Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

An Extended Cut of ‘A Star Is Born’ Could Be on the Way

Coop

Featured Posts

But it sounds like Cooper’s version of the film went through multiple iterations in post-production before he settled on the rapturous final cut, as cinematographer Matthew Libatique (who does stunning work as the film’s DP) revealed to The Film Stage that the film evolved significantly during editing:

“I mean, they were different cuts. For me, I see an early cut, then see its evolution. Bradley was working on it — intensely working on it — to find a flow. It’s a rather long film because the music is in it. Things had to go so the music could take place; it couldn’t all exist at the same time. We shot, probably, more movie than is in the movie because of that. I think, editorially, he really started to shave it down to the bare essence of what the love story was. And that’s really all he was doing — making sure that was his priority — and you have to make some really tough decisions. Some performances.”

But here’s where it gets really interesting. Libatique revealed that he’s under the impression that a new, longer cut of the film is in the works:

“I think they’re actually doing a new cut, a director’s cut, and putting some stuff back in. I think there’s always the concern about length, but, for him, I think it was mostly the concern about, ‘When am I stepping outside the forward narrative of this love story, and when am I stepping outside the idea that you have one character ascending, another descending.’ I think that’s all he was doing when doing different cuts, is trying to find that soul.”

http://collider.com/a-star-is-born-extended-cut/?utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=collidersocial&utm_medium=social

Spoiler

sorry if AP, I searched the forums but couldn't find any mention of this

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm here for an extended version but at the same time not too extended. I personally would love on the DVD extras to have full length versions of just the performances (not flash backs to the film)  so song like ARUTW, WDYDT and then songs like ITA as that was obviously filmed and i'm sure one of the songs when we don't hear them sing is DMG so would be nice to see songs like that too.

GagaUnderYou

- Need the sex scenes

- Is That Alright? in full performance at the wedding

- more duets between them (Diggin My Grave, IDKWLI) 

- Coachella scenes (them on the roof)

- Zipline scene

- Alternative/Extended ending

PunkTheFunk

They should put all the footage back in and make it a 12 episode TV show and snatch some Emmys

18 minutes ago, GagaUnderYou said:

- Need the sex scenes

- Is That Alright? in full performance at the wedding

- more duets between them (Diggin My Grave, IDKWLI) 

- Coachella scenes (them on the roof)

- Zipline scene

- Alternative/Extended ending

All in glorious dolby vision and dolby atmos...but then again we always miss out on something when its gaga related 

Ryusei
23 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

It Better have the "Is That Alright" scene in it! :grr:

T H I S

And I need diggin my grave in the movie, I was so surprised when i watched and it wasnt there :giveup: 

Musery

Archived