon

It's kinda interesting how Billboard failed to mention how Shallow is Top 5/10 in most countries WW (also many many NON-ENGLISH speaking countries) and the album selling very well outside of America as well. How can that be the case if the movie isn't popular there? :trollga:

Like, there's a reason Shallow is #3 on the Global Singles Chart. 

jaXXXon
28 minutes ago, angelduuh said:

in my flop country the cinemas had it like just one week. Meanwhile they are still playing old ****ing movies like The Nun and **** like that.

What country is that? :saladga:

38 minutes ago, jaXXXon said:

It's kinda interesting how Billboard failed to mention how Shallow is Top 5/10 in most countries WW (also many many NON-ENGLISH speaking countries) and the album selling very well outside of America as well. How can that be the case if the movie isn't popular there? :trollga:

Like, there's a reason Shallow is #3 on the Global Singles Chart. 

#1 on Worldwide iTunes also

23 hours ago, Pietro said:

It's a good movie. The music is great. But the film isn't outstanding. The critics loves it but the audience not so much. It's kinda "meh" for some people. Here in my country the cinema was almost empty, only 6/7 people. 

I actually agree with this. I adore the film, but it is not a 'great" movie. But I have been told by so many people- strangers included, : "Have you seen ASIB?" And it is worlds better than alot of the drek that passes for blockbusters.

Watch As I Dive In

2 hours ago, Emigrante said:

a stR is born is not a musical.

“musical” 😂 They’ve submitted it as a Drama for a reason. It’s a film with live performances part of the story. They don’t just break out in to random song like La La Land or Grease

5 minutes ago, Gagally said:

I actually agree with this. I adore the film, but it is not a 'great" movie. But I have been told by so many people- strangers included, : "Have you seen ASIB?" And it is worlds better than alot of the drek that passes for blockbusters.

I guess I kinda agree too. Amazing film but I can see why the audience scores differ from the critic scores.

Tbh, the last major film that wowed me was The Shape of Water.

On 11/14/2018 at 7:52 PM, Cruzifix said:

Speak for yourself, Both days that I went (Week one and two) the cinemas was FULL.

EDIT: Planned on going a third time, but the showing I wanted to go to was sold out.

I'm speaking for myself, you bast@rd. 

Spoiler

jk :kara:

FinnishGypsy

Honestly, I’m not surprised given how many international fans have said their movie was dubbed throughout the whole thing, songs and all. Although the whole movie is extremely well made, the magic in it is indisputably the music, and that would be completely gone without Gaga and Cooper’s renditions. I probably wouldn’t like it much either if it was just two random people singing on top! That’s where ALL the emotion comes from.

it was a hit at the balkans, smh which parameters they have considered for the research ? IT'S A HIT IN FRANCE TOO

should not overreact

thank u, next

well in greece people were wowed for sure. when the last bradley scene came everyone was sobbing, you could listen to sniffing noises all around the room! plus ive heard many people discussing about the movie, either cuz they wanna see it or cuz they saw it and they were talking abt the plot

Archived