💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Billboard: Why 'A Star Is Born' Isn't Wowing Overseas Audiences

Gam

Featured Posts

InsomniaMonster69
1 minute ago, Grimpsy said:

здесь русские тоже сидят? Я думал я один такой:huntyga: Насчёт SNL, нужно просто почаще высовывать нос из своей дыры, а если ещё Коачеллу не знать то совсем п...:saladga:

I don't speak Russian but I can if you like

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Grimpsy said:

здесь русские тоже сидят? Я думал я один такой:huntyga: Насчёт SNL, нужно просто почаще высовывать нос из своей дыры, а если ещё Коачеллу не знать то совсем п...:saladga:

ну так тут про общее население и говорится ) большая часть и про Коачеллу не знает ))

по идее я не русский, а якут :selena: сижу с 2011 года тут еще )) 

Якутия в России, если что :derpga:

月にかわって、おしおきよ!🌙

Reality
2 hours ago, THATFoxyFeeling said:

Isn’t that usually for blockbuster films? I don’t think it’s a bad sign at all. It’s the resurgence of the American Musical, it’s the new Golden Age. :firega:

I think generally films should have a higher foreign to domestic ratio. I mean after all, there are not people foreign than they are domestic. Like I said though, ASIB is doing very well, so there’s no need to worry.

🃏🖤👹

KleinGa
1 hour ago, Grimpsy said:

Well, I'm from Russia and totally got it what is SNL. You don't have to be in US to understand this or other stuff

You're on a Gaga website so I'd take it you're aware of US pop culture 

See my other point below: 

1 hour ago, KleinGa said:

Unless you're a gay pop culture junkie, parts of the film will mean nothing to you

boyerased

It's a good excercise of Americana and gritty hollywood. Even here in the Philippines which usually follows US trends with cinema it's not a big hit. It's just 'deep' and 'serious' for our local audience. It's just too raw. I know many people who expected something romantic and they got something depressing. 

2 hours ago, M Monstre said:

I mean, they aren't wrong. The box office numbers for the movie are higher domestic than they are foreign. Usually, that's not the best sign since foreign numbers are generally higher than domestic numbers. That said, the movie is still performing exceptionally well.

I’m sure that’ll change when it’s viewable in Asian countries, I’m sure China and Japan are still yet to have it released? 

thunderzap00

This really doesn't matter at all - Gaga's ASIB film has already outgrossed Barabara's version even if you adjust for inflation which is INSANE! She already won 

4 minutes ago, Kimihiro said:

It's a good excercise of Americana and gritty hollywood. Even here in the Philippines which usually follows US trends with cinema it's not a big hit. It's just 'deep' and 'serious' for our local audience. It's just too raw. I know many people who expected something romantic and they got something depressing. 

but the first half of the movie is pretty much romantic

3 hours ago, gam said:

“German fans were not particularly excited ahead of the film's release,” says Ines Walk, editor-in-chief at Moviepilot, an online portal for German cinemagoers. “And many criticized the film for focusing too much on the male character — Bradley Cooper's drunken country rock star Jackson — instead of the more interesting story of the female singer played by Lady Gaga."

Bitch how would anyone know that movie exists when even the cinemas showing it did like no IRL promo :air:

They did online, but no poster where to be seen ANYWHERE :rip:

That Bomehian Rhapsody thingy has billboards and posters all over the place, but ASIB has nothing at all :rip:

But the showings I went too were around 70-80% sold I would say, espeically the one a little while after the premiere. People were crying and said after the showing that they liked it, so idc :shrug:

noisullitcefrep

"ASIB is doing extremely well and has so far exceeded all expectations! Let's try to find something to pick on it!"

19 minutes ago, KleinGa said:

You're on a Gaga website so I'd take it you're aware of US pop culture 

See my other point below: 

yep, pretty much any person on GGD is not a very good example of the so-called "GP" :selena:

月にかわって、おしおきよ!🌙

Not The Real Gaga

The movie made over 325 million dollars. I call that a huge success. Indeed, it performs better in the USA than overseas. BUT still, just because this movie stars big names like Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga - it is still a festival movie! And... seeing those numbers... this is a HIT! :worship2:

:vegas:

Archived