💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Billboard: Why 'A Star Is Born' Isn't Wowing Overseas Audiences

Gam

Featured Posts

KleinGa

the film is an American story with mostly American references --- even the music to a large extent

Unless you're a gay pop culture junkie, parts of the film will mean nothing to you

For example: Ally getting extremely excited after finding out she was going to do SNL. To people outside the US they'd wonder "why the hell is this SNL so important?" etc 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, KleinGa said:

For example: Ally getting extremely excited after finding out she was going to do SNL. To people outside the US they'd wonder "why the hell is this SNL so important?" etc 

Well, I'm from Russia and totally got it what is SNL. You don't have to be in US to understand this or other stuff

Andy McQueen

There has been a lot of feminist critique here, it's sadly true. Even though it might be justified (it is a bit of a toxic relationship and Ally does what men want from her, even coloring her hair red). But still, the movie deserves recognition, awards and a huge audience.

JazzGa

That was definitely a risk they took with the country music route. Jack is very relatable to the "American tough guy who struggled his whole life" but I can see how he would not be relatable to non-Americans. Who else grows up on a 100 acre pee-can ranch anyways? :laughga:

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

If y'all want to see a movie that focuses on the female character just go see literally ANY of the previous ones. That part of the criticism makes no sense, did people not want a different take on a movie that's been done 4 times before?

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

JazzGa
6 minutes ago, Andy McQueen said:

There has been a lot of feminist critique here, it's sadly true. Even though it might be justified (it is a bit of a toxic relationship and Ally does what men want from her, even coloring her hair red). But still, the movie deserves recognition, awards and a huge audience.

Well, the movie is meant to SHOW the real sexist experiences, sacrifices, and isolation that a woman in the music industry might go through. She didn't even want to get into a relationship with Jack which she knew would be toxic. ("He's a DRUNK Dad!") ...Until her father pushed her to do it anyways because, sexist as it may be that the gatekeepers of this industry are all male, Jack might be her only chance to break into the music industry. It doesn't shy away from the reality of the situation. It would do feminism a disservice if it pretended like the music industry was all ~*~healthy habits and women supporting women~*~* 

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

All my friends (not Gaga fans) watched it ans loved it. 

maybe the reception here have been slightly cooler than in the US and UK, but may I respectfully remind you that Billboard, is one of the most shameless click bait site ever?   :laughga:

I'm a real Fire CRRRACKERRR

39 minutes ago, Grimpsy said:

Well, I'm from Russia and totally got it what is SNL. You don't have to be in US to understand this or other stuff

но все-таки не все в России знают про SNL :huntyga:

большинство моих друзей вообще не в курсах, что это такое. 

月にかわって、おしおきよ!🌙

Chickens in Malibu

They're delusional.

The film was N1 in the UK, Australia and many other places.

Billboard is trash anyway. I wish people didn't care about them anymore.

DeleteMyAccount

This movie was never suppose to be as successful as it has shown... 

Classic example of people complaining no matter what.

2 minutes ago, Rino said:

но все-таки не все в России знают про SNL :huntyga:

большинство моих друзей вообще не в курсах, что это такое. 

здесь русские тоже сидят? Я думал я один такой:huntyga: Насчёт SNL, нужно просто почаще высовывать нос из своей дыры, а если ещё Коачеллу не знать то совсем п...:saladga:

Archived